Flowerfaeiry

Do you drink coffee?

61 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mmKay said:

I'm extremely sensitive to caffeine. One cup after 5pm and i don't sleep. 

5PM ??? 1 Cup after 12AM & I will struggle. 

I can't even drink coffee anymore, I am allergic now. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Spicy chai tea with honey and coconut milk > coffee

Chia latte is the only drink I buy at the café. Tastes amazing too !

10 hours ago, dflores321 said:

I think it's actually better not to drink coffee if you have adhd, although everyone is different and I'm sure there's people who do well with it. 

I agree with this from my experience. 

Coffee makes it impossible for me to concentrate. It doesn't feel balanced enough. I struggle to read, listen to stuff, I become frantic. 

Sometimes too much energy is the problem. 

Here's what I do.

I just cycle coffee. 1 day on, 2 days off. The cognitive boost / euphoric effects tolerance is super fast, tolerance builds up after around 3-4 days I believe. Wakefulness effects stay the same though.

But from personal experience, you probably know that even the second day of drinking is way less effective in both motivation, energy, cognition and even wakefulness.

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

First few hours when the dopamine hits its creativity and happiness then when the noradrenalin (I think) takes over its existential crisis haha. Its very rollercoaster-ish.

i sympathise with this. i just go for a workout to ease the dread.

Edited by Kshantivadin

51 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

Here's what I do.

I just cycle coffee. 1 day on, 2 days off. The cognitive boost / euphoric effects tolerance is super fast, tolerance builds up after around 3-4 days I believe. Wakefulness effects stay the same though.

But from personal experience, you probably know that even the second day of drinking is way less effective in both motivation, energy, cognition and even wakefulness.

i sympathise with this. i just go for a workout to ease the dread.

Some people say that L-theanine + cafeine is good for them. Lmfao i did that and I ended up digging grass with a shovel in my garden at 7:40 am and I thought It was normal. Then had severe heart palpitations for the rest of the day and couldn't nap for sh1t.

Sometimes I can't sleep if I eat dark chocolate at night because of the caffeine content.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

I've found cacao and green tea to be a perfect substitute for coffee. 

@Flowerfaeiry

15 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I've always been super careful with my caffeine consumption since it's so easy to become dependent on. But I've been off daily caffeine for months and I still feel like I need an extra boost. I crave caffeine almost every day. I do have a physically demanding job but I still feel like I shouldn't "need" caffeine like I've been craving it. What am I doing wrong? 

Your body is craving the caffeine for energy boost, especially if you mentioned your job is actually demanding physically, it needs slightly more energy during the work. Also check your sleep quality and nutrition, as these largely effect energy levels in mind and body. Also, if you do exercise, check if the exercised muscle groups are also primarily used in your work as well, and consider allocating to exercise different muscle groups instead, giving a little bit more time for those primary groups to rest, or even reduce the frequency of your exercises, or taking a longer break.

What wrongs you have done so far, we can't say for sure, but for this potentially not listening to what your body signals as a need, your mind suppressing the feelings, not noticing your mind's associations with coffee, these are potential red flags, along with not being sensitive enough to change the balance a bit. Assuming you drank coffee heavily in the past, now you've taken months off of coffee. Consider rewarding yourself for those months by drinking some tea, or decaff, or your usual coffee but slightly reduced amounts.

I used to drink it in extremely huge amounts and I was more or less reliant on it. I quit and completely abstained for over a year. Now I only consume it on rare occasions (once or twice a month) and it feels like a a stim high followed by a crash a few hours later, so if anything it leaves me with less energy on the whole.

I've become a huge fan of matcha tea and now consume that ever morning, it doesn't get me uncomfortably wired like coffee does and I don't get a crash from it. It's an acquired taste but I've come to really enjoy the flavour too.

I was drinking coffee for many years everyday and the last years i was drinking multiple cups especially while working. I replaced coffee 2 months ago with tea and i feel a lot better. Sometimes i drink a cup of coffee when i meet with friends but never more than that. 

I quit coffee last month

I was so addicted to it that i did not even feel the boost i felt when i started taking it

i miss the boost and it's effect on my mood and concentration tbh

Update: drank coffee today (cold brew nonetheless ?) due to a special occasion.. reminded me why I don't keep this habit. Another thing is the acidity in my stomach! It's so harsh. I think I am going to implement a caffeine tea back into my routine though, I really enjoy having a bit of an energy boost when I'm working. 

"You Create Magic" 

If you exercise in the morning, it will energize you all day and the sleep you get at night is bomb as hell. Also you don't have to spend money.

1 hour ago, machinegun said:

If you exercise in the morning, it will energize you all day and the sleep you get at night is bomb as hell. Also you don't have to spend money.

Now that you mention that I do notice a difference when I have an gentle movement practice.

"You Create Magic" 

I do, about 3 full-sized coffees a day

I usually drink all 3 at once about 1,5h after waking up. Up to 2 coffees a day actually makes me less anxious (I think it's because coffee has some substances that also act as MAO inhibitors), the third cup doesn't make me less anxious but still, I feel a bit better, the fourth cup starts to make me anxious so I just stick with three. In the past, I've tried to withdrawal from coffee completely but still didn't have nearly as much energy and well-being so ultimately I decided to drink coffee every day indefinitely.

Roasted coffee is the major known food source of norharman and harman β carbolines. They are MAO inhibitors, being increasingly associated with a beneficial effect in Parkinson disease. Scientists study these compounds with caution, however.

https://puritycoffee.com/the-health-benefits-of-darker-roast-coffee/

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

I miss it for my training goals have to admit and i wonder how my body will respond. I've consumed high doses for years..with little HIIT cardio in the morning so..

After 1 + month i'm still as shredded as aswalys...but now that i'm changing my training and nutrition i'm curious about it. 

Today i tried with some caffeine pills i bought after quitting it. About 200mg dose each. NO EFFECT at all in my alertness of motivation. Do not recommend. I'll keep them if later on i need them as burners but never ever considered taken those so called fat burners fitness enthusiasts use.

I'll update my thread on caffeine.

Keep on with 0 coffee..

well done!!!!

sorry i posted twice

Edited by ertopolice
error

Coffee is the productivity, creativity, quick thinking and energizer drug.

L-theanine is the go if you're anxious with coffee; the concentration is far superior to caffeine alone

Decaf coffee is a perfectly fine substitute for those who want or need to reduce their caffeine from drinking too much coffee.