Someone here

Dealing with anxiety.

22 posts in this topic

I'm dealing with difficulties recently. Anxiety and stress and mild depression. This is a journal for tracking my experience and my battle against it. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Symptoms.. 

Heavy breathing. 

Fast heart beat. 

Body shaking.

Verge of panic attack. 

Depression. 

Restless. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

If anyone have tips or effective medications. Please feel free to post me. 

-Osho

Deep breathing and good sleep 

I also suffer from anxiety, depression and PTSD. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India thanks.. That's right 

. Deep breathing seems to calm the body.  Do you take any medications? I'm starting to take (clonazepam) and (Abliify). The therapist prescribed me these two. Try them. Maybe they can help you. 

-Osho

@Someone here I've tried all medications including those you listed 

My body is extremely reactive. So when I took those meds, I suffered side effects like seizure and delirium and vertigo. 

So i avoid meds and focus on therapy. 

Also I was born severely underweight with brain disorders, and born premature by 1 month that makes my body and brain hypersensitive to any drugs, chemicals and certain foods. 

My heart was congenitally weak and so I've to be careful with whatever I put into my body. 

Any amount of stress impacts my heart and so being with such weaknesses easily makes me suicidal. 

Indian doctors are notoriously bad at handling mental issues and brain disorders. They make the conditions worse sometimes 

So I will be taking the medications.. 

Abliify. 

Clonazepam. 

Zyprexa. 

-Osho

@Preety_India I feel you.  I wasn't taking mental illness seriously untill I started to suffer from some anxiety. It's truly awful and can make one hopeless. But I know you can make it to the other side if you put on the effort to get better as I'm trying to do so. 

I wish you to live a long happy life with peace in your heart! 

-Osho

@Someone here family is also a key factor. 

Family should be supportive. 

My family thinks that I'm doing drama when I'm actually suffering real symptoms like panic attacks. 

So it's not a supportive family. That time the battle becomes tougher. 

@Preety_India absolutely. Your family should take extra care of you while battling suicidal thoughts. This is serious. But also if they don't.. Don't let that let you down. Fight for your own sake. Not for anyone else. 

-Osho

I picked up the smoking habit once again. And I'm binging on it. That is playing essential role in the anxiety. It's absolutely destroying me and it's time to stop for real and save myself. 

I will start counting days. 30 days of no smoking starting from today 

Day 1

-Osho

No smoking and taking the medications.. Resting and avoiding stress..extra sleep. That's the recovery program. 

-Osho

Day 1 no smoking. 

-Osho

Started taking the medications. It causes me to pass out immediately. So I must take them before bed. They work in reducing anxiety and tension in the body. Not gonna fix the root causes. Which I think smoking plays a huge role. It's necessary to stop smoking combined with taking the medication hopefully will come out of this phase Asap. 

-Osho

On anti-depressants for 2.4 years now, if I had he chance I wouldn't take those toxins ever again. I was prescribed Desvenlafaxine, Pramipexole Diydrochloride, Mirtazapine, Modafinil,etc. none really helped, they just got me feeling numbed and like a zombie. 

The cause could have been childhood issues, Engineering stress, Weed, my personality type,etc. 

What really helping me now is Yoga, Gym (both Cardio and Weights).

I too started smoking and it's been a year now. Post a cigarette I feel low on energy and want to lie down. Avoid alcohol, it's a really shity the next day.

Talk to me about how you're feeling.

@Dhruv I smoked again. So reseting the counter. 

I have sudden fear of death. As if I'm overwhelmed by the fact that I will die one day and there is no escape.  Don't know how to deal with it but it's causing me too much stress and painc. 

It turns out that death is my ultimate fear. 

I'm not taking any anti depressants. 

. These are anti-anxiety pills..like Abilify.. It was prescribed to me to ease my anxiety. 

I feel anxiety. Overwhelming sometimes panic attacks. And body shaking...... 

Have you dealt with this problem before? 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

How to find unconditional peace and acceptance of all circumstances? Is that even possible? I really really want this peace that passeth all understanding.. But I can't find it..... 

-Osho

Hey i'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling great. I don't want to give harmful advice but if i were you i wouldn't put these things in my body or at least try to get off of them fast. Face the emotions head on. If you are able to change your environment it is possible that everything will go away. I'm talking from experience and not out of my ass. I changed country and my heavy mental issues disappeared eventually. Also when i was facing extreme anxiety and i really mean extreme, 30' minutes of mindfullness meditation with labeling everyday is what kept me sane and able to deal with everything. 

My home environment was unbearable when i was a teen for years. At some point i was at my limit. I read the power of now and after that a new earth from Eckhart Tolle. Almost everyone underestimates how powerful the new earth is. If you really had enough, reading this book and applying it will lead exactly to the place you want to be... To unconditional peace and acceptance of all circumstances. It can only happen now and not in 10 years or whatever. Give them a read even if you don't like him or hate his books or have your own beliefs that contradict what he says or judge him in some way. Be open minded about this. 

I hope this is helpful in some way. I only shared what helped me when my life was shit. I hope you can see that i tried to be honest and share what the solution is from my pov. If the style of my answer is perceived as weird sorry about that. It's because i have my own issues to deal with and has nothing to do with you. 

@BlackMaze thanks so much for the tips. Highly appreciated. :)

What chapters do you recommend to read from 'the power of now' that are most powerful and effective in dealing with mental problems? 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

Just skip the power of now... Maybe it won't be as helpful. But really read the new earth from start to finish. The chapter about the pain body will be the most helpful. At least in my case this book helped me alot. Look i don't claim to understand mental illness but i had my fair share of bad situations in my life. I really believe that this book can help everyone. Also try to workout, eat good and sleep good. I know that it might seem that you can't just snap out of it but this is also possible even if what i just wrote sounds ignorant and stupid. If your environment sucks consider going to a new one if possible. That could mean moving to a new house or city or country, or making new friends etc. "This too shall pass", you can be free of this soon, or rather right now. 

Another thing that could help is to practice gratitude but all day long science of getting rich style. Just appreciate everything you can at every moment. This works surprisingly well to keep negativity in check and make you feel happy. This is not new age bs this could be a powerful practice that completely transforms your thoughts and emotions. What i found works best is to practice all the time. I don't do it but i did it in the past, i only do it when i'm really serious about something. You don't keep a gratitude journal and you write for 10' the things you are grateful. This won't do anything. You are grateful each moment the whole day. You don't feel the inner body for 15' everyday.. You do it always now, you are aware now you are either present or you are not, there is always this choice in each moment and once you really see that there is only this moment all the problems are not problems anymore. That sounds cliché maybe but also a very powerful thing to realize and a solution to all problems. By that i mean the solution to suffering from the problem our mind creates. You still need to take actions to change things. There is inner body awareness , self inquiry, breathing, focusing on your senses etc. You just choose every moment how to be present. I hope this helps a bit. Now i'm going to follow my own advice :)

Wish you the best