Someone here

What's your biggest fear?

59 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

That one day I’ll buckle and make an AMA thread. 

Do it already cuz I'm too impatient now. 

Just kidding. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Dead being like feel trapped in the endless void and never realize that im God and Infinite and/or reincarnate

So far.. Death and hell for the most upvotes. 

Keep Goin........

Here's what I am afraid of..... 

Death. 

Hell. 

Insanity. 

Loneliness. 

Pain. 

Poverty. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Insanity and/or sickness.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Immortality.

Damn. ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

13 hours ago, Sahi96 said:

I do not mean mistakes as in sins. I mean it more along the lines that I am making a logical mistake in ignoring the biblical truths and not pursuing a dogmatic lifestyle--"not accepting Jesus Christ as the truth". It is very difficult to work through this because of how the biblical messaging is in many ways directly in contrast to that of what is being discussed in this forum. Although the bible is full of a lot of inconsistencies and nonsense, the verses that talk about false prophets / false teachers who make nature their god or that create their own gods and meaning of the universe and who engage in the sensual pleasures of life (promiscuity the main example) and how these people will suffer the most, this is what gets at me. I feel extremely guilty when thinking anything that goes against the Biblical God, and the worst thing is that I 99% think the bible is bullshit, but that 1% still controls me. 

Nothing is going against the Bible on this forum. 

5 hours ago, freejoy said:

Nothing is going against the Bible on this forum. 

LOL 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Belief, you already know what it is

FA711757-AE7E-44BB-B4BF-A59259E97977.png

Greatest strength, weakness and fear

Death, fundamentally.

A different matter is how willing most people are to admit it.

Edited by Arzola

3 hours ago, Arzola said:

Death, fundamentally.

A different matter is how willing most people are to admit it.

i am not gonna say i am not afraid of a death but there are things i certainly fear much more then death

if there are two buttons and pushing first means definitive death and second means being tortured for a year and by torture i mean the worst torture you can imagine. I would certainly choose death.

for me life can be far more scary then death sometimes

Stuff I’m probably not even aware of or expecting. Probably 99% of the unpleasant stuff that I’ve experienced I didn’t even fear it before it occurred. It just happened and was unpleasant or painful. 

Not saying I wouldn’t be fearful if in a situation where I was acutely aware the end was nigh but death itself oddly doesn’t scare me much upon reflection. I have some personal realizations of what death is though so it isn't so scary. Perhaps a bit sad, a beautiful longing, but not so scary.

far more stuff in life scares me off the top of my head

- going clinically insane or psychotic beyond return where nothing stable can be maintained in this life

- going broke 

- being emotionally open and potentially have my heart broke in a relationship 

- being shamed and rejected by loved ones and people I care about

- getting cancer or some illnesses that causes great bodily suffering 

- hurting others out of ignorance or anger 

- spiders and big nasty bugs

- airplane takeoffs xD

- a sliver of uncertainty 

Whelp this was fun. Let’s do it again sometime!

Edited by Lyubov

On 05/03/2021 at 0:02 PM, mandyjw said:

My own thoughts. All other fears are thoughts, that boil down to my fear of my own future thoughts about it. xD

That is actually funny and so true

Fear is easy to bullshit yourself about because its only real while you're experiencing it. If you aren't currently feeling fear you are imagining it, and that's something else. It's easy for me to contemplate fear from a secure position and think I'm fearless. I might conjur an imagined fear of my children suffering and dying.  That would be a dreadful experience, but I'm not actually fearful of it at this moment because I know its imagined.

It just so happens I am currently experiencing fear. I have health issues and the cause is unknown. I very much relate with Leo on this.  The discomfort itself is unpleasant, and the loss of functioning is inconvenient, but neither fearful. I experience fear when I feel my body degrading but have no idea why or how to proceed in a direct treatment. I'm not getting into the details of my health issues rn because it goes back and I'm trying to stay present with my fear. Its the not knowing and the mind creating what if's that is the source of my fear. In my experience I feel my body malfunctioning, pain, reduction of functions, and I feel myself struggling to understand what's going on and what does this mean, why can't they find an answer? how long will I have to endure this? Will this get worse? Will it end up killing me eventually? This is all my mind creating fear. I am trying to ssurrender. Relax my body and accept what is. I am focusing on my breath to ground my mind. I feel the tension and resistense in my body. Trying to let go. I'm remembering mystical experiences in which I realized 'there is never a reason for fear. I am feeling God, but not deeply. My fear is going away.

Yeah, so I have a fear of losing my health functioning and a fear of not knowing when it comes to the loss of something I value. I'm just going to sit with it now for awhile.

@neovox I just finished Being Ram Dass. He talks about the transformation after a severe stroke, and how as he got older, it was the ultimate spiritual practice to simply love, despite his limitations. If you haven't read it, highly recommended. All the best on your health issues ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I have no fear of death, but I fear that I will regret the way I’ve lived when I do.