Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheSilentObserver

Gibberish is the only language that has ever existed

5 posts in this topic

I was going to post something else but I just literally had this insight right now. It's all coming in, so forgive me if it's a little all over the place. I hope you'll understand what I'm trying to get across.

So, ever since humans could talk it's all been gibberish. Like, it's all been random sounds that we've agreed that meant something and sounds that we didn't understand it had to be something else but that. The idea of real separate languages even existing seems increasingly foolish. Where does English end and French begin? I will admit I don't understand French or any other language but both languages share a lot of words and vocabulary structure that if you think about it long enough, they're both tied together too tightly to be called real separate languages. They're two versions of the same language.

I suppose you could say English and Chinese are distinct from each other enough to be called separate languages, but even then both of them have words that match the same things you and see feel in the phenomenal field. 

I know practically speaking this doesn't mean that I'll understand every language now but if a true separate language ever existed, it would have words and ideas that humans wouldn't be able to understand or translate. In fact, I believe we wouldn't even recognise it as one at all.

Man this hurts my head to think about, but it's worth it. What do you guys think? Hopefully I'm on to something and not just chasing my tail, so to speak.

Edited by TheSilentObserver

All languages are lies. Consciousness creates languages as a game, but in ultimate reality, there is only pure, wordless, conceptless, awareness.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I think that language is genetically encoded. There is a rule called Zipf's law according to which in all the languages that exist the second word is used half as often as the most used, the third one third of the time, the fourth one quarter and so on ... quite mysterious. also the most used words in all languages are the so-called invisible words, the, to, etc. This rule works in languages without any relationship. it would show that your idea is correct and that all languages are the same with different aspects

Edited by Breakingthewall

There's a cool phenomenon called "semantic satiation" when you say a word so often that it suddenly starts to lose any meaning and becomes nothing but a funny noisexD

Not to forget glossolalia... 

1 hour ago, TheSilentObserver said:

both of them have words that match the same things you and see feel in the phenomenal field.

We don't feel the same.

Things are socially constructed through language and not an intrinsic part of the phenomenal field (except inasmuch as thoughts are part of the phenomenal field of course, but I was assuming the dualism implied in your statement).