VeganAwake

The Satisfied Seeker

14 posts in this topic

The seeker/sense of self desperately seeks for a better experience in the future.

It has an unquenchable thirst that can never be satisfied.

See the permanent quenching of thirst would be the end of the seeker.

So it sets up an unachievable goal to constantly seek, but never fully find.

It sets up its own circle jerk under the radar to perpetuate its illusory existence.

It's very cunning.

It has a slew of defense mechanisms or gate guards to distract, deter and camouflage the freedom that's longed for.

It wants its cake and to eat it too.... it simply cannot fathom or recognize its own unreality, because that would be its demise.

It wants to be there when what's longed-for is found. It wants to be the Satisfied Seeker.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Isn't That has much to do with the transitory nature of all phenomenon rather than the illusory of the 'seeker'? 

So you are never 'satisfied' because what you seek is always ahead of you.. Not necessarily you don't exist? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

In what way does seeing through the illusion of a seperate self correlate with the end of seeking?

No matter how 'done' you are, there still is the appearance of a body, desires and thoughts. So what is this bundle going to do? just sit around do nothing and starve to death?

Decicions are still made. The illusion that they are made by a seperate self is gone, yet decisions still happen, by themselves.

If a decision to eat something is regarded as 'legit', why is the decision to deepen the awakening not 'legit'? Where does that bias come from? 'you' have to do something after all. 

For 'you' seeking has stopped, but for 'me' the desire for going deeper is present in the same way as the desire to eat.

Whether 'someone' stops seeking doesn't so much depend on what awakening into no self they had, but what the reasons for awakening were in the first place:

• end suffering 
  • get a one-time glimpse of Truth
  • know that there is no "you" but only the true Self
  • be subtly aware of your true Self
  • become deeply conscious of your true Self
  • Truth itself

All these reasons are just thoughts floating around, in the exact same way as the desire to eat.

No?

"Whatever arises is the face of God." – no one

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

10 minutes ago, allislove said:

Whatever arises is the face of God.

So the feeling of I’m the one who choosing is an illusion?

Edited by Heaven

@Heaven

Yep, "the one who choosing" is an illusion. Choice without chooser. You are Infinite Choice. 9_9

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, GreenWoods said:

If a decision to eat something is regarded as 'legit', why is the decision to deepen the awakening not 'legit'? Where does that bias come from? 'you' have to do something after all. 

For 'you' seeking has stopped, but for 'me' the desire for going deeper is present in the same way as the desire to eat.

The chase after 'enlightenment' and ever higher states of consciousness is God's favorite entertainment program; God has set up this whole crazy labyrinth for itself as a fun way to pass eternity, if you will. - So who is to say that stumbling around in this labyrinth without ever finding the (non-existent) exit is not as 'legit' as giving up the search for the exit and thereby transcending the labyrinth?

If you enjoy the game, keep on playing. If you don't enjoy the game, cash in your chips and go home. It's as simple as that. ;)

Why so serious?

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

Isn't That has much to do with the transitory nature of all phenomenon rather than the illusory of the 'seeker'? 

After awakening(collapse of the individual) phenomenon still arises. The difference is the self-centered experiencer that places an overlay of meaning, purpose and value and judges all phenomenon as good, bad or indifferent is recognized to be completely unreal.

So you are never 'satisfied' because what you seek is always ahead of you.. Not necessarily you don't exist? 

Well that's why it's called Awakening.

Satisfaction would be the death of 'YOU'/the Seeker. So the only thing that it can say is, "this is not it". It has to constantly uphold the illusion that there really is a separate individual that will one day find what it's looking for.

Therefore awakening is not finding something.... it's the death of the individual that believed something was missing in the first place. ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

In what way does seeing through the illusion of a seperate self correlate with the end of seeking?

No matter how 'done' you are, there still is the appearance of a body, desires and thoughts. So what is this bundle going to do? just sit around do nothing and starve to death?

Decicions are still made. The illusion that they are made by a seperate self is gone, yet decisions still happen, by themselves.

Whether 'someone' stops seeking doesn't so much depend on what awakening into no self they had, but what the reasons for awakening were in the first place:

• end suffering 
  • get a one-time glimpse of Truth
  • know that there is no "you" but only the true Self
  • be subtly aware of your true Self
  • become deeply conscious of your true Self
  • Truth itself

All these reasons are just thoughts floating around, in the exact same way as the desire to eat.

No?

Yahtzee you got it, there is no real hierarchy in anything ?

The collapse/uphold are actually identical because it's an illusion.

Awakening is an non-happening.

It's the death of something that was never real... so it's complete bs if you will. ❤

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

The chase after 'enlightenment' and ever higher states of consciousness is God's favorite entertainment program; God has set up this whole crazy labyrinth for itself as a fun way to pass eternity, if you will. - So who is to say that stumbling around in this labyrinth without ever finding the (non-existent) exit is not as 'legit' as giving up the search for the exit and thereby transcending the labyrinth?

If you enjoy the game, keep on playing. If you don't enjoy the game, cash in your chips and go home. It's as simple as that. ;)

Seeking is what is longed for appearing as seeking, so seeking to get rid of seeking is what keeps the wheel of seeking turning. It is a loop of seeking. The seeking energy has this intrinsic feeling that something is missing, so it seeks for something to make that feeling go away, unaware that the seeking itself is the cause of this discontent.

This is perfectly what is longed for when there is no one left to say that it isn't. 

Edited by traveler

@Bazooka Jesus  the craziest thing is nobody really knows anything and nothing really matters. Man what a trip xD

On 3/5/2021 at 0:09 PM, Bazooka Jesus said:

The chase after 'enlightenment' and ever higher states of consciousness is God's favorite entertainment program; God has set up this whole crazy labyrinth for itself as a fun way to pass eternity, if you will. - So who is to say that stumbling around in this labyrinth without ever finding the (non-existent) exit is not as 'legit' as giving up the search for the exit

@Bazooka Jesus Exactly?

@VeganAwake ??