machinegun

I'm too content and can't motivate myself to do anything

11 posts in this topic

Two years ago my face broke out in extreme cystic acne that resulted in not a centimeter of my face to be without a pimple. This was caused by my severe anxiety but I also suffered from a multitude of issues. Since then, I've done a lot of inner-child work and healed issues stemming from my faulty parents and childhood (depression, low self-esteem, social anxiety). I wouldn't say I'm a 100% yet, but my main problem is I used to find all these thing wrong with myself, and I still do; but, I'm having trouble motivating myself improve when I have come to such a place of self-acceptance. I used to be motivate myself with anxiety or because I had to make up in some way for my inadequate self with good grades, looks etc. But now, I sit on the couch and do nothing.

So... I guess my question is how do normal people motivate themselves to be better?

People who aren't motivated by fear are motivated by love.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I mean why do you want be motivated, like for what. Do you have a plan, an interest or a vision?

@machinegun You are suffering the consequences of negative motivation. You are basically using negative motivation to motivate yourself which is unsaistanable. You need to be more authentically, positive and intrinsically motivated.

- How do normal people motivate themself?

Ans: They motivate themself negatively like you except maybe to a mild degree. The question should be how does the extra ordinary motivate themself. Extra ordinary people motivate themself through authencity, life purpose, positive and intrinsic reasons and psychology.

On 3/11/2021 at 0:09 AM, machinegun said:

So... I guess my question is how do normal people motivate themselves to be better?

You’re a normal person and nothing is wrong with you, in the sense, you don’t need to “be better”. How you are is already fine. You’re good to go. Focus on what you want. 

Motivation: How to not experience what I don’t want.      How’s it feel?: Terrible. 

Inspiration: What I do want.    How’s it feel?: Fucking awesome. 

Shift from thinking about yourself, to what you want to do, create, & experience. One thinking about how they need to improve themself, and one thinking about how they are perfect and better than everyone else, both share the same emotion and hurdle - boredom, and no traction on creating the life they are inspired to create, because they’re both thinking of themself instead.  

What you do, create and experience, won’t be you, it’ll be experience, which is happening either way. Make a dreamboard, fill it with what you like, that will be what’s happening. You can’t get it wrong. No matter what you experience, you derive preference, more clarity on what you do want, and on what you don’t want...and you again, focus on what you do want, and then you experience that. Make a dreamboard. Understand how you’re creating emotions by expressing & directly experiencing, emotions. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@machinegun That's so cool. Congratulations!

I also know how transformative inner child work can be?

My take? Nothing's wrong! Just give yourself some time to get off the anxiety drug, and sensitize yourself to the subtle voice of your intuition.

It's okay to be okay.

It's okay to want nothing to change.

Why wouldn't it be?

Chances are, if you don't get too lost in Netflix or weed habits, after awhile you will naturally feel inspiration.

We are humans after all ?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 11/03/2021 at 10:10 AM, Carl-Richard said:

People who aren't motivated by fear are motivated by love.

Thank you for a reminder! It's so good!

On 13/03/2021 at 6:53 AM, machinegun said:

@universe My goal is to be happy and content

Say you are happy and content. What do you want to do next? 

I suggest, you might want to create something. Start small. Draw a picture? :) (That's what I do now.)