Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ravlondon

Social Progressivism for South Asian Males

3 posts in this topic

There are social movements for all different types of identities, black women, black men, white women etc.

As a man of Indian decent I've been indecently stereotyped, discriminated and misjudged plenty of times in my life so far, should there be a movement for us?

13 minutes ago, ravlondon said:

As a man of Indian decent I've been indecently stereotyped, discriminated and misjudged plenty of times in my life so far, should there be a movement for us?

Depends if this is a systemic or a personal thing. 

There have been Asian actors speaking up for discrimination against Asians. Andrew Yang has spoken about it many times.  Harvard was sued for discriminating Asians.  JOE F'in Biden dropped the Yale lawsuit recently for discriminating against Asians.  Both Ivy League schools rejected applications from Asians despite their scores being much higher than Whites, Blacks, and Latinos.  

There need to be more influential people that are of Asian descent in order to make enough noise and its not appropriate to ask another race to fight someone else's battle.  They can stand beside but the outspoken leaders need to be those that represent the discrimination.  

Honestly, there is not much sympathy for Asian-related problems especially since Asians tend to be more educated and have higher median incomes compared to other races.  

Edited by Tanz