Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris365

Life is trying to wake life up

21 posts in this topic

Where do thoughts appear from? Relax and say "I wonder what my next thought is going to be". Then wait and see. The thought that appears, be it after 1 second, 1 minute, or 5 minutes (well done), is not controlled or generated by anyone. Where does it appear out of?

Thoughts appear out of Emptiness. The person, the individual that claims ownership over the thoughts, doesn't exist.

What is Emptiness? it is Everything/Reality/Source/God.

The separate person thinks that to perform an action, a thought and/or an energy is needed. Since thoughts or energies are appearing out of Emptiness, actions are spontaneously happening, out of the same Emptiness. The person that likes to take credit for any perceived positive actions the body-mind is performing, and assign blame and guilt for any perceived negative actions that are happening, is illusory.

There is no owner, no doer, in the sense of a separate individual. Life is just happening, and it is absolute freedom...  You are not living life, Life is living you.

And the kicker: all those thoughts that set you up for the evolution of Consciousness, are coming from Emptiness as well! that means that Consciousness is becoming conscious of itself, by itself, because of itself!

Or another way of saying it: Life is waking Life up.

Serious question, isn’t this just another story (more thoughts) about Truth? What makes this story true and others false? 

Is this whole idea of life waking itself up just another story operating in the illusion/dream? 

Of course it's a story, words cannot express Truth, only point to it. 

If 'no stories' is a condition for interaction, may as well close down this forum... if it's here, it's a story...

'Use a thorn to remove a thorn ' ;)

1 hour ago, tuckerwphotography said:

Serious question, isn’t this just another story (more thoughts) about Truth? What makes this story true and others false? 

Is this whole idea of life waking itself up just another story operating in the illusion/dream? 

Every story is fiction. The only truth is directly realized. Even these words are narrative in the story, but maybe they can help point you to setting down the book, and being.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, Chris365 said:

And the kicker: all those thoughts that set you up for the evolution of Consciousness, are coming from Emptiness as well! that means that Consciousness is becoming conscious of itself, by itself, because of itself!

Emptiness is Infinity.  Absolute Infinity which is Infinity in every dimension and thus pure Intelligence.  You are creating it all with infinite intelligence.   And you designed it so that you could discover this - that you are Infinity.  So slowly you work your way towards that end.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Chris365 @Moksha Yes, I get it. I just wonder sometimes if the story about waking up to Life/Spirit/Infinity is just adding another layer of Doing that is distracting from Being in the name of Becoming. I hope that makes sense.

I listened to this podcast about Conscious Evolution yesterday and felt very resonate with everything that was said, but I couldn't help feel it created simply a higher order story with attractive labels like "meaning" and "purpose" that overshadows the awakening part. Obviously both Being and Becoming are necessary, I think it'll be interesting to witness what happens when more and more people start capitalizing (literally and metaphorically) on the story of Life Awakening to Life. Of course, I'd rather have people conforming to that story than any other, but I also witness in myself how it gives me a sense of mission that makes me feel as if there's so much to Do (must awaken!) rather than "getting" the deeper meaning which is to Be and allow Life to flow naturally. Don't worry, I see the holes in my own narrative. I'm just sharing for the sake of conversation with you...I mean, me.

12 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@Chris365 @Moksha Yes, I get it. I just wonder sometimes if the story about waking up to Life/Spirit/Infinity is just adding another layer of Doing that is distracting from Being in the name of Becoming. I hope that makes sense.

I

Too much of anything isn't good relatively speaking - its important to get a conceptual framework to place your consciousness in the right position to trigger a mystical experience or awakening.   But then one must collapse all duality by doing the spiritual work and practices.  Only then will one become directly conscious of Truth.  Being directly conscious of Truth means collapsing the duality of self and other.  Collapsing into God/Being/Truth. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

And water is becoming wet. 9_9

Are fish aware that water is wet?

30 minutes ago, Willie said:

Are fish aware that water is wet?

Only the enlightened fish.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It's a run away train that never had a driver. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

11 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

It's a run away train that never had a driver. ❤

God exists.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Chris365 I like this analogy. 

It takes years to get here so well done. 

I think humans struggle with the word Emptiness. There are a lot of words which can have negative associations however as you describe, it is absolute Freedom. You're right about attributing blame, we like to take the blame and the credit! 

That's the bit that should wake us up. Life itself. But we're blind to the illusion. 

12 hours ago, Moksha said:

Every story is fiction. The only truth is directly realized. Even these words are narrative in the story, but maybe they can help point you to setting down the book, and being.

@Moksha Isn’t everything Truth, including truth? Doesn’t Truth with a capital T transcend and include everything below it, so in a sense, isn’t truth (however one defines this) also a part of Truth? If so, how does one define the difference for practical purposes, knowing ultimately they are One (if that’s true)?

Edited by tuckerwphotography

11 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

I listened to this podcast about Conscious Evolution yesterday and felt very resonate with everything that was said, but I couldn't help feel it created simply a higher order story with attractive labels like "meaning" and "purpose" that overshadows the awakening part. Obviously both Being and Becoming are necessary, I think it'll be interesting to witness what happens when more and more people start capitalizing (literally and metaphorically) on the story of Life Awakening to Life. Of course, I'd rather have people conforming to that story than any other, but I also witness in myself how it gives me a sense of mission that makes me feel as if there's so much to Do (must awaken!) rather than "getting" the deeper meaning which is to Be and allow Life to flow naturally. Don't worry, I see the holes in my own narrative. I'm just sharing for the sake of conversation with you...I mean, me.

Until the separate individual is realized as illusory, it needs stories, to make the conditioning more transparent and conscious. Which seems to happen there "it gives me a sense of mission that makes me feel as if there's so much to Do (must awaken!) ". Ask yourself, who must awaken? The person that thinks it must awaken, won't make it ;)

37 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

Until the separate individual is realized as illusory, it needs stories, to make the conditioning more transparent and conscious. Which seems to happen there "it gives me a sense of mission that makes me feel as if there's so much to Do (must awaken!) ". Ask yourself, who must awaken? The person that thinks it must awaken, won't make it ;)

@Chris365 That's exactly what I'm getting at...that these stories have a shadow side, which is that they make the ego think there's something to "do" which ironically could prolong the need for the story in the first place. Know what I mean? I'm not suggesting that we don't need stories or shouldn't use them, just highlighting something I've experienced on my own journey, as I'm sure others can relate to.

3 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

could prolong the need for the story

Prolong as compared to what, an alternative reality where awakening is realized quicker?

Apparently there is only one reality, and whatever happens, it's because it had to happen. Stories take as much as they do, and no less.

A story here is this: starting off with a thinking-heavy existence (like most people), it is seen as needed to go through the intellectual understanding of non-duality (as impossible as it is), for the separate person to "buy into" it. Going straight for the story of "thoughts are empty, there's no doer etc" wouldn't have gained much traction. The whole existence works so well, like I have designed IT Myself with infinite intelligence xD

12 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

This is spot on....?

Yes Awakening, Enlightenment, Nirvana is just a story...

The individual that is seeking so desperately for a better experience in the future recognizes its own unreality thus revealing the futility of its desperate attempts to find a better experience in the future. 

The once solid brick house of 'ME', becomes a wobbly unstable house of cards ready to topple over at any further deep introspection.... it begins to collapse, and once the bottom of the bucket falls out it will never hold water again ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, Chris365 said:

? ❤