roopepa

Letting go, becoming nobody

5 posts in this topic

For a long time I've had a thought-structure which goes along these lines:

"I do not feel good about myself and my life. I don't feel loved and joyful. To feel good, I must become enlightened, a spiritual master, to know the truth, to radiate love & wisdom around me like a true guru should. Then I would feel good and have people love me and see how smart and great person I am."

Lately I've become more conscious of this belief and it's becoming more and more clear how bad this makes me feel, and how, well, stupid it is.

Due to becoming more aware of this I have realized that what truly makes me feel good, and a more radiant, joyful and loving person is letting go of this belief and becoming basically nobody. I can already feel it coming. I can feel the joy of letting go. The new vision of being a joyful nobody, right here now, feels so good that I can't wait for it to actually become my experience.

Don't know why I wanted to share this. It's kind of a statement I guess. I'm breaking through guys!! Yay!!!

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@roopepa a lot of us get backed into a corner by our circumstances and society, and we don't feel like we can express our true nature. You already know what your true nature is:

8 hours ago, roopepa said:

to know the truth, to radiate love & wisdom

You just need to step out of your own way.

All stories and explanations are false.

Congrats on recognizing the ego trap of identification with enlightenment.

Enlightenment is a journey, not a destination. It is about abiding in presence, with each step along the path. Unfortunately, the ego doesn't want to be a nobody. Gear up, it's the ultimate battle. Each moment of presence is a small victory.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

'I don't have a name, so you can call me whatever you'd like. I'm not tied down to anything.' - anonymous 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay