Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tatsumaru

Is qigong scam/placebo?

12 posts in this topic

Is qigong scam/placebo? I know it's a huge part of traditional Chinese culture which I highly respect, but the qigong space seems to be full of charlatans. Has anyone here gave qigong some serious time? What method did you use? What were the results? Isn't it just another form of meditation?
Cheers.

Qigong is real AF. I am currently training to become a certified Qigong teacher. I went in just to get the direct experience and I fell in love with the practice. It has changed my life in a very dramatic way. It's definitely real, very powerful and worth your time if you wanna be happy and healthy. Qigong is a combination of movements, breath work, and intention. It's like Yoga, but different. It not only works on the muscles and breath but the body's life force energy called Qi. I would recommend getting a direct experience of Qigong and you can do that here: https://www.holdenqigong.com/

To me it seems obvious and practical. You are a human being with a lot of electricity moving through you. All you are really doing is working the body in a holistic way to get that electricty or Qi to move through your body in an optimum way. The 5 Element system is really powerful. Be sure to go in with an open mind and don't worry about getting anything from it. Just do the movements and see what happens. 

I know a lot of people seem to worry about it as it isn't well known. I don't really know the landscape that well. 

Qigong and an umbrella term and it includes meditation within it. 

The results I have seen so far in my practice is:

1. Improved spinal health 2. Better sleep 3. More energy 4. Less stress 5. Greater understanding of my bio-electricity 6. clearer thoughts... and more....

You are more than your physical body. Qigong is a very practical and holistic system. Once you feel the Qi flowing you can't unfeel it. It's a pretty amazing exercise. You don't understand how invisible energy affects you until you really develop awareness of it. 

Also the Holden Qigong community facebook page is filled with hundreds of people curing things they never thought they could because the modern western model lacks holism.

-sorry bout typos I type fast and don't edit on forum

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

It’s very powerful, totally recommend it. Compared to Thought Art I’m a beginner but still. Best part was that I could prove the effect of it right away. 

@tatsumaru Qigong is 100% real and legit. It's just as powerful as yoga or meditation. Tai Chi and Qigong, under the guidance of the right teacher will lead you to enlightenment and the awakening of your life energies and meridians ( Chakras). As in yoga, there will be charlatans and people practicing it on limited dimensions of existence but Qigong is definitely real and powerful. Practice it daily, and you will see for yourself...

I personally feel the qigong and its standing meditation are one of the most powerful meditation techniques. Qi means energy and Gong means work in Chinese. energy work. That's what it means and that's what it is.

Edited by Spence94

5 hours ago, At awe said:

It’s very powerful, totally recommend it. Compared to Thought Art I’m a beginner but still. Best part was that I could prove the effect of it right away. 

That is what I find so surprising about how western healing shit on Qigong. You feel it pretty much right away... Anyway.

◭"89"

◭"89"

17 hours ago, Thought Art said:

The results I have seen so far in my practice is:

1. Improved spinal health 2. Better sleep 3. More energy 4. Less stress 5. Greater understanding of my bio-electricity 6. clearer thoughts... and more....

Are you certain that those aren't simply a result of you spending time relaxing in nature?

13 hours ago, At awe said:

How was it powerful for you?

12 hours ago, Spence94 said:

Qigong is 100% real and legit. It's just as powerful as yoga or meditation. Tai Chi and Qigong, under the guidance of the right teacher will lead you to enlightenment and the awakening of your life energies and meridians ( Chakras). As in yoga, there will be charlatans and people practicing it on limited dimensions of existence but Qigong is definitely real and powerful. Practice it daily, and you will see for yourself...

I personally feel the qigong and its standing meditation are one of the most powerful meditation techniques. Qi means energy and Gong means work in Chinese. energy work. That's what it means and that's what it is.

I've read some Qigong books and I am familiar with the claims. Enlightenment, eternal youth, healing, sexual prowess and all kinds of special powers. Where are these so called immortal magicians though? From where I stand all I see is new age gurus who are enlightened because they claim so and no one is allowed to challenge that and a lot of teacher training programs that seem to be generating lots of $$$ for the owners. Nothing wrong with money in my opinion, but I am not seeing the results. If this was as powerful as it claimed why isn't the whole world talking about it? It's essentially better than medicine if it works.

P.S.
I am not being an ass, I am just trying to find out what the truth is. I would love for this to be real.

Edited by tatsumaru

@tatsumaru Just do the practice, asking us isn't going to answer those questions for you. If your going to be skeptical actually be skeptical and gain direct experience. 

Did I say one thing about nature? no...? A lot of stress is held in the body. Even if I was doing stretching it would help those areas in a minor way. Qigong is real. Gain the direct experience and don't worry about being fooled. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

48 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

Are you certain that those aren't simply a result of you spending time relaxing in nature?

I've read some Qigong books and I am familiar with the claims. Enlightenment, eternal youth, healing, sexual prowess and all kinds of special powers. Where are these so called immortal magicians though? From where I stand all I see is new age gurus who are enlightened because they claim so and no one is allowed to challenge that and a lot of teacher training programs that seem to be generating lots of $$$ for the owners. Nothing wrong with money in my opinion, but I am not seeing the results. If this was as powerful as it claimed why isn't the whole world talking about it? It's essentially better than medicine if it works.

P.S.
I am not being an ass, I am just trying to find out what the truth is. I would love for this to be real.

It is real. You wont have 'eternal youth' but you can make use of its anti-aging benefits. New agers are probably exploring it for sure, and you definitely want to be mindful. I see becoming a certified teacher at age 25 as a major investment in my long term future health wise. The more I understand my body holistically the happier and healthier I will be in the long term. 

◭"89"

1 hour ago, tatsumaru said:

Just try at least once and be very aware of the sensations. How can I describe how Fanta tastes, take sip instead. I’m sure there are free trials available here and there ?

You can try Holden Qigong for 2 weeks without even giving them your card. He is great, trained by Mantak Chia and has taught for 30 years

◭"89"