Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jacob Morres

balance

68 posts in this topic

Who do I heal in this scenario? 

It is so complicated that an accurate answer can’t be given because there are other factors that we aren’t aware of in your scenario. - random dude on the internet 

Week 1

If I bring more awareness to my life today…

- i'd breathe more man. relax a little. show yourself a little love

- id see clearly the truth

- id try to see why sentence completions dont work

- id let go of tensions and stress

- id forgive myself

- id walk with grace

If I take more responsibility for my choices and actions today…

- id get a job

- id put a little effort into getting a job

- id look at options of getting a job 

- id think about how much a job is important to me

- id focus on a goal

- id relax getting the job 

If pay more attention to how I deal with people today…

- id breathe love. find a little peace in my day

- not be so stressed all the time

- show myself a little love

- breathe

- love my anxiety

- watch my anxiety

- be the ocean. 

- flow. vibe. hear. see. love 

If I boost my energy level by 5 percent today…

- act with excitement!

- follow what excites you. 

- no. sleep better. 

- look into sleep optimizations

-talk to my sister. i love her

- remember my accomplishments

The art of doing sentence completion well is to maintain a high level of mental focus combined with a complete lack of internal censorship. Doing sentence completion on a daily basis as described here is a kind of psychological discipline, a spiritual practice, even, that over time achieves insight, integration, and spontaneous behavior change. People sometimes ask, “How do I integrate the things I am learning in sentence completion?” The answer is that practice itself, done repetitively, brings about the integration. The speed of your progress depends in part on the level of focus and consciousness you bring to the work, both while doing it and later when reviewing and reflecting on your endings. - Nathaniel Brendan 

?? 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Small steps lead to big change 

Big things is often the accumulation of small things? 

Is this always the case?

When is it and when is it not 

How does this work with 30-90 days challenges? 

==

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMe4Pfhga/

Edited by Jacob Morres

level of consciousness 

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by Jacob Morres

Self assertion does not mean belligerence or inappropriate aggressiveness; it does not mean pushing to the front of the line or knocking other people over; it does not mean upholding my own rights while being blind or indifferent to everone else's. it simply means the willingness to stand up for myself, to be who I am openly, to treat myself with respect in all human encounters. It means the refusal to fake my person to be liked.

- Nathaniel B

dude is an inspiration. his book is clear, concise, powerful, practical, theoretical 

High consciousness characteristics:

• Level of empathy 
  • Degree of self reflection capacity 
  • Awareness of self -bias 
  • Ability to see multiple perspectives 
  • Degree of holism and systemic thinking 
  • Size of one's circle of concern 
  • Lack of fear 

after googling a bit about the nature of arguments i found wisdom directly correlated to what i needed

i suspect that every issue has this same benefit to be googled and searched for to find answers

I will try: 

How to have a GM level mindset?

https://eathletelabs.com/a-tactic-for-becoming-a-pro-gamer-the-power-of-mindset/

Careers that make $100k/year?

https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/jobs-that-pay-100k-year-without-a-degree

Insights pulled: 

1. Computer network artchitect: A computer network architect is an individual who designs and builds data related to both small and large communication networks. They often work closely with executive-level staff to determine where networks are needed within an organization. Computer network architects may also determine which network-related equipment to implement in a company, research new network technology and present network plans to organization leaders. Most positions require individuals to have a bachelor's degree, however, some companies may hire people who have extensive experience in computer networking without a degree.

2. Sr. Web developer: 100k: Web developers are responsible for building and modifying all types of websites. They may code, design and layout a website in a way that meets client or company requirements. Web developers typically work as a team with web designers and programmers to produce websites. 

3. Risk Manager: A risk manager is a professional who is responsible for planning, developing and implementing risk strategies in a business setting. Risk managers identify and control various potential dangers that may negatively impact a company. They also address and fix risk-related situations that have already taken place. Common skills needed to be a successful risk manager include a keen eye for detail, research skills, communication skills and problem-solving skills. Higher education is not mandatory for this position, but requirements will vary from company to company.

4. writer/editor: Even in today's digital age, written communication is a dominant way of conveying and exchanging information and stories with each other. But not everybody does it well. As a result, many organizations will pay top dollar for excellent writers and editors. And numerous avenues exist for building a writing career that pays well (regardless of whether your interest lies in creative, technical, informational, or marketing-oriented writing). Plus, successful writers and editors vary significantly in their educational backgrounds.

High earning potential (90th percentile): $125,880

5. Marketing Manager

Average: $154,470

TRASH PAY for such a high impactful role...

concepts i want to google later: 

eq: is the ability to understand, use, and manage your own emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges and defuse conflict.

sq

conflict resolution

meaning, happiness 

self-love, self-compassion

change

family structures 

cook-greuter

balance between first indian and second gen american indian

meta-learning

unconscious competence is: The individual has had so much practice with a skill that it has become "second nature" and can be performed easily. As a result, the skill can be performed while executing another task. The individual may be able to teach it to others, depending upon how and when it was learned.

flow is: is the mental state in which a person performing some activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity

Edited by Jacob Morres

The process of learning 

Learning =  testing?

===

I love the 'learning =' series. 

So far (Learning = observation, learning = making distinctions, learning = behavior change) 

(Scientific method) Hypothesis ->  test -> evaluate (some models that depicted the method didn't include the last step)

1. Make an observation.

2. Ask a question.

3. Form a hypothesis, or testable explanation.

4. Make a prediction based on the hypothesis.

5. Test the prediction.

6. Iterate

scientific method.png

(Eric Ries's method for innovation) Build -> Measure -> Learn Loop (https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/build-measure-learn.htm)

Step 1: Plan your experiment: learn, measure and build – including developing a formal hypothesis.

Step 2: Build a minimum viable product, and test it.

Step 3: Measure the results against your hypothesis to decide whether you can develop a viable business around your product.

Step 4: Learn from your results, and decide whether to persevere or pivot.

(Ray Dalio's process to get what you want):

1. Audacious goals 

2. Failure 

3. Learning principles

4. Improvement 

5. More audacious goals 

5 step process.png

Meta learning: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_learning

(a) have a theory, however primitive;

(b) work in a safe supportive social and physical environment;

(c) discover their rules and assumptions;

(d) reconnect with reality-information from the environment; and

(e) reorganize themselves by changing their rules/assumptions.

Similarities & differences between the models: 

Strengths of the models:

Limitations of the models:

Assumptions of the models:

Exceptions to the models:

Disagreements to the models: 

Traps to the models: 

Leo's model: 'making distinctions': 

Nuances:

Flexibility and adaptability to the situation  

Edited by Jacob Morres

wtf why does this journal have 1500 views stop reading this omg 

it is not that good lol

it seems there are two types of purposes for the scientific method 

1. more goal oriented science for ex: in terms of "how do I cure X?"

2. information based experiments for ex: "how does x react with y? 

i think 2 is required for 1 to create though 1. a foundation of literature, knowledge used to help fulfill a goal oriented experiment 

scientific method doesn't track true/false, it tracks strong/weak

Edited by Jacob Morres

Redefining kindness 

Kindness is inherently not an act, not a good deed, a gesture, donating money, being nice, hugging someone

I think real kindness takes holism to enact 

you have to understand your own biases, your own weaknesses, the well-being of the other, your own selfishness

your own biases can cause you to be selfish -> causing you to do harm onto others 

sometimes kindness is feigned in the sense that it is done "for others" but under the veil of its own selfishness . like someone doing something for your own good,

...but really it is due to their own fear for you. it might not be good for you either, and really just a desire to ease their fear. like an overprotective mother. maybe its kept in good intentions. i can be a bit jaded in this perspective

or if they are donating for public approval, not out of love or empathy of the other person

or if they are a Green company only because it would bring more profit! 

the veil of love (though all of it is human, and perhaps just a lesser form of love (?))

You need to be acutely aware of your own selfishness to be kind. Without this ,you will commit evil. This requires a level of consciousness and development 

Kindness =/= People pleasing

Kindness =/= Being nice 

Kindness = Emotional intelligence. Awareness of other's emotions 

Kindness = Good intentions 

Kindness requires 

- High self-awareness

- Low degree of selfishness/ High degree of selflessness (we are all evil/we must reduce our evil)

- Holism

and as I wrote a year ago... Kindness without boundaries is self-sabotage

"Empathy without boundaries is self destruction 

Empathy with boundaires is compassion" 

To have a high degree of selflessness requires a ton of self love, detachment, healthy forms of coping and consciousness (awareness of the situation)  

TBC.

Edited by Jacob Morres

Cuteness =/= Kindness or Holism or Consciousness 

Guys who try to be macho/tough are trying to put on a masculine front. I think this is a disintegrated feminity (?) Becuase you're not accepting and confident in who you are, which is feminity -> acceptance (?).  I see this in myself 

I noticed that girls who try to be super cute and like cute things like cute animals and stuff, I always felt a sense of toxicity from them. Some form of abrasiveness, toxicity, racist, "snapping back", attitude, ego.. And I kept getting confused because I'd actually thought that the cuteness and kindness were correlated. My expectations for feminity always fell short 

Is this just me? 

So my guess is.. Girls who try to be cute are trying to put on a feminine front. This must have a disintegrated masculinity or something if I assume (?) equivalency 

===

I just remembered this picture that SamC posted here 

20210706_122855.thumb.jpg.c6f83819a0fbac4248332f7ca4bcf2a9.jpg

so girls that are " cute " but are also bullies have a masculine shadow 

Did I j make a connection wtf

Yo am I carl jung or what 

Healthy integrated masculinity would be healthy conscious boundaries. Which requires some masculinity right? 

Conclusion: I am pretty wrong. I'm just keeping this up so I can contemplate on it later 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Kindness requires presence and holism

Emma seppala says #1 key for charisma is presence "charisma simply put Is absolute presence"

????

Giving advice requires a ton of presence to do properly...

Playing competitive sports requires a ton of presence to play properly

Perhaps the summary of all endeavors is presence

"Mindfulness is about being fully tuned in to what is going on in the present moment, both around us and within us, with an attitude of openness and curiosity. By practicing mindfulness diligently, we become more objective observers of our world and our reactions to it. We begin to see work situations and challenges more clearly, and recognize our own mental filters and biases in how we understand and deal with them"

https://www.hci.org/blog/four-steps-mindful-action 

As per my understanding, 

Presence is what allows for clear, holistic decision making, understanding and wisdom, unclouded by the biases of the mind.

It's like we see better and clearer

Edited by Jacob Morres

How do I create or increase desire for something?

Repeated contemplation about objects or anything in the world results in attachment. Attachment creates desires.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-create-or-increase-desire-for-something

In Bhagavad Geeta Chapter 2 Verse 62 Sri Krishna Says

dhyāyato viṣhayān puṁsaḥ saṅgas teṣhūpajāyate
saṅgāt sañjāyate kāmaḥ kāmāt krodho ’bhijāyate

While contemplating on the objects of the senses, one develops attachment to them. Attachment leads to desire, and from desire arises anger or greed.

Once desire develops, it gives birth to two more problems—greed and anger. Greed comes from the fulfillment of desire.Non Fulfillment of desire gives rise to anger.

When we repeatedly contemplate that there is happiness in some object, the mind becomes attached to it. It is not intrinsic value of the object but our perception that the object would give happiness creates desires .

For example If one is attached to drinks, the desire for drinks comes repeatedly to the mind. If one is attached to cigarettes, then thoughts of the pleasure of smoking cigarettes repeatedly flow in the mind, creating a craving for them. In this way, attachment leads to desire.

Edited by Jacob Morres

The art of creation 

===

Goal/Why vs/+ Process/Systems 

Paradox in self development: (paradoxes aren't actually paradoxes, they exist on the same plane, they are only seemingly paradoxical) 

1. Don't focus on the goal, focus on the systems 

The truth in this statement is that having and setting the goal itself won't manifest itself by itself.  There are specific action steps that you need to take that are essential to manifesting your goals. However focusing on this alone gives way to problem 2. 

2. Don't focus on the thing, you need to have a why

The truth in this statement as I understand it is that the action steps sometimes are not motivating at all and won't get you the results you desire. The why will give you something meaningful to chase after and generate desire and motivation to create it. However focusing on this alone gives way to problem 1.   

The solution I understand it

Since focusing on the goal/process alone is incomplete, my solution and understanding of the convergence is that have a goal and then focus on the specific action steps that create the goal! either/or has issues 

To be even more nuanced, it seems to be a balancing act, not an either/or. both have their specific use cases and tons more nuance 

For example another nuance is focusing on the goal and developing the goal can increase your motivation when you lose meaning. the goal can sometimes be overwhelming so it's sometimes best to focus on the action steps that manifest that goal 

That sometimes can make you blind to the process so you need to be aware of enjoying the process as well -> the enjoyment can create a fulfilling and happy life. the process is also what actually generates that results so getting the process down real good will help you manifest that big/small goal. however focusing too much on the process can make you lose sight of the bigger picture of what you want out of life and where you are going. 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Impact is inherent 

You will always have some sort of impact on the world/people around you, it's important to take conscious control over it because it will either be negative or positive 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Why I enjoyed 6 pillars of self esteem:

- I felt good that Branden included a lot of nuance in his wisdom. He didn't just put out a principle and said it was the truth. He pressed on context which I admired because context is key in the world of self improvement 

- it was really nice to see when he gave advice that he spoke much about the traps and misconceptions.  Often in self improvement I feel advice gets too linear! Almost like they can't see outside the bubble of the advice they are giving. Just very unholsitic 

- felt well studied, well researched and well understood. Branden remains unbiased , with an understanding he doesn't have the absolute truth and is always willing to append on his wisdom

- goes in depth on the principles. I think though he went in depth I have a lot of questions still and I think it could be explained even better. 

- a lot of great definitions founded in wisdom 

What is the connection between the practice and what does it have to do with self esteem? How are they interlinked?

Why is self esteem so illusive to the psychology community? How come definitions of it aren't so concrete? 

Why is self esteem comprised of two definitions? How can one thing be 2??

Why did the program feel so impersonal? I honestly felt he needed way more questions to help engage the reader to understand the idea more. Worksheets

Personal questions:

What is self esteem and why is it important? 

What I would have liked to see:

- I was a little dissatisfied with the practical program. Though it did feel somewhat comprehensive I wish there was a classroom like with TAs or a cohort or something. When I am stuck or confused, I have nobody to go to