John Paul

Spiral Dynamics Lines

5 posts in this topic

Leo, in your SD lines etc. video you listed these lines as the most important to consider in life: cognitive/values/main, emotional, moral, career/livelihood, health/nutrition, interpersonal relationships, spiritual/metaphysical, educational, political, psycho-sexual, kinesthetic. Would you add, subtract, or combine/change this list at all? 

What do you all think?

@John Paul Can you link the video? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

13 hours ago, John Paul said:

Leo, in your SD lines etc. video you listed these lines as the most important to consider in life: cognitive/values/main, emotional, moral, career/livelihood, health/nutrition, interpersonal relationships, spiritual/metaphysical, educational, political, psycho-sexual, kinesthetic. Would you add, subtract, or combine/change this list at all? 

What do you all think?

I feel like for cognitive values I'm yellow. I feel that I understand yellow values and cognition pretty well. 

Emotionally I'm green/yellow: I can pretty hard to trigger but sometimes when I feel depressed or I'm in an ego backlash state, I slip back to green. 

Interpersonally, I'm not sure. My friends are orange/green but I don't fully resonate with them. I hang around people in a variety of positions on the spiral and I have no problem adjusting myself accordingly while still being true to my principles so I guess I'm yellow (spiral wizardry). 

Career/livelihood: Probably orange/green that's where I see myself starting off. Ideally, I would want to be in a green/yellow career. 

Health/ nutrition: yellow/green. I try to take a holistic view on nutrition as it can be a complex topic with a lot of moving variables. I also try to incorporate intuitive eating and take body positivity into consideration. I have a whole journal dedicated to that. 

What I'm studying in college: Green/ yellow with healthy orange. Currently double majoring in management (orange/green) and international relations (green/yellow) with a minor in human rights (green with a little yellow)

Psycho-sexual: Not sure but I'm guessing green. I feel that emotional connection and intimacy is a huge component for me however I'm not dogmatic about sex. But then again I have no idea what yellow sexuality would look like lol. 

Kinesthetic: absolutely no idea what that means and how it relates to the spiral. 

Overall, mainly yellow but with some green I'm still working through. 

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

2 hours ago, soos_mite_ah said:

Kinesthetic: absolutely no idea what that means and how it relates to the spiral. 

I think I heard Ken Wilber describe it in a question as "how do I do it?"  So, I imagine, something about how you either manoeuvre things in space, whether it's moving your body to do a task or art to even things like figuring out how to lift a couch up a flight of stairs.  

You can pretty clearly see people who have higher kinesthetic intelligence compared to others, especially in sports and the moving arts.  They're not awkward or clumsy and look elegant and graceful with their movements.  

But ya, as it pertains to like how kinesthetics would be different at each SD level I have no idea.  Maybe it's something about the type of activities one engages in.  Like I lived in a pretty Green town in B.C. Canada for a bit, and there was often an ecstatic dance night weekly and people would just let go and do all sorts of interesting moves along with really interesting music.  But then compare that to like a club with fist bumping n' grinding, hip hop, and listening to rap n techno which seems more Orange to me.  ... I dunno, mmmaayyybbbee something like that.

I also imagine that the higher one is on the spiral, the more capable one is of more complex movements.  Like watching a lot of the native american and indigenous dances, they are pretty simple (it seems to me, I'm sure there's complexity in there, and I definitely find them beautiful still) compare to something like Ballet or some of the contemporary dance styles and routines. 

Also, what stage one is at kinesthetically may also be something, at least in part, of a subjective disintction one makes.  Almost like looking at art.  Like, just by looking at certain pieces of art, you can tell (especially if you have lots of experience in that art) what pieces are higher quality than others.   There's something of an aesthetic quality that people can gauge from higher to lower.  How much of that gauge is universal across all humans I suppose is up for debate.  But I think there are some aesthetics and things people might consider subjective that are actually universal across cultures and people.   

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins