ModernArtist

Are Humans Really Smarter Than Animals?

15 posts in this topic

Found this today: 

The Cambridge Declaration on Consciousness *:

We declare the following: “The absence of a neocortex does not appear to preclude an organism from experiencing affective states. Convergent evidence indicates that non-human animals have the neuroanatomical, neurochemical, and neurophysiological substrates of conscious states along with the capacity to exhibit intentional behaviors. Consequently, the weight of evidence indicates that humans are not unique in possessing the neurological substrates that generate consciousness. Nonhuman animals, including all mammals and birds, and many other creatures, including octopuses, also possess these neurological substrates.”

* The Cambridge Declaration on Consciousness was written by Philip Low and edited by Jaak Panksepp, Diana Reiss, David Edelman, Bruno Van Swinderen, Philip Low and Christof Koch. The Declaration was publicly proclaimed in Cambridge, UK, on July 7, 2012, at the Francis Crick Memorial Conference on Consciousness in Human and non-Human Animals, at Churchill College, University of Cambridge, by Low, Edelman and Koch. The Declaration was signed by the conference participants that very evening, in the presence of Stephen Hawking, in the Balfour Room at the Hotel du Vin in Cambridge, UK. The signing ceremony was memorialized by CBS 60 Minutes.

Edited by Orange

Um we ARE animals. This is the problem with humans we have forgotten that very basic truth and lost our connection to Mother Earth. The human animal may be advanced in some ways but in others I believe the other animals are way smarter for example the human animals wreck the earth while the others live in harmony with it. I often fantasise about humans being wiped out and leaving the other animals to live in peace 

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

Its because humans have lost their way, their connection to the eternal self, to the earth, to the oneness.

If we can reach a level of awareness to manipulate ourselves into blindness, that alone paints a powerful picture.

B R E A T H E

@Orange they may possess the neural substrates and are certainly conscious beings....but smart is misleading.  Compare cerebrums vs body mass and the picture clarifies.

On 14/10/2016 at 3:52 AM, ModernArtist said:

Are Humans Really Smarter Than Animals?

I've tried time and time again to explain the Internet to my dog, but she just doesn't get it - dumb as a rock when it comes to our clever and superior abstract intellectual humin concepts.

We humans are smart enough to copy concepts from nature and apply them to our own needs.  On the other hand, nature has no chance at copying our super-smart highly-evolved civilization.  Lol...

And we are so damn superior to those dumb bacteria - we've even managed to copy their gene editing system.  We is so smart... Oh, wait... :/

At least animals are intuitively more intelligent than humans. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Nope. Don't underestimate animals. We humans are the only species that has to use $ to live. We work our ass off because of this. While birds and others fly and live freely, and then we claim that we're the smartest. Sometimes some animals, like this cat, for example, come to the rescue:

We could live without $, like this:

But, there was a population explosion in the previous generation and inflation. 

Time to really work on our life purpose and connect it with spirituality. That's the only way I could think of to solve this issue. Oh, pls refer to Spiral Dynamics too! o.O

Edited by Key Elements

On 10/19/2016 at 8:07 AM, Xpansion said:

Um we ARE animals. This is the problem with humans we have forgotten that very basic truth and lost our connection to Mother Earth. The human animal may be advanced in some ways but in others I believe the other animals are way smarter for example the human animals wreck the earth while the others live in harmony with it. I often fantasise about humans being wiped out and leaving the other animals to live in peace 

It's cool to experience that fantasy though, no? I mean, I dig it. Anyone one of us could move into a cave if we wanted to. Lots of people do. We have the options. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 10/14/2016 at 2:22 AM, ModernArtist said:

Are humans really smarter than animals? 

Nah. Just the other way around 

I don't know man, this dog looks smart af.

That's contemplation in those eyes. 

IMG_0761.JPG

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I dont have facebook so I cannot see the video, however, it really depends on how we define smart anyway.

I believe the humanoid structure is the most advanced structure in physical dimension. There is no evolving more besides mental/emotional ect..I believe this because All intelligent life forms in the universe that come in contact with humans on earth either by physical or telepathic somewhat and mostly have a humanoid structure. After that they simply transcend into non-physical forms.

We have just been taught completely backwards and never trained to use the full potential of our vessel body/mind complex.

Calculators replaces Math = Lack of exercising the brain

TV/Phones/Radio/Internet replaces Telepathy and other psychic abilities we have naturally.

Toxins, Radiation, Poisons, Pollution ect.. distorted our connections to higher consciousness. These were all created to distract us but the internet is where it really backfired and reconnected us. Infinite intelligence cannot be fooled even with a wiped memory of our infinite potential.

Most things in our modern world have been created by a more ego-structured way, masculine energetic way lacking the divine feminine and fluid creativity. Tesla was one of the only people that was headed the right direction but he too was silenced.

I honestly believe that theory that we only use 5-10% of our brains, people are just in denial and don't want to admit it because their whole lives have been taught a completely backward way of thinking thus why its so hard to comprehend this clear picture for some.

We live in a society where more people go to the gym and exercise their bodies for physical appearance yet hardly ever exercising the mind for mental performance. I've seen children move things with their mind, even most in this forum may think this is nonsense but to me its simple physics.

I could do things as a child that most adults would think is impossible so they shut me down and created doubt and disbelief within me and because of this backwards programming and conditioning they had now i can rarely connect with those abilities i had because of that ignorance. Hopefully one day we have proper schools and education that can teach us about the true nature of our reality and restore all these useless faults that kept us in a pointless loop.

Universe = Energy, Frequency and Vibration - Nikola Tesla

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E