rnd

Imagining that someone is smarter than I am - mind-fuck

45 posts in this topic

@Hulia maybe deep is still the wrong word,... not as 'free' as you are. But even that's still silly. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance Give us the answer, stop teasing. :)

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I was able to tap into the essence of intelligence during meditation and gained a few insights.

Intelligence is one's ability to make distinctions combined with their capacity to go meta on them.

For example, a newbie in chess can only see a few moves ahead into the game. A more intelligent/experienced player is able to see tens, maybe even hundreds, of moves. This keeps increasing with more intelligence/experience. Basically, intelligence is complexity.

But intelligence is not a singular axis. There are different kinds of intelligence. They are all interconnected and affect each other in infinitely complex ways. You can be very intelligent on one axis but not very much on another. The sum of all the different axes will give a certain result and manifestation of your intelligence. For example, an excellent chess player is not only able to see hundreds of moves ahead, but they're also able to trigger their opponent's emotions without getting triggered themselves. These are only two axes of intelligence. We can add another one, like the ability to see that chess is just a game and that it's not real, especially when it is practiced in competitions. Another axis could be the ability to see chess as a game and still be able to play it seriously on demand. Another axis could be the ability to create traps for the opponent in the game. We can create infinite axes and measure the intelligence of a certain person according to them.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Intelligence won't escape us any time soon, it is a topic to push many egomaniacs away and others to entice. When that is understood and deliberately subverted the time will come for the actual conversation.

There will be a bell curve to any specific intelligent feat, there will also be one for the generalities all those in-between. And to the parts of true dissension: those two will overlap dramatically. Then there is the unpolished measurement unit, called in short "IQ", this will be its own kind of overlap (far from perfect although dramatically similar). 

Now all this is valid to the degree intelligence is understood by those measuring it, and there is reason to believe that also here there will be a dramatic overlap between "actuality" (an amusing thing to have in quote, but so to signify its ideal properties) and the scientific practice.

If everyone used their brain properly whereby IQ gets challenged to the limits of its current validity i think there would be 'geniuses' in every fourth or fifth household. And to the topic: short term memory in linear and/or deductible thinking is like gasoline on ones fire for many modes of intelligence, this superpower you need not imagine nor verify any further, you know its qualities simply by writing your post in that by reading it after writing it you are directly aware of far more things about it than you would be simply by closing your eyes. (potentially also will you your brain in that consciousness make connections between the different areas of your already written words you would not be able to without it, although this divergence will get minimized the stronger your intuitive faculties are).

Actual intuition tho, a property of intelligence like no other comes in such potency that any one experiencing it should simultaneously see the absurd and extreme implications to its pinnacle of human distribution. If you read the best works i philosophy for example, you will start to understand thing you would not left to your own momentarily devices, and that i would argue is practical answer to your question. 

Then you have the process of association, which i would formalize as the glue to all intelligent and rational undertaking, and is especially relevant to both the construction and entanglement of logical absurdities. 

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?