freejoy

Psychedelics vs "Natural" Enlightenment

100 posts in this topic

Oh I've have had a taste of that too and it's true. Extreme existential anguish and suffering did instill an altered state in me and made me start seriously questioning all of reality for the first time, and that's ultimately what put me on the path of seeking out psychedelics in the first place which majorly helped me put that experience of suffering within a context. I also don't recommend it. But hey, that's life for ya.

10 minutes ago, eggopm3 said:

Oh I've have had a taste of that too and it's true. Extreme existential anguish and suffering did instill an altered state in me and made me start seriously questioning all of reality for the first time, and that's ultimately what put me on the path of seeking out psychedelics in the first place which majorly helped me put that experience of suffering within a context. I also don't recommend it. But hey, that's life for ya.

Remember this - its not the psychedelic that will awaken you - its you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 do you think I can awaken permanently if I as awareness become constantly aware of the breathing?

I am considering a real solution lately, since even though psychedelics are great my ego always comes back. Looking for a "permanent" solution to live life free of ego ??

4 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I am considering a real solution lately, 

Well therein lies the problem.  You just have to realize that you don't exist.  It's a real bind.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Well therein lies the problem.  You just have to realize that you don't exist.  It's a real bind.

I think being aware of the breathing is a way "I" can get out of the way of God.

Recently I have become conscious I am corrupting God's life with my selfishness. Yeah I don't exist. 

With "God" of course I mean this current experience it's happening ?

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

I think being aware of the breathing is a way "I" can get out of the way of God.

Recently I have become conscious I am corrupting God's life with my selfishness. Yeah I don't exist. 

With "God" of course I mean this current experience it's happening ?

Yes it can work.  Meditation works.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Nope. It's not called the most powerful psychedelic without a reason.

A Guru would see what's up if given 5-meo.

I'm getting some 5 MeO DMT in a few days. So I'll have it if I deside to try it.

I've only smoked pot never done drugs. 

I'm going to start with 5 MeO because I don't know where to get mushrooms or LSD.  Plus, I think it would be better.

If I deside to try it how much should I take?

6 hours ago, knakoo said:

You did not have such powerful experiences and sensibility right from the start I suppose ? 

From the start.

But it also grew with tripping.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, eggopm3 said:

@eggopm3 sounds like my story. Existential crises are no fun. But I'd say worth it because it got me here.

15 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Remember this - its not the psychedelic that will awaken you - its you.

@Inliytened1 You unfortunately cannot actually awaken yourself. You will never get to a state of no-self as long as you are believing there exists a self you must awaken. Thats a huge trap. Awakening is right now. Right here. Its just not being recognized.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

From the start.

But it also grew with tripping.

Not to the same degree as you it seems, but for me psychedelics are such a wonder. I never considered that I may have a brain specifically wired for them. 

I did a trip today and right now I feel so much gratitude for you. I started psychedelics because of you. Love you man !

Brains wired for psychedelics! People too logical, which is OCD tendencies, strong and consistent self-talk developed early in childhood and just a general way of navigating life through comparisons, deductions and other such stuff form a good amount of landings and orbits in the mind that help them live. Psychedelics may be very effective here.

There is a kind of people that are driven by strong believes, faith and values inculcated in their happy homes, and these people may not be so utterly driven by the mind alone to be able to have psychedelic effect. When you flow with the heart, how can psychedelics be so prime?

I am sorry, I am skeptical of psychedelics.. I am looking for truth in everyday life, not enlightenment. If someone can show me the way directly or a nice plan I can follow to escalate and transcend.. cool. Using X-Factor drugs and then I'll see the truth is a bit dissuading.

Buddha gave a nice plan that you follow and transcend using everyday activities - albeit living as a bhikshu and not in society. These big people were walking GODs manifesting the universe with there bare nods and words. Time disappeared in their presence and so did any sequences to events, any memories, and pure being flowed. There are traditionally degrees to enlightenment with some well recognised checkpoints such as the checkpoint of nirvana, no more lives and deaths, and the checkpoint of abhaya, no more fear, and the checkpoint of being a god where the manifestation of events seems to originate from the person. Buddha, Mahavira, Nanak, Krishna, Jesus seem to be that. Very few reach this last checkpoint as humans. Most don't even reach the checkpoint where they can be a Guru and spread the magic. In this Kalayuga, there are supposed to be no gurus, or very few gurus, and no GODs.

That's my conception. Even if one is nirvana, it's hard to know without a guru. A nirvana can't necessarily teach others the way but a bunch of fellas like us can discuss amongst ourselves whatever we know of the path. And can we kindly stop with the word perfection and concept neutralising or whatever. Lets use the 'I' as far as we can take it, constant fighting the 'I' may work in the caves in Tibet but we are living in a busy civilisation. Don't forget, the 'I' was the first awakening when we were small. 

@kieranperez

Of course the ultimate awakening is just the waking and nothing else. I have had a glimpse but I can't call it fourth at will. Paul Burton is someone on the web that gets them frequently apparantly - paulbrunton.org. The glimpse is absolute, no doubt. The waking up shocks are completely different to the glimpses. The glimpses are calming and quenching and the waking up is like catching a gasp of air whilst drowning in thoughts.

I'm sorry for the judgement but Leo Gura seems to be developing the mind to the extremity. We all have to develop the mind before it can become nothing or whatever. He may even be able to almost reach to that 'picture' of the glimse - but almost I'd say. I'd had many times the picture almost develop but it doesn't reach the salient point that only I know it did initially. When the picture completes, you finish.

There are ways of the heart and many others to enlightenment too ya know - not all is zeroing the mind. And Leo Gura is on dangerous territory when he says we are stuck permanently unless we change the brain. Isn't everything brain? Everything behaves intelligently and just by looking, any system abstract or real can be turned into a brain. We are hitting a block when we start leeching the genetics and health and chemicals. Truth is in lack.

Edited by kwar

@kwar Mind controls and influences the brain which in order produces chemicals sent out into the body and that is exactly how the placebo effect is working, mind is not a seperate thing from Truth

Psychedelics changes the mind and brain and makes the mind more open and fluid.

Psychedelics is really profound and if you have not tried them i would recommend trying it.

Psychedelics is inclusive in nature and it is there they come from.

Also do meditation every day and loosen the thought attachment and just be i would say is a good way to start. 

Cheers brother good luck!

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Say the world is illusion. 5meo would also be apart of the illusion. It would be a illusionary 5meo.

My understanding of 5meo is that it was created by humankind i.e. man-made.

It seems reasonable to consider God is learning about its creation or about its quantum partical. Actually there is only one partical that can exist everywhere any anywhere in space/time.

So God "learns" how to increase its way into the world by inventing 5meo.

Maybe?

Edited by freejoy
Fix error

Took God a long time to understand chemistry!

: )

7 minutes ago, freejoy said:

Say the world is illusion. 5meo would also be apart of the illusion. It would be a illusionary 5meo.

My understanding of 5meo is that it was created by humankind i.e. man-made.

It seems reasonable to consider God is learning about its creation or about its quantum partical. Actually there is only one partical that can exist everywhere any anywhere in space/time.

So God "learns" how to increase its way into the world by inventing 5meo.

Maybe?

5-meo is not man made 

It is from a toad by name bufo alvarius

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Just now, Adamq8 said:

5-meo is not man made 

It is from a toad by name bufo alvarius

I thought DMT came from the frog. I thought the 5meo part was invented. Must have been wrong.

Oh well : )

Took God a long time to synthesize it!

2 minutes ago, freejoy said:

I thought DMT came from the frog. I thought the 5meo part was invented. Must have been wrong.

Oh well : )

Took God a long time to synthesize it!

Haha indeed ?? 

- Pseudo-dionysius 

On 3/10/2021 at 0:19 AM, Inliytened1 said:

Infinity is a singularity :)

Infinite singularity isn't a singularity because it always transcends itself forever.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Infinite singularity isn't a singularity because it always transcends itself forever.

Its the same thing. It is itself.  You are yourself.  Nowhere to go...that which you think was outside is inside.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.