Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rnd

About "nice communities"

3 posts in this topic

In some forums, communities and Telegram chats there's an unspoken set of rules of how everyone should behave. In some everyone should behave "nice", must not use any controversial terms and expressions, express his opinion in a restrained way, use neutral phrases such as "not really good", "not the best" instead of "not good or bad", "worse", and such. There's a distance, that is. Such small little things that soften the tone... Only "positive" and "nice".... "Thank you!", with an exclamation mark, everywhere. Something funny won't fit it because everyone there is "nice" and "serious", something about sex won't either.

No one pushes, or pretends not to, anyone to do something, until  you'll say something controversial or in a casual way, express your opinion freely, say that you dislike something.... they'll get triggered and try to you moral teachs "oohhh, how could you dare to say that? Blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah..... You're a fu-ing brute and idiot, you've come to our society where everyone is fu-ing nice to each other... blah-blah-blah-blah".

They'll tell me how I should behave, nicely that is, but they themselves don't like to be told that.

Why do I come to such communities? Because I need to, I'm a programmer, and I've come accross several such communities. And such communities exist in many domains.

Is there a problem with such communities? Are they really latent moralists, generally speaking?

Edited by rnd

Those people are ferocious. Try to keep away from them as much as you can. 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

There's no guarantee them I am not ferocious.