Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Paul

Spiral Dynamics Emotional Line

1 post in this topic

Hello Actualized.org. 

What stage of Spiral Dynamics do you believe you have developed to in your emotional line? Why? I'd like to hear details or even personal stories along with why you believe you are at the stage you are at as well as any details or stories about stages you've been through. Please be vulnerable and kind.

If you don't know what lines are at all, go and see Leo's video - Spiral Dynamics - Important Insights & Nuances

If you know nothing about SD at all, don't jam up the thread with BS please. 

Leo and others, what documentation of the emotional line do we have? Please share any resources here and let's remain open-minded and truly skeptical (obviously). Thank you!

I believe that I am stage orange-GREEN or just GREEN or GREEN-yellow. I don't know! I believe this because I am starting to allow and honor or appreciate all of the emotions (GREEN?), not just certain ones. This is not always a straightforward path because I am not currently in therapy, receiving coaching, or a part of any supportive, open-minded groups consistently.

I sometimes choose to turn off certain emotions and only allow certain emotions. If I go snowboarding, I can't be feeling sad or ashamed because they aren't confident. I have to choose joy or anger. This in my mind is SD ORANGE along the emotional line but maybe stage GREEN-YELLOW for me personally because I am consciouslysuppressing/choosing emotions to be productive/creative versus doing this as often as possible. 

I'm not sure how much of the time and to what degree I am allowing or suppressing emotions, how much suppressed emotion is just stored somewhere inside of my being, what emotional healing is, and how much these notes are allowed to affect my behavior. My point is I don't know how much my general level of consciousness and ability to be honest is affecting my self-evaluation. Sometimes putting myself into all of this SD information can feel very fuzzy…can you relate?

I wrote that as an example but also for those above me to let me know if I am understanding the emotional development line in SD accurately. If there's something obviously contradictive in my writing point it out to me! I know you will… Thanks!

(I will share stories of what I believe were times I was developing through other stages of the emotional line after some discussion)

Edited by John Paul