GreenLight

Healthy stage red expression

17 posts in this topic

Is there a possible way to express healthy stage red in society? I am so angry at the moment that i just want to bash a particular persons kneecaps with a baseball bat. It feels like i have nothing to loose and i need to express this feeling or get back at this person somehow. Not expressing anything is not an option as i have repressed this feeling most of my life now and it's erupting. Feels also that i am rebelling against my society programming like being "always nice to people" or "go to court to get justice" and it feels really, really, really good. However, my uncle became batshit crazy few months and did lot of property damage. So i know how it would end up for me if i let loose.

How do you express your feelings without getting in jail?

( Is this topic more suitable for " serious emotional problems"?)

6 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

Join a boxing gym or local MMA club.

Or just buy yourself a punching bag for home. They are pretty cheap.

And experiment with other kinds of vigorous cardio exercises.

You could even buy a trampoline and jump yourself dead-tired on it. It's fun too! Some cities have indoor trampoline parks where you can run around and jump like a crazy horse. Just be ware of spraining a muscle.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I would suggest some type of fighting sports. 

6 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

Is there a possible way to express healthy stage red in society? I am so angry at the moment that i just want to bash a particular persons kneecaps with a baseball bat. It feels like i have nothing to loose and i need to express this feeling or get back at this person somehow. Not expressing anything is not an option as i have repressed this feeling most of my life now and it's erupting. Feels also that i am rebelling against my society programming like being "always nice to people" or "go to court to get justice" and it feels really, really, really good. However, my uncle became batshit crazy few months and did lot of property damage. So i know how it would end up for me if i let loose.

( Is this topic more suitable for " serious emotional problems"?)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just be ware of spraining a muscle.

And also try not to beat the shit out of the guy who accidentally jumps at you when it's crowded :S

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Join a boxing gym or local MMA club.

31 minutes ago, At awe said:

I would suggest some type of fighting sports. 

That's so true. I should try some MMA. Why beat someone if i could do it with style. And when the police would try to get me, I'll would just jab their ass. I'll be unstoppable until I get shot.

Now seriously. A boxing sack would be nice. As i am tired of smashing my own household items. Is a rage room beneficial?

Does anyone else get have huge anger issues doing this work.?

I read Your original post again. I think the bag is the best place to start from. It seems like You would direct Your anger to your opponents and it’s not right. It’s fighting but you have to respect and take care of your opponent. Human body is fragile.

Buy a medium size bag and gloves. Your weakest points are wrists. The angling of them is important so You don’t hurt Yourself.

Good luck?

10 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

Is a rage room beneficial?

Yes. take the rage out on an inanimate object like a bag, become an animal, scream & go crazy. 

Best not to take it out on a human. But definitely learn martial arts, at least then people won't make you feel threatened & they'll probably sense it off you.

58 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

I am so angry at the moment that i just want to bash a particular persons kneecaps with a baseball bat.

If you have a vivid imagination, you can do this:

1. Get into a meditation pose and meditate for 5 minutes. Become aware of the anger in the body.
  2. Focus on that person. Imagine that person getting hurt. Materialize whatever comes to mind no matter how batshit crazy & brutal it is. It could be you or someone else doing the violence. Imagine it as long as you like. After some time it gets tiring.
  3. When you feel it is enough you can detach and meditate for 30 minutes. The anger in your body should have subsided.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

All of these ideas are weaksauce.

This right here is as conscious as stage Red expression can get.

Check out this old Elliot gem: 

It's not only for depression. It's also for expressing stage red repressed emotions. Don't dismiss this. It's extremely effective. EXTREMELY. This is exactly what you need.

I soundproofed my room once with couple of mattresses to get it all out. You can also go to some empty beach or smth like that. 

Brainstorm some logistical ideas for you to do this every other day or whenever you feel you wanna don it. 

Again. It's extremely effective. 

Pd: check out some more osho dynamic meditation in YT to learn some more. 

Or create your own Fight Club lol. Hope you've seen that movie. 

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

16 minutes ago, At awe said:

I read Your original post again. I think the bag is the best place to start from. It seems like You would direct Your anger to your opponents and it’s not right. It’s fighting but you have to respect and take care of your opponent. Human body is fragile.

Buy a medium size bag and gloves. Your weakest points are wrists. The angling of them is important so You don’t hurt Yourself.

Good luck?

Seems that respecting "the other" is my issue. Did recently watch a guy with TBI and i do not think i want to cause something like that to anyone. I'll probably buy punching bag. Even my mother said i should buy one.

16 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

Best not to take it out on a human. But definitely learn martial arts, at least then people won't make you feel threatened & they'll probably sense it off you.

That would greatly boost my confidence and probably avoid unnecessary conflict beforehand.

@GreenLight Ultimately you're gonna have to do consciousness work on that anger.

Anger is often just a cloak for hurt.

If you are angry a lot, you must introspect deeply to discover the hurt inside you. Who deeply hurt you and why? And you will have to acknowledge this and heal/forgive that hurt. That is the real solution here. Not hitting bags or people.

Your anger is actually armor you created to keep yourself from feeling deep hurt. To take off that armor you will have to experience the hurt that you've been avoiding and denying. Allow yourself to feel hurt rather than posturing with anger.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes, learn shadow boxing, get a punching bag or find a sparing partner for boxing pads. Unleash your anger in the boxing gym

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Aside from what the other guys have said, you can try out consuming or creating such art. Rap for eg, or black metal, especially the old school ones.

You can also play games that are set in such universes, for eg: Kenshi, Mordhau. Its a good way to integrate red. Games will help you find violence amusing, funny and expressive, because it is done in a playful manner instead of it being something that you push back into your mind and repress. You need to know to embody violence in this way.

Anyway I would stick with some physical activity firstly.

Edited by Yog

Train body + shouting skills (and of course self defense). Intimidation actually works well (and without the need to have to strike first physically).

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@GreenLight Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is what you are looking for, look into it. Fits perfectly with self actualization, and is highly highly effective self defense.