Soul_Guy

Does watching horror movies lower your vibration?

23 posts in this topic

I've always wondered about this. I like watching horror movies from time to time but sometimes I decide against it because I'm afraid it's going to lower my vibration and thus negatively affect my life. But maybe I'm just being stupid lol.

What do you guys think?

Don't worry about it, if you enjoy watching horror movies, do it. Nothing's gonna happen with your vibration. Don't do it excessively though.

Just dont watch a bunch then take a psychedelic, what ever is in your subconscious tends to bubble up. and that sounds like a recipe for a bad trip. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

You don't have a vibration. I've noticed that the notion of an energetical or vibrational bubble that is mine has become a mainstream belief in society, especially among the youth. This claim has no reality, it is a part of the dream of being a seperate me. When you watch a horror movie there might be the vibration of fear and if there is, the directors did something right. The point of a scary movie is to scare you, the point of a comedy is to make you laugh, none of the above has more value than the other. The value is put upon it by the seperate me that takes responsibility and ownership of everything that is happening, micromanaging every single thought and emotion, making sure it fits the ideas it has of what will get it to that sweet spot called fulfillment, which is always in the future. It has to know if a scary movie will hinder or help it on it's endless journey to be good enough, it will do neither. It will be just what it is and it so perfectly is. 

On 3/11/2021 at 1:28 AM, Soul_Guy said:

I've always wondered about this. I like watching horror movies from time to time but sometimes I decide against it because I'm afraid it's going to lower my vibration and thus negatively affect my life. But maybe I'm just being stupid lol.

What do you guys think?

Source is within you. There is no secondary source outside of you which could cause you to lower your vibration. When you watch the scary movies, feel the alignment or discord with beliefs as you do. Feel out the thoughts from ‘it’s a movie, it’s for entertainment’...to...’this could cause my vibration to lower’. I think it will feel like relief, and tensing, respectively. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Soul_Guy yes, this will make you lower the energetic vibration. Any source that generate fear it influence you in a low way. But we dont have to be puritan people to see this movies, proove yourself.

I have seen some terror movies in this last years, but only to study the way the system is trying to get low vibrations to the people.

NAMASTE

It's according to how you view it.

Example:

You could be watching it like a movie director, or make up artist.

You could look at it as just a silly movie.

You can watch it in so many different kind of ways.

there is an existential reason horror movies are as popular as they are. they allow one to experience their fears and shadows without having to actualize it. nothing wrong with it per-say. I would let go about worrying about your vibration and honoring the part of you that views horror movies as long as it isn't interfering heavily with your life in a way that is dysfunctional. 

I once watched scary videos on Youtube for an entire day and man... The world looked so bleak afterwards... Plus I was really paranoid... It definitely changes something in you, I dont watch any scary stuff at all anymore. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I’ve found I’m a lot more sensitive to violence these days, it’s so unnecessary. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

Try reading a horror story, like Steven king for example.  Misery and the shining were my favourites of his, and a lot more detail in the books than the movies.  Plus you get to make your own image up rather than watching violence. 
If you have an interest in it then better to explore it, exhaust it and then you’ll eventually tire of it.  I was reading all of the ‘point horror’ books from about age 12 and used to watch scary movies all the time as a teen.  I would research all the scariest movies ever made and work my way through them. 
Don’t watch so many now since I’ve seen all of the good ones and the new ones aren’t even that scary these days, they are just repeats of the older ones. 

did it lower my vibration? I don’t know, but I was naturally attracted to the dark side lol I think if I was doing all of that now then yes, because it’s all just a distraction. 

Edited by intotheblack

@intotheblack I wonder if it changed your perception of reality in any way? I.e. made you neurotic and OCD in relatively safe situations, making your always expect some scary shit might happen all of a sudden? Or maybe it actually had an opposite effect that now you are not afraid of anything at all in real life and nothing can trip you up?

@Soul_Guy I´ve also always wonderd about horror movies. Why do people watch them? I hate horror movies. Terror feels bad. Besides they are mostly not especially deep or interesting. It´s not a reproach about lower vibration (no idea about it), just wonder. 

I've never really enjoyed horror movies.  I don't like seeing people scared or in pain or being scared, either.  I think it can lower your vibration.

Vaping DMT is enough horror for me lol

13 hours ago, Lyubov said:

there is an existential reason horror movies are as popular as they are. they allow one to experience their fears and shadows without having to actualize it. nothing wrong with it per-say. I would let go about worrying about your vibration and honoring the part of you that views horror movies as long as it isn't interfering heavily with your life in a way that is dysfunctional. 

Very interesting point, never had the desire to watch horror movies after starting shadow work and taking psychedelics.

I think meditating on the experience of fear that arises from horror movies and accepting it could be useful. 

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

58 minutes ago, TheAlchemist said:

Vaping DMT is enough horror for me lol

Very interesting point, never had the desire to watch horror movies after starting shadow work and taking psychedelics.

I think meditating on the experience of fear that arises from horror movies and accepting it could be useful. 

Same, it doesn't really resonate with me much now after doing as much consciousness work as I have. I occasionally watch true crime documentaries that resonate with a curiosity and fear I have of encountering/experiencing such deeply twisted states that some people unfortunately find themselves in actuality/reality but for the most part I have little interest anymore in these dimensions where as before I enjoyed all the classic horror movies. True crime can help with understanding and feeling compassion for how an individual can become so twisted if you contemplate on it. 

Edited by Lyubov

@Soul_Guy The fear of low consciousness, the war of lower vs higher self, I see this pathology in myself and others sometimes and don't like it. Trying to force or imitate saintliness. I've seen it in spirituality and philosophies and haven't really made sense of it. 

If (key word here) there's truth to the people who say horror movies lower your vibration it would probably be erroneous to say the horror movie is causing low consciousness. More like the low consciousness parts of you are getting excited and expressing themselves from the film. Insert generic spiritual talk about horror film activating karmic potentiality already in you, etc 

There are many writings in the bible and other spiritual texts about the wrath of God. The fear of God. The fear of being separate from God and low consciousness. I wonder if that's all delusion. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Hello from Russia If anything, I was only attracted to it because my mother would forbid me and my sister to watch things like that.  But we would watch the horror and sci-fi channel in secret anyway.  Also as a kid, I used to spent a lot of time with my friends who lived down the street, and their parents would allow them to rent scary movies, so I would go to their house to watch stuff.  I was still afraid and would hide behind a cushion for the most part.  It definitely didn’t make me more fearless in life or anything, I was a very quiet kid.  Another thing is that my older sister was also very dark and a full goth who loved Marilyn Manson.  So basically I was influenced a lot.  I don’t think watching scary movies disturbed me in any way though and I just grew out of it eventually.. actually, I could never watch scenes of violence and still to this day I have to look away from violent scenes.  If anything I learned what not to do if a serial killer comes knocking.. lol.