Sahi96

Existential conundrum: Why live a "good" life? Why strive for goodness?

24 posts in this topic

"The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences.  When love and hate are both absent, everything becomes clear and undisguised.  Make the smallest distinction, however, and heaven and earth are set infinitely apart. If you wish to see the truth, then hold no opinions for, or against, anything"

- HSIN HSIN MING

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

17 hours ago, Sahi96 said:

Thank you for replying back. It was actually after watching your "something instead of nothing" video that has thrown me a bit deeper in my covid lockdown existential crisis rabbit hole. I must admit, I do not understand what you mean by "there are no bad deeds and no evil, and only love exists". How has the pursuit of truth brought you to this conclusion? I can surely think of examples that are both evil (e.g. conscious acts of betrayal, intentionally inflicting pain) and love (selfless sacrifice). 

Do you clarify this in depth in one of your videos because I do not understand the logical path you are following to come to this conclusion. I do not "enjoy" suffering, but my mind leads me to both pain and bliss when I am in the heights of my mania. 

Perhaps if I understood your reasoning here, I could make more sense of this when I am lost. Essentially, why is good and love infinite and absolute, but hatred and evil not? 

See:

What Is Love?

What Is Love? - Part 2

What Is Goodness

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

See:

What Is Love?

What Is Love? - Part 2

What Is Goodness

Gotta re-shoot the holism episode  you typo'd " seflessness " at 35:20 but still great video ??

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

There is no balance. There is no cosmic justice. The reward for goodness is just knowing that you have done the right thing, and that should be enough, without knowledge of further reward.

Edited by Bodhitree

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna