jimwell

Japanese Foolishness and Guerilla Business

12 posts in this topic

Click on 'CC' to enable English subtitles

In a sick and perverted society, Sanity is seen as Foolishness and Foolishness is seen as Sanity. An average Japanese lives to work. And that is seen as sane and admirable. ? Fools!

But in the end, what exists is the truth, no matter how foolish, ugly and disgusting, in a sense. What should exist or how things should be is fantasy, no matter how sensible, beautiful, and admirable. And the truth must be honored or dealt with, not fantasy. 

I hate to say it, but being a wage slave is still better than being a NEET (hikikomori). The other alternatives are what Leo calls Guerilla business and death. Death should be that last option. The Guerilla business strategy is worth a try. But I must say, there is a small chance for it to work. Yes, creativity is the core and what drives financial success. But it needs other forces for it to work such as financial, human (network or connections), legal, equipment, and other physical resources. I have been a guerilla inventor and a designer for a few years. And I have used such skill and succeeded to a significant degree only in start-up companies I used to work for, which means, I was still a wage slave when I used that strategy. It was that way because my creativity which created and sustained the foundational systems which enabled the start-up companies' daily business operations was supported by the companies' various resources. I simply could not manifest my own ideas just on my own.

For example, I have been dissatisfied with the functionality of trackpads. As Leo said in his Guerilla business video, it is very inconvenient and inefficient. So, I have a mental prototype of a good trackpad. It includes all the details, from how to move the mouse pointer, to how to make a left and right click, to how to navigate windows and web pages. Another example is, I have been dissatisfied with the laptop's design. It doesn't allow users to maintain good posture, especially neck posture. You need to bend your spine and neck, especially after prolonged use. And it sucks when you use your laptop for online video calls or meetings. The laptop together with its web camera is too low on the table. It's a bad angle. It highlights your mouth and nose during video calls. So, I designed a mental prototype of a good laptop. It is made of 3 foldable screens (instead of 2), one for the keyboard, one for the main screen, and one for the middle screen, used for increasing the height in normal mode, which can also be used as a second screen for specific apps, and used as a main screen extender (for increasing the width of the main screen in landscape mode, good for watching videos or playing games with external controllers). But this sensible design will continue to exist only in my mind. I need to have enough financial resources, human networks or connections, and direct access to the equipment used to manufacture laptops to manifest it. Only then I can have the possibility to patent it. It is basically impossible for me and for almost all humans to have all these resources. 

I bet Elon Musk wouldn't have founded Tesla and Space X if he was born in Myanmar. He would have been a "nobody" there or a NEET. To create a financially successful Elon Musk, there needs to be an environment which possesses all the required resources to support his creativity. I bet Leo wouldn't have started Actualized.org if he was born in Indonesia. If for some reason, he would be able to, it wouldn't have been as big as it is now. You would have produced Leo with a broken English. ? Even if he somehow would be able to acquire good grammar, nobody wants to listen to a youtuber with a thick Indonesian accent.  

Edited by jimwell
Click on 'CC' to enable English subtitles

I hadn't heard that term NEET before. It sounds like the fears/opinions of older generations, which might be dominant in the media, weigh heavily on the minds of youth. Without the approval or financial support of family, it's probably difficult to set aside the resources to innovate or build one's own business. I would have liked to see in this video some NEETs who have become very successful, hear how they did it and their advice for others looking to escape wage slavery.

At least for me personally, an accent is no problem. It's a beneficial mental exercise, develops the skill, ears get used to it, and it opens doors for accessing new content and perspectives. An investment in good, large captions/subtitles can also help non-native speakers of English attract more viewers, I think.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:34 AM, jimwell said:

I hate to say it, but being a wage slave is still better than being a NEET (hikikomori). The other alternatives are what Leo calls Guerilla business and death.

There are more options than that.

There is also mainstream business/corporate world. There is also being a highly skilled professional that works for a salary but you are not a slave because you have lots of leverage thanks to your rare skills. There is also freelancing. There is also monkhood. And more!

It is basically impossible for me and for almost all humans to have all these resources. 

All humans don't need those resources. Develop and procure the exact resources you need. Stop thinking globally here and think about how to find your unique way. Becoming successful is not a public policy discussion. Don't confuse it with that.

I bet Elon Musk wouldn't have founded Tesla and Space X if he was born in Myanmar. I bet Leo wouldn't have started Actualized.org if he was born in Indonesia.

Obviously, but don't use these as an excuse for your own lack of success. Do the best you can with what you have available and develop the right resources. You'll be surprised how far you can go if you really want to. You are not being creative/flexible enough. You must find the right niche for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Dude, Elon Musk was born in some random african country

Elon Musk is a genius and I'll never take that away from him. However Elon couldn't be who is today without his upbringing. He was literally born in a position of privilege and was a benefactor of an exploitative colonial system. That isn't demonizing Musk or his family. However, we are all products of our environment and born with certain leverage.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:34 PM, jimwell said:

I bet Elon Musk wouldn't have founded Tesla and Space X if he was born in Myanmar. He would have been a "nobody" there or a NEET. To create a financially successful Elon Musk, there needs to be an environment which possesses all the required resources to support his creativity. I bet Leo wouldn't have started Actualized.org if he was born in Indonesia. If for some reason, he would be able to, it wouldn't have been as big as it is now. You would have produced Leo with a broken English. ? Even if he somehow would be able to acquire good grammar, nobody wants to listen to a youtuber with a thick Indonesian accent.  

Don't fall into a victim mindset. You are in control of your own destiny. 

You don't have insights into what happens in the background in the life of Elon Musk. You have no idea how many times he had failed, the pressure he is under, the problem he faces on daily basis. We only see the outside, but never the inside of what it takes to be successful. 

The world is filled with opportunities. You just have to be brave enough to seize those opportunities. I will give you an example.

There is this guy I found on youtube that who plays game for a living. https://www.youtube.com/c/GeoWizard/about 

His job is to play a game called https://www.geoguessr.com/ where you are dropped into a random street in the world, and you have to guess the location. He is really good at this. This guy has more youtube views than Leo. He found his niche and is able to make a living from it.

You don't have to do what he does. Just think about everything that had to be invented so that he can play his game. Someone had to invent cameras, google maps, the internet, websites, streaming. You can invent a better camera, better google maps, etc. Just find your passion and have the courage to go for it.

Elon Musk is a bad example he is a genius no doubt but his parents were wealthy Dimond miners, his father owned a an emerald mine that helped Elon start off his endevors so that wasn't a good example, but if you live in a 1st world country the least you could do is make an attempt on living life on your terms.

4 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

There is this guy I found on youtube that who plays game for a living. https://www.youtube.com/c/GeoWizard/about 

His job is to play a game called https://www.geoguessr.com/ where you are dropped into a random street in the world, and you have to guess the location. He is really good at this. This guy has more youtube views than Leo. He found his niche and is able to make a living from it.

I've been watching this channel for a while and even more so than the geoguessr videos, this guy's "Straight Line Missions" are a total blast to watch. He crosses an entire country/region by travelling in as straight a line as possible, traversing all the obstacles he finds in his path. Great adventures with such a uniquely fun premise. Such a creative life purpose.

On 3/8/2021 at 11:04 PM, eggopm3 said:

He crosses an entire country/region by travelling in as straight a line as possible, traversing all the obstacles he finds in his path. Great adventures with such a uniquely fun premise. Such a creative life purpose.

The map is not the territory. 

He needs to walk the territory to get to know the map better.

There is so much metaphysics in what he is trying to do. 

This goes to show you that if you find your passion, and if you are creative enough you can always find creative ways to monetize what you do. 

On 3/8/2021 at 5:53 PM, artcastle said:

I hadn't heard that term NEET before. It sounds like the fears/opinions of older generations, which might be dominant in the media, weigh heavily on the minds of youth. Without the approval or financial support of family, it's probably difficult to set aside the resources to innovate or build one's own business. I would have liked to see in this video some NEETs who have become very successful, hear how they did it and their advice for others looking to escape wage slavery.

NEET is British English, the abbreviation for ‘not in education, employment or training’. So, you are from the US? Contrary to popular belief, Japan is actually a very STage Blue country. This collectivist, hierarchical, don't-stand-out mindset is Japan's most important value. And this value penetrates everything Japanese, including Japanese business or financial success. The only Orange aspect of Japan is its hard-core "earn and save" money mindset. So, a NEET in Japan basically has no chance of becoming very successful. They are literally seen as garbage. Stage Blue can be very cruel.

On 3/8/2021 at 5:53 PM, artcastle said:

At least for me personally, an accent is no problem. It's a beneficial mental exercise, develops the skill, ears get used to it, and it opens doors for accessing new content and perspectives. An investment in good, large captions/subtitles can also help non-native speakers of English attract more viewers, I think.

Don't you have trouble understanding British accent? Is it easy for you to understand non-native speakers of English? For me, as a non-native speaker of English, I can understand all or almost all accents.

Here is an informative and entertaining video for you. He was born in Japan, moved to the USA in grade school, then, came back to Japan for high school. That video clearly demonstrates Stage Blue's cruelty. 

Edited by jimwell
added a video

On 3/8/2021 at 6:07 PM, Leo Gura said:

There are more options than that.

There is also mainstream business/corporate world. There is also being a highly skilled professional that works for a salary but you are not a slave because you have lots of leverage thanks to your rare skills. There is also freelancing. There is also monkhood. And more!

There is more featured at 7:21 of the NEET video. But "escape from wage slavery" for me is to be financially self-sufficient, there is no more pressure to generate income or profit to survive. You put the hard work upfront for many months or a few years, but after that you generate so much profit or money and there is nothing or little to do to maintain financial self-sufficiency and survival is guaranteed for many years. That is the real "freedom from wage slavery". Everything else is wage/income/followers/views/profit/etc. slavery.

On 3/8/2021 at 6:07 PM, Leo Gura said:

All humans don't need those resources. Develop and procure the exact resources you need. Stop thinking globally here and think about how to find your unique way. Becoming successful is not a public policy discussion. Don't confuse it with that.

Obviously, but don't use these as an excuse for your own lack of success. Do the best you can with what you have available and develop the right resources. You'll be surprised how far you can go if you really want to. You are not being creative/flexible enough. You must find the right niche for you.

On 3/9/2021 at 1:18 AM, JosephKnecht said:

Don't fall into a victim mindset. You are in control of your own destiny. 

You don't have insights into what happens in the background in the life of Elon Musk. You have no idea how many times he had failed, the pressure he is under, the problem he faces on daily basis. We only see the outside, but never the inside of what it takes to be successful. 

The world is filled with opportunities. You just have to be brave enough to seize those opportunities. I will give you an example.

You don't have to do what he does. Just think about everything that had to be invented so that he can play his game. Someone had to invent cameras, google maps, the internet, websites, streaming. You can invent a better camera, better google maps, etc. Just find your passion and have the courage to go for it.

I have a victim mindset because I really am a victim of my environment or situation (at least in this domain, in other domains, I am a winner). That needs to be clarified. But I am also a self-responsible or self-reliant human. I adjusted to the available resources I have. I abandoned the trackpad and laptop ideas and completed a project which only requires a windows 10 PC and internet. I coded and sold software online all by myself. It took me many months to complete it. But it failed (in terms of profit). BUt I never regret it because I learned much from that experience. Now I know how it feels to simultaneously be a CEO, software engineer, product designer, technical support, sales manager/representative, etc. It felt good. Leo must have been feeling it for many years. Good on him. The failed project also serves as a foundation for my second project, which I will implement later this year.

Escaping from wage slavery is difficult as fuck. The economic system and the other systems supporting it are designed to keep you trapped in wage slavery. But escaping it is the only way to go to have energy and time to do the most important and most beautiful things in life though it doesn't matter in the end because of death. 

Edited by jimwell

On 3/12/2021 at 5:50 AM, jimwell said:

NEET is British English, the abbreviation for ‘not in education, employment or training’. So, you are from the US? Contrary to popular belief, Japan is actually a very STage Blue country. This collectivist, hierarchical, don't-stand-out mindset is Japan's most important value. And this value penetrates everything Japanese, including Japanese business or financial success. The only Orange aspect of Japan is its hard-core "earn and save" money mindset. So, a NEET in Japan basically has no chance of becoming very successful. They are literally seen as garbage. Stage Blue can be very cruel.

Don't you have trouble understanding British accent? Is it easy for you to understand non-native speakers of English? For me, as a non-native speaker of English, I can understand all or almost all accents.

@jimwell I agree now about the SD stage. Before learning about SD I guess I was mistakenly attributing mainly Green values to the culture. Three of my Japanese friends have happily left Japan and don't intend to move back there. They personally have mostly Orange values. Thanks for the video. 

So far heavy Indian accents are at the highest dificulty level for me. Also I once had an elderly Chinese boss. English was my second language too and at some point in elementary school I became a native speaker. After forgetting most of my first language and losing the muscles for speaking it, I visited the country as an adult and completed a graduate program there in that language (grammar, reading and listening were a nightmare). It took years for my American accent to fade away even a little. Many muscles in and around my mouth ached when I spoke the other language. Now speaking both OK, with some discomforts. Can't imagine trying to develop those muscles later in life than I did.