rnd

Imagining that someone is smarter than I am - mind-fuck

45 posts in this topic

There're people who are smarter than me, but what a mind-fuck for me to imagine what's it's like to be in the shoes of a person  who's smarter than I currently am. I can't fathom it. How does such a person think? What is it that he'd notice about myself that I don't or am uncapable of seeing? The closer my brain can get is to imagine that such people think faster than I do.

Is it normal that I'm uncapable of doing it?

Edited by rnd

Can anyone play a musical instrument with no practice?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

19 minutes ago, integral said:

Can anyone play a musical instrument with no practice?

Can but might not sound nice or might not sound wanted.

@rnd Of course you can fathom it. On some days you're dumber than on other days and that's how it feels. Nothing special.

3 hours ago, rnd said:

Is it normal that I'm uncapable of doing it?

Yes, the brain is a instrument that needs to be practiced, "smarter people" have been practicing their entire lives. 

The issues is its easy to learn to ride a bike because we can observe someone doing it and copy them, but we cant observe the minds of others, if we could how to "ride the bike" or "use the brain" would become obvious.

Dramatic Acting: OHHHHHH THATS how im supposed to think. Its so obvious once you see it... 

So we are stuck figuring out how to ride this bike on our own. Most people still haven't figured out simple things like how to use the peddles or ride with out falling off. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

11 minutes ago, integral said:

Yes, the brain is a instrument that needs to be practiced, "smarter people" have been practicing their entire lives. 

The issues is its easy to learn to ride a bike because we can observe someone doing it and copy them, but we cant observe the minds of others, if we could how to "ride the bike" or "use the brain" would become obvious.

Dramatic Acting: OHHHHHH THATS how im supposed to think. Its so obvious once you see it... 

So we are stuck figuring out how to ride this bike on our own. Most people still haven't figured out simple things like how to use the peddles or ride with out falling off. 

What are you talking about? You're talking about mastering a certain skill and that's not it.

Wrong. 

Youve never seen a bike before. 

Edited by integral

3 hours ago, rnd said:

imagine that such people think faster than I do

They dont think faster, they think smarter. 

This is gong to be counter-intuitive for you, forget what you think you know. 

A skill that needs to be practiced ^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by integral

@rnd You just notice more errors, can see more patterns and if you're divergent on top of that, build more creative things. It's not that special, it really isn't that big of a deal. Imagine a computer, now imagine a better computer. Same principles, slightly better depending on the person you're comparing yourself. Intelligence is hype. You're more functional, so people see you either as more valuable in a survival sense or worse as more of a threat in a survival sense and everything in between.

4 hours ago, Origins said:

@rnd You just notice more errors, can see more patterns and if you're divergent on top of that, build more creative things. It's not that special, it really isn't that big of a deal. Imagine a computer, now imagine a better computer. Same principles, slightly better depending on the person you're comparing yourself. Intelligence is hype. You're more functional, so people see you either as more valuable in a survival sense or worse as more of a threat in a survival sense and everything in between.

I really needed to hear this today, it's like to cheese to my bread and I'm not eating it. 

I don't know why I said that, or why I typed that, but you have to maybe not see things that are not seen as they were seen when they weren't seen as something you see now. 

@rnd it really boils down to awareness. A smarter person is more aware. If you want to know what it's like, talk to a child. See how you understand what's going on much more than they do, you're smarter than them.

All stories and explanations are false.

I can’t remember ever meeting a stupid person who had any degree of clarity regarding the extent of their own stupidity. If it were to happen, I think chances are it would be someone who was childlike. I don’t know,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Your actual, natural state, outside of thought is complete open awareness. You are what Knows that it knows that it knows. xD Notice that you can't learn anything if you think you already know it and what you think of as your intelligence is what you think you already know or what you think your capacity for knowing is. But pure awareness is the only real capacity for learning. Your mind is only known by awareness itself, it is what is aware of thoughts about it and the world and the thoughts that arise in it about how all these things relate. 

53 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

@rnd it really boils down to awareness. A smarter person is more aware. If you want to know what it's like, talk to a child. See how you understand what's going on much more than they do, you're smarter than them.

You seem to understand the world and how it works better than a child, but what if that world was created by adults, based on assumptions that other adults taught you when you were a child... people who thought they knew better than you? That game is rigged. Just like with an IQ test that measures one, tiny, infinitesimal slice of the capability of the human mind. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Some people are genuinely straight out freak geniuses. I have met people who possess exceptional wit that I cannot even begin to fathom. Leo surely falls somewhere on the spectrum.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to approach this question because I am not one of them.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

18 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Unfortunately, I don't know how to approach this question because I am not one of them.

How could you even recognize intelligence if you weren't already it? ?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

How could you even recognize intelligence if you weren't already it? ?

There are signs/signals that I can receive, but not emit.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit emit is just time spelled backwards. ;) 

Already it

Just now, mandyjw said:

@Gesundheit emit is just time spelled backwards. ;) 

mandyjw is just wjydnam spelled backwards.

signal is just langis spelled backwards.

backwards is just sdrawkcab spelled backwards.

Nothing significant about any of them.

43 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You seem to understand the world and how it works better than a child, but what if that world was created by adults, based on assumptions that other adults taught you when you were a child... people who thought they knew better than you? That game is rigged. Just like with an IQ test that measures one, tiny, infinitesimal slice of the capability of the human mind. 

The circularity makes me feel queasy. Adults teaching children who become adults teaching children... I guess the idea of being smart must come from somewhere though right? Although, it's totally possible that my thought that I'm smarter than a child is actually bogus and I'm utterly deluded. Although, I was using the analogy, so that @rnd could get a handle on what it's like to think you're smarter than someone else, the sensation of it.

The potential for smartness is already there in the open awareness. The only thing that changes is that the open awareness gets to know itself, in ever more intricate ways and actually becomes smart in the process?

Maybe smartness is mostly just a cultural phenomenon and not real in any sense?

Dunno, all just ideas.

All stories and explanations are false.