Scholar

Interesting Conversation between Connor Murphy and a Philosopher

8 posts in this topic

The closest thing we will get to a conversation between Leo and the rationalists he always criticizes. :D

Glory to Israel

I admire him. Such a radical change he made..unbelievable. If he is faking it he deserves an Oscar.

Connor is speaking from the level of awareness whereas Alex is speaking from the level of pure thought and concept that was spoon-fed to him by myopic western philosophy that assumes the duality of self and other.  

Alex doesn’t have a clue what he’s missing because he’s never actually connected experientially with the fact that he doesn’t exist as an entity. He still believes he is a self and that that self is somehow separate from everything else.

There is no way to talk anyone out of that illusion.  It will only be understood when experienced directly.

Now on the concept of God, Alex here is trying to say that you can’t say that God both does and does not exist because you are not actually saying anything if you try to make that claim.  But the problem here is that once again, he is assuming that if there was a God that that would mean that that god is somehow separate from himself and that there is something that is NOT God.  God escapes the need to be logically consistent in the way he demands it should because there is nothing that is not God. God encompasses all, including non-existence.  This of course cannot be understood by the mind or through concept, but the only thing Alex knows how to do is think and conceptualize, so he cannot see this.  This is of course like I said previously because he assumes the existence of the self and that all of his concepts surrounding the idea of himself are real “things” that have real identity.  He is, like most academics and western philosophers, a sleep walker. He is lost in the conceptual dualistic dream.

16 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

He is, like most academics and western philosophers, a sleep walker. He is lost in the conceptual dualistic dream.

I believe there is hope for him though. I can see him moving in this direction in the future. He has a certain type of openmindedness that reminds me of Leo. After all, Leo was also studying philosophy at his age :P

But until then:

brain prison.png

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

19 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

He is lost in the conceptual dualistic dream.

Who is?  Is 'Alex' separate from 'you'? 

To say 'he is lost in the conceptual dualistic dream' is to be lost in the conceptual dualistic dream. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

8 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

To say 'he is lost in the conceptual dualistic dream' is to be lost in the conceptual dualistic dream. 

Bro why xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

Thanks bro I needed that?