Melissa46

Psychedelic newbie

16 posts in this topic

I’ve never tried psychedelics before. 

Should I try 5-Meo DMT as my first or would you recommend something less powerful to ease into it first?

Less powerful

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've heard people say nothing can prepare you for a 5-MeO-DMT trip.

LSD or shrooms

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Yes dmt is something you must do after the smaller ones like lsd mushrooms etc. Although lsd n shrooms are powerful themselves

An entry level dose of magic mushrooms is a great place to start, don't start with 5-MeO-DMT. 5-MeO-DMT is a hardcore psychedelic.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Thanks guys!

Are any or all of these psychedelics safe for people with chronic depression?

The thing holding me back from investing in experimenting with psychedelics is my worry that they’ll trigger a depressive episode. Or am I thinking in reverse — much like how psychedelics can help with addictions to even hardcore drugs like heroin, are basically naturally occurring neurotransmitters and have zero potential for dependency or addiction... could they prove effective in helping me cope with depression?

I’ve tried many things to help with depression but I think it’s genetic — almost all of my family members are depressed. I can only alleviate it, not permanently remove it. I’m mostly at peace and am highly spiritual in nature, though, if that makes a difference. 

Do you know of any intro psychedelics that are particularly helpful for someone struggling with a mental health condition?

@Melissa46 Based on what you said, I would recommend you start off with magic mushrooms. They are very loving if you let them guide you. They have helped me alleviate my anxiety and OCD.

I would also recommend you have a trip sitter on your first trip as well. If you can do it in nature on a sunny day that would be an unforgettable experience. Just make sure you are going into it with a positive state of mind. 

Make the best out of your first trip. Good luck!    

@Melissa46 I would suggest starting with a low dose. You could also try microdosing. For some people it has a positive boost. Also, one should be cautious about taking psychedelics if on psychoactive medication, like SSRIs. 

Higher doses can have more impact, yet it is leveraged and becomes less predictable. There are many different experiences possible on higher doses of psychedelics.

My first time was around 1 gram of magic mushrooms. Haven't done since, Would absolutely do it again, no worries or dramas, great start

Thanks for all your advice!

I’ll def look into getting a trip sitter if I ever do begin experimenting!

Try 2g of Shrooms, then 3, then 4 and so on till you get your first breakthrough experience, then move to NN DMT and LSD. Once you have experienced a couple of strong Ego Death experiences and you are not afraid of it, go for 5-meo

21 hours ago, Melissa46 said:

Thanks guys!

Are any or all of these psychedelics safe for people with chronic depression?

The thing holding me back from investing in experimenting with psychedelics is my worry that they’ll trigger a depressive episode. Or am I thinking in reverse — much like how psychedelics can help with addictions to even hardcore drugs like heroin, are basically naturally occurring neurotransmitters and have zero potential for dependency or addiction... could they prove effective in helping me cope with depression?

I’ve tried many things to help with depression but I think it’s genetic — almost all of my family members are depressed. I can only alleviate it, not permanently remove it. I’m mostly at peace and am highly spiritual in nature, though, if that makes a difference. 

Do you know of any intro psychedelics that are particularly helpful for someone struggling with a mental health condition?

Depression can be triggered or cure it depending on how you frame the trip and all the insights from it. Also, Depression IS NOT Genetic, only the predisposition/tendency to suffer from that particular condition is.

7 hours ago, Alex_R said:

Depression can be triggered or cure it depending on how you frame the trip and all the insights from it. Also, Depression IS NOT Genetic, only the predisposition/tendency to suffer from that particular condition is.

I know what you mean! I experienced some traumatic events right at the cusp of adolescence (12-ish) and I know why it was triggered. 

Problem is, any form of cruelty triggers it now, especially if the cruelty is directed at me personally, even if it’s imagined and not real — I’m having a hard time fully embracing the “Love awakening” Leo’s talked about so exquisitely in his video series on Love... I intuit that fully experiencing this part of the spiritual journey and sensing love deeply within myself (and therefore in others) would help. 

Thanks for the clarification! I studied psychology so I understand what you mean by predispositions — not everyone predisposed to a mental illness will develop it. Sadly I couldn’t work around that as I was still so young & the trauma I experienced was persistent since it was inflicted by a close family member ? (not sexual assault, btw — a lot of people may assume that cause I’m female. tmi alert — it’s more like sexual defilement with derogatory words, with dehumanizing behaviour & sabotaging all my relationships, controlling behaviour, etc. I know where this person was coming from and I’ve forgiven them... but I’ll never tolerate sexist or cruel or discriminatory behaviour again... the issue is conflated cause I’m from a minority group — I’m Turkish btw — & have never experienced a true sense of belonging in Canada even after living here for so long, aside from having a few good friends who coincidentally, helped me work through my trauma ?)

I’m waaay better now than I used to be, but I suspect the love awakening can be great for healing ? as well as leaning deep into creativity ?

Send me a pm if you want to discuss how psychedelics affect depression. IMO, the chance they will help you is greater than the chance of them affecting you negatively long term. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY