justfortoday

AMA: I've permanently stopped perceiving the world in 3D / time.

18 posts in this topic

Hey friends, after a 3-month, daily meditation practice and the help of some weed in the process, as well as various other consciousness exercises as shared by Leo, I've permanently stopped seeing the world as a 3-Dimensional space.

I now perceive everything in my direct experience as a projection of light emanating from me, a sort of void with a movie playing in front of it as reality, so everything in my direct experience is me.

I'm projecting everyone, every thing, every color, shape, or sound. It's incredible.

I can't stress how HUGE this shift has been for me, but it's something I've strived for for a year after first experiencing non-duality.

I call this, Being VR. 

Edited by justfortoday

Well that's pretty cool dude :)

3 months of daily meditation seems like nothing... How many minutes were your sessions? And do you mean to say you've ONLY been meditating 3 months for your whole life?

2 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Well that's pretty cool dude :)

3 months of daily meditation seems like nothing... How many minutes were your sessions? And do you mean to say you've ONLY been meditating 3 months for your whole life?

I've been meditating on and off my whole adulthood, but the last 3 months I would meditate for 2,3 hours a day. I did self inquiry in the process too. 

Weed also really helped me "snap" out of the dream and become infinity. 

Now, when I am walking through the street, I don't perceive the world as a 3D material universe that I am inside of, but the world comes to me. I am the screen upon which reality appears. Even as I am typing this, there is now a gap between "me" as infinity, and the human body, I can see the edges of the projection inside this void.

Edited by justfortoday

@justfortoday You know what's also gonna be really weird? When after a while you try to recontextualize the world back into 3-D. And then you'll go like "ahh right, that's how I used to see the world, it's beautiful as well. How could I've missed this my whole life?"^_^ nice work btw!

How do you experience thoughts?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

How do you experience thoughts?

As a stream in my direct experience, but I don't associate with the thoughts anymore, they just pass and go like clouds, but I stay focused on the sun. 

Zup brother nice to see its going well!

Do you feel lonely after a realization like this or are you perfectly comfortable with knowing that you project everything?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

2 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

Zup brother nice to see its going well!

Do you feel lonely after a realization like this or are you perfectly comfortable with knowing that you project everything?

It makes life 10000000000000x more hilarious, I am just laughing internally all day long because I hear other people talking and realize I am the dialogue holder, the conductor by which these people are communicating, and I laugh at the stuff they talk about because it's so hilarious.

Everything is God, and other people are just fragments of its cosmic schizophrenic mind, including me. 

It makes reality seem extremely hilarious and beautiful, like a giant comedy show.

14 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

It makes reality seem extremely hilarious and beautiful, like a giant comedy show.

It is heheheh xD

17 hours ago, justfortoday said:

the help of some weed in the process

weed did it for me also, I just needed a little push :):) 

Nice!

Did you experience fear during the process, or during the shift?  And what was your motivation?

Wow that's paramount progress, great to hear! 

- Do you still experience suffering? How is you experience of physical pain now?

- How did you go from experiencing that state only in meditation to making it permanent? I can go into non-dual consciousness during meditation (and yes, weed makes it A LOT easier), but I lose it as soon as my concentration breaks, any advice?

- Did it improve your perception of the subtle planes of consciousness? I mean things like subtle energies, disembodied beings, occult powers, etc.

Edited by Fran11

"@justfortoday , have you read the book "Enlightenment Ain't What It's Cracked Up To Be: A Journey of Discovery, Snow and Jazz in the Soul" ? It speaks of enlightenment as you describe it. 

Here's a video of an interview with the writer. 

1 hour ago, eliasvelez said:

Nice!

Did you experience fear during the process, or during the shift?  And what was your motivation?

I did not experience any fear because I have had many mystical experiences over the last year. I wanted the truth, whatever the cost.

14 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

Wow that's paramount progress, great to hear! 

- Do you still experience suffering? How is you experience of physical pain now?

- How did you go from experiencing that state only in meditation to making it permanent? I can go into non-dual consciousness during meditation (and yes, weed makes it A LOT easier), but I lose it as soon as my concentration breaks, any advice?

- Did it improve your perception of the subtle planes of consciousness? I mean things like subtle energies, disembodied beings, occult powers, etc.

1. I experience suffering but I've re-contextualized it as just a projection of my own mind. Physical pain is still experienced, but it's more like "whoa look at that cool shit happening on my finger WHOAAAAA DUDE"

2. I imagined that I have no head ( I don't) and simply vanished my own body so that I am just a point in space traveling as infinity. You actually have no head, no brain, no face. God being projected from where you think your face is, that is your visual field. It's like a void of pure consciousness. So I would practice going to the supermarket and walking down the isles, and realizing I have no face, no eyes, nothing. Just the projection emanating from me. So I've slowly grounded myself into this new experience and it is now permanent, so I experience having no head, instead the world. I understand that the world is my own schizoid god mind.

3. I can see auras if that's what you're implying. I also can perceive feelings when I touch people, as it's my own being. 

You are literally imagining EVERYTHING. That TV in front of you? Yep. Imaginary. Your body? Imaginary. Your face? Imaginary. 

All there is, is the light in your "eyes".

You are like a genie trapped in a lamp endlessly playing inside the lamp as there is only it in existance.

Like I mentioned, I call it Being VR.

17 minutes ago, Demeter said:

"@justfortoday , have you read the book "Enlightenment Ain't What It's Cracked Up To Be: A Journey of Discovery, Snow and Jazz in the Soul" ? It speaks of enlightenment as you describe it. 

Here's a video of an interview with the writer. 

Thanks for sharing, will definitely watch this.

12 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

I imagined that I have no head ( I don't) and simply vanished my own body so that I am just a point in space traveling as infinity. You actually have no head, no brain, no face. God being projected from where you think your face is, that is your visual field. It's like a void of pure consciousness. So I would practice going to the supermarket and walking down the isles, and realizing I have no face, no eyes, nothing. Just the projection emanating from me. So I've slowly grounded myself into this new experience and it is now permanent, so I experience having no head, instead the world. 

Thanks! I'm definitely gonna try this out.

I do have one more question, what about deep sleep? Do you remain conscious? 

Edited by Fran11

1 hour ago, acidgoofy said:

Did you smoke cannabis after the shift? If yes how is it different now?

I use cannabis once a week for deep introspection, it just amplifies the experience.

I don't do psychedelics yet, unless you count weed as one. But I'm looking forward to experimenting with psychedelics in the future if I can retain this nondual state.