StarStruck

What do you guys think about this vegan timelapse video?

59 posts in this topic

Just utterly shocking: these people just decay in 4 years a normal person would decay in 15-30 years.

What are they doing wrong?

In Tate we trust

"vegan" is just a term that describes what you don't eat. I can eat a diet of 100% oreos and that would technically be a "vegan" diet. 

But there are 2 things that you need to do in order to be healthy, food-wise, in my opinion:

1. Have your gut fixed - most people (like most animals/pets) have, or will have, some parasites or gut issues, that need to be fixed if you want to successfully eat a healthy diet, which is a whole-foods, plant-based diet.

2. Eat a whole-foods, plant-based diet. Humans are undoubtedly anatomically herbivores. But we should eat a variety of plants - nuts, seeds, legumes, vegetables, fruit, whole-grains, fungi, roots and tubers should make the bulk of our calories - at least 80%. The more the better.

The people in your video are either doing extreme reductionist diets, which are unhealthy, and the reason many people go vegan in the first place is because they have gut issues, and the vegan diet makes them feel worse, of course (remember, only a healthy gut can manage a plant-based diet!) so they try all sorts of stupid fad diets and get severe deficiencies on top of their gut issues! So you can see the vicious circle.

I hope this answers your question. Cheers!

raw fruitarians with severe eating disorder and mental disease caused by complete protein starvation and malnutrition. Sv3rige is an expert in giving these extreme cases of sick people to try to create an image that this is what a vegan looks like. This is not what healthy vegan does to you. Don't forget this guys has built a channel on being a critic of veganism. For the same reason, I would not watch someone as toxic as vegan gains or frank Tufano. You are unlikely to get anything but cherrypicking and personal bias. 

Veganism or Plant Based eating can be as healthy as you want it to be but can also be toxic and unhealthy for those who don't know what they are doing 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Bogdan said:

Humans are undoubtedly anatomically herbivores. But we should eat a variety of plants

I believe "anatomically herbivore" is a term of propaganda, specifically from PETA. Not only are we not herbivores, we evolved and thrived on cooked meat. Many animal products. A vegan diet may be fine, but it's easier to get wrong than just doing what we've always done.

@The0Self Nope, it's the opposite. Everything you just said is propaganda. But of course you won't be open to what i said and will try to debate me...

Oh, how tricky the mind is...

@Bogdan Likely wrong again on all counts.

If you think you have nutrition science down pat, you don't understand holism. At all.

@The0Self Sorry for being arrogant or mean :) i still believe that humans being herbivores is accurate. We are primates. And yes, other primates kill and eat each other. But they still eat mostly plants. Don't tell me that the small amount of meat that they eat is what's keeping them healthy and alive. And what we actually see in humans is that the more populations get their calories from plants, the longer they live and the healthier they are.

Show me the people living 100+ years eating mostly animal products. I don't see any. 

25 minutes ago, The0Self said:

we evolved and thrived on cooked meat.

this is actually really interesting and I'd absolutely love to get a perspective of an anthropologist on this to find out whether this is true or not.

Some time ago I did look into 3-4 studies specifically looking at remains of hominins and sort of an analysis of their diet. What they all agreed on was that it was not the cooking or meat per se but the adaptation to hunting from foraging, development of hunting strategies, crafting weapons, learning how to cook food better, how to track animals etc. Hunting a wild animal would take a lot of collaborative effort and its not like you would pull out a rifle 20,000 years ago and snap a deer. It would take an entire tribe easily a full day to track down and kill a wild animal. This was an extremely energy-demanding activity and there is  risk that if you fail, members of the tribe would starve to death -> the stress would adapt your brain even further. 

But in times of winter or scarcity, meat would naturally be more dominant simply because the ground was frozen and nothing was growing not because somehow the hominins realised "oh this is so good for me", it was all survival.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Bogdan You're absolutely right. Even obligate carnivores chew on green stuff -- a lot of it. My dog eats grass all the time even.

Of the longest lived cultures on earth (Okinawans, Swedes, Georgians, Himalayans, Ecuadorians, etc) ALL eat a starch-based diet. However, while centurions eat TONS tons of grains and starch, they also generally eat dairy (especially cultured dairy) and meat. Fair amount of vegetables too, of course! Inuits -- almost no starch; very low carb; mostly animal -- average age expectancy: 60's... low 60's. So yeah eating mostly meat is a bad idea. Of the top 10 longest lived cultures, every single one of them eat large quantities of foods that keto/paleo/vegan followers say harm your health. The main place where I strongly disagree with you is this fact that you can either deny or accept: while eating mostly animal products is associated with health problems, eating animal products AT ALL is completely unassociated with health problems. "Oh well... you can find a study that will say anything..." Well no... in this case you can't. If you know how to read data and are aware somewhat of common cognitive biases.

Edited by The0Self

8 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Of the top 10 longest lived cultures, every single one of them eat large quantities of foods that keto/paleo/vegan followers say harm your health.

They didn't eat LARGE quantities of animal products though. I believe it was less than 10-5% of total calories. 

And i believe dogs and wolves are actually omnivores, anatomically speaking.

Edited by Bogdan

1 minute ago, Bogdan said:

anatomically speaking

That isn't a real thing. One's amino acid requirements dictate whether they'd be more accurately categorized as a carnivore or not. Also, what they've eaten historically factors in. Cats and dogs need taurine -- they're both obligate carnivores. Though dogs are slightly omnivoric since they produce amylase, they cannot synthesize vitamin D nor taurine, therefore they're obligate carnivores.

@The0Self A bunch of factors determine that. Such as the PH of the stomach acid, the configuration & size of organs, the length of the small intestine, colon, size and shape of teeth, type of eyes, etc. That's just from the top of my head, i'm no biology expert, butI think you need to do a lot more research. 

I think i need a lot more research too, it's just that i see in you, from the way you speak, someone slightly biased towards the carnivore folk, as i am towards the vegans, ofc, but I won't ever identify as a vegan or a musician or whatever, i see too much of God to do that lol. i encourage you to see past the obnoxiousness of vegans and research the hell out of what they know.  I'm sure that they skew some things in their favor, like everybody does. But they are butthurt for some damn good reasons. Of course most of them are hippies and they need to integrate Green and whatever, but that's another topic.

I recommend you the channels of Hench Herbivore, Gojiman, Mic The Vegan and Nutritionfacts.org for the science part

and Simnett Nutrition, Pick Up Limes, Healthy Crazy Cool, as well as the ones above for how to actually eat as a vegan (once you have solved your gut issues)

2 hours ago, datamonster said:

Raw vegan or fruitarian diets mixed with mental illness

I'm seeing this mental illness in a lot of vegans.

In Tate we trust

3 hours ago, Bogdan said:

@The0Self Sorry for being arrogant or mean :) i still believe that humans being herbivores is accurate. We are primates. And yes, other primates kill and eat each other. But they still eat mostly plants. Don't tell me that the small amount of meat that they eat is what's keeping them healthy and alive. And what we actually see in humans is that the more populations get their calories from plants, the longer they live and the healthier they are.

Show me the people living 100+ years eating mostly animal products. I don't see any. 

Monkeys stayed monkeys because they didn't eat meat.

If humans hadn't switched to meat inclusive diet we would have stayed just like them. A specie with a small brain.

Our brain consumes a lot of energy. In which food there is a lot of energy? Ta-da!

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

4 hours ago, The0Self said:

Not only are we not herbivores, we evolved and thrived on cooked meat. Many animal products.

Do you know why? Its because of the NUTRIENTS that we could easily get ahold of during winter by hunting and eating meat while crops and whatnot weren't growing. No doubt it was a very important time in human evolution but I dont think anyone is talking about back then. It is now 2021and we can get ahold of any nutrient without animal products with a quick trip to the grocery. We can eat bananas in winter now! It's amazing really. 

4 hours ago, The0Self said:

A vegan diet may be fine, but it's easier to get wrong than just doing what we've always done.

Such a sad mindstate?

You can help stop countless amounts of suffering and potentially irreversible destruction to the enviornment. 

But it's EASIER to do what your used to. Think a bit deeper about it.

@Bogdan We'll just have to agree to disagree on that... I have no gut issues or health problems. I love wisdom. If you're healthy, you don't have to think too hard about diet, but to get there... that can take a lot of work and luck. I've been through way, way harder a journey than you'd assume. I'm not the one with health issues. I DO NOT side with carnivores, man -- like I said, even obligate carnivores chew on green stuff. Humans trying to actually be carnivores is dumb, just as it would be dumb (misguided) to try to be an herbivore.

@Adodd You misunderstood. I'm not advocating more animal products. Just saying cutting them out entirely is irresponsible and actually arrogant, ironically. Not to mention dogmatic. This is not the place for it.

Edited by The0Self

10:50, how did she go everyday for 5-6 months with a headache and not realize it was the detox? Or how did she not realize she had to stop immediately?  The misinformation is brutal. Everyone if forced to learn the hard way. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

the person who made this video clearly have a bias against vegan.

vegan community can be toxic, it's mostly about not killing animals no about health, so yeah :S

i think this thread is a reminder not to give into non-sense conversation :D

i haven't been eating meat for 10 years, i climb 7a and run marathons (the past 2 years i removed eggs and dairy).

@Soulbass If your able to digest eggs and dairy, it will have no impact on your health, quality of life or longevity. So why do it?  

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?