longusername12345

Can you do success work and enlightenment work at the same time??

15 posts in this topic

Can you do success work (visualizations, affirmations, time management, emotional mastery, etc) at the same time as enlightenment work?

If not, which one is best done first?

And if so, how does one keep balance?

Yes. I've done both for years.

Of course it's not as effective as picking one. They do interfere with each other.

Then again, you could establish strong spiritual practice habits while you go about building your success. You could implement something like a Kryia yoga routine which only requires 1-2 hrs per day and takes years to solidify, while you focus on your work. That is a wise strategy since newbies cannot handle too much spiritual practice too quickly.

But if you really want enlightenment there will come a time when you will want to take time off work and focus on it exclusively until a breakthrough happens.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

FUCK. YES. So basically what you're saying is kriya yoga + work on success=yes do that?

And is is possible to do something like kriya yoga consistently everyday while doing affirmations and visualizations everyday?

Also there is a WHOLE LOT that can be done in this self actualization work. Concentration practice, developing humor techniques, vanilla meditation, visualizations, yoga, self inquiry, lots and lots of different meditation techniques, contemplation, the list goes on and on and on and on.

So where the fuck to start?

I'm drowning in all of this and I don't know what to focus on right now. Or how to balance multiple focuses at once. 

Edited by longusername12345

50 minutes ago, longusername12345 said:

FUCK. YES. So basically what you're saying is kriya yoga + work on success=yes do that?

That's one option. There are many different spiritual practices you could do instead. I think Kriya yoga is one of the best. Mindfulness mediation with labeling is also very powerful if done rigorously. See my video: Mindfulness Meditation, also see my video The Important of Real Yoga.

And is is possible to do something like kriya yoga consistently everyday while doing affirmations and visualizations everyday?

Yes

Also there is a WHOLE LOT that can be done in this self actualization work. Concentration practice, developing humor techniques, vanilla meditation, visualizations, yoga, self inquiry, lots and lots of different meditation techniques, contemplation, the list goes on and on and on and on.

So where the fuck to start?

Yes, this is challenge if you're new. You need to spend a good deal of time researching your options and then sit down and draw up a plan of what you'll be focusing on. Go with what feels most right for you. There is no one size fits all plan. You are unique and need a unique plan designed by you.

Don't feel guilty or bad if you spend a year or more just watching videos and reading books to get your bearings. You need an big picture idea of what all the methods are and what is worth doing and what is not. Education is not a waste of time it is a crucial first step. You want a decent view of the whole territory so that you don't get stuck in some dead end or trivial pursuit.

I can definitely conform everything Leo said there. I went (and am still going) through that phase.

First it will be hard but it will get easier when you start understanding the process. Understanding human development and ego backlash is a powerful tool. Leo has videos on both of those and many others that will help you with the process.

You of course need to be smart about it. Try to come up with even a slight vision for how your life is going to morph in the next 10 years to make you be able to slowly move into the spiritual way of life -- if that's what you want.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, this is challenge if you're new. You need to spend a good deal of time researching your options and then sit down and draw up a plan of what you'll be focusing on. Go with what feels most right for you. There is no one size fits all plan. You are unique and need a unique plan designed by you.

Don't feel guilty or bad if you spend a year or more just watching videos and reading books to get your bearings. You need an big picture idea of what all the methods are and what is worth doing and what is not. Education is not a waste of time it is a crucial first step. You want a decent view of the whole territory so that you don't get stuck in some dead end or trivial pursuit.

While focusing on research, is it best to abandon all other practices until the year of research is done or can I for example combine daily practice of mindfulness meditation, affirmations, and visualizations with my study? 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's one option. There are many different spiritual practices you could do instead. I think Kriya yoga is one of the best. Mindfulness mediation with labeling is also very powerful if done rigorously.

I've done mindfulness meditation as a thirty day challenge (tho I will admit I didn't do it a couple days). What do you mean by rigorously? What would a rigorous mindfulness meditation practice look like? 

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Then again, you could establish strong spiritual practice habits while you go about building your success. You could implement something like a Kryia yoga routine which only requires 1-2 hrs per day and takes years to solidify, while you focus on your work.

Can Kriya Yoga replace meditation practice? If I were to choose one to do daily, which one should I prioritize? Kriya Yoga or meditation? 

My intuition is saying take a week detox from all success shit, no affirmations, no visualizations, none of that. Just pure spirituality research. But I'm afraid I'll lose alot of my progress. Is this fear valid? What's the best course of action?

@longusername12345

Observe - thinking about it will only bring predictions, not solutions. 

Remember that direct experience trumps thinking.

You can only know how that week detox will affect you by going and doing it. No one can tell you how it will turn out but you. 

Maybe it will help you. 

Maybe it will make you lose progress - in which case you would have learned something new, and have a new vantage point to reevaluate your course of action. 

You will learn something either way by experience, not thinking. Treat your life like a science experiment, over time you will further hone in on your wants and desires. 

Follow what feels good. I wish you the best of luck ?

18 hours ago, longusername12345 said:

While focusing on research, is it best to abandon all other practices until the year of research is done or can I for example combine daily practice of mindfulness meditation, affirmations, and visualizations with my study? 

No, you definitely want to be doing some practices during research. Start and build up the most essential practices and keep doing research and developing a plan for future practices you want to implement.

I've done mindfulness meditation as a thirty day challenge (tho I will admit I didn't do it a couple days). What do you mean by rigorously? What would a rigorous mindfulness meditation practice look like? 

By rigorous I don't mean length of time or how many days in a row you do it. I mean, when you are doing it, do it strictly so that your mind is not lost in daydreaming.

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Start and build up the most essential practices and keep doing research and developing a plan for future practices you want to implement.

Define 'essential practices'? What are the essential practices?

On 3/8/2021 at 11:06 PM, longusername12345 said:

Can you do success work (visualizations, affirmations, time management, emotional mastery, etc) at the same time as enlightenment work?

If not, which one is best done first?

And if so, how does one keep balance?

They are already one & the same... with a thought that they are not... rather than believing thoughts, directly experience that there is no difference...

Make a dreamboard. Fill it with everything you love and focus on it. Feels amazing. 

Understand emotional guidance.  Listen to it, and use the scale to raise your vibration. Feels amazing. 

Expression is key, as all experienced is actually coming from you. Feels amazing. 

You feel so damn amazing everyday, the frequency is such a match between that which is seeking & that which is sought, that insights pour in. Feels amazing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

They are already one & the same... with a thought that they are not... rather than believing thoughts, directly experience that there is no difference...

Make a dreamboard. Fill it with everything you love and focus on it. Feels amazing. 

Understand emotional guidance.  Listen to it, and use the scale to raise your vibration. Feels amazing. 

Expression is key, as all experienced is actually coming from you. Feels amazing. 

You feel so damn amazing everyday, the frequency is such a match between that which is seeking & that which is sought, that insights pour in. Feels amazing. 

This is amazing. 

I read your dream board thread thingy and intially felt a light, felt more tapped into this infinite source of light or being or whatever then I felt kinda dread and discouragement of how unaligned i am. How out of sync I feel. And how that out of syncness feels infinite. But its a subtle feeling, nothing big and profound which makes it all the more depressing haha. I felt drawn to your website and filled in a form for a skype chat, hoping that'll help with this empty sad feeling.

I love your posts though, they're beautiful.

Anyhow, I am confused how exactly one makes this dreamboard? What do I write on this dreamboard? Whatever I feel the most bliss towards? Whatever I desire the most?

I found an old dry erase board and some markers, but I'm kinda lacking direction. What do I write?

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

What do you mean?

@longusername12345

Thanks, and I just replied.  On the dreamboard, check out the thread, there are a lot of q n a’s there. In short, start putting anything and everything you like, love, want to experience etc. Anything that feels good to you.  It’s experiential, so thinking ahead is not required. :) Much comes into focus from using the board. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE