Twega

Brocolli sprouts promote detoxification of heavy metals

24 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, The0Self said:

@Quantum Toad Chlorella was the first thing I saw on the first page. You are unqualified to give an opinion on this matter and you will get someone hurt. Chlorella contains a compound with 1 thiol group, not two --  you should know why this will damage the shit out of a heavy metal toxic individual, but clearly you don't, so please do more research. Chlorella renders truly heavy metal toxic individuals bedridden with permanent damage...

Nice Try... to attempt to sound educated and smart.. But sadly i must let you know that.. Your information is heavily flawed.

We have treated many people successfully with proper utilization of chlorella.

Do your research.

2 hours ago, Quantum Toad said:

Nice Try... to attempt to sound educated and smart.. But sadly i must let you know that.. Your information is heavily flawed.

We have treated many people successfully with proper utilization of chlorella.

Do your research.

Might've been overly abrasive, preventing you from being as receptive to what I'm saying. I apologize. But my information is good and my point (though it may not have come across correctly the first time) still stands, even if maybe it shouldn't have been directed as specifically toward you. I wasn't trying to sound clever. I actually happen to have valuable holistic information, as I'm sure you do as well.

Hear me out. The fact is, if a person is truly mercury-toxic, chlorella will hurt them. This is not exactly CHEM-101 but it is just simple (bio)chemistry in the end. The people you've treated may have been properly served by it -- I won't argue with that. But they weren't mercury toxic, which was the point of this thread. I think we may have got off on the wrong foot.

Edited by The0Self

On 3/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, The0Self said:

t can move heavy metals around (possibly damaging the system of a mercury toxic individual), since it has 1 thiol group, but it won't help you excrete them.

@The0Self

Studying Sulforaphane as an isolated molecule will lead to believe that. But what is remarkable about sulforaphane is the potent induction of NRF2 and the catalyzation and conjugation of glutathione.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, The0Self said:

It can move heavy metals around (possibly damaging the system of a mercury toxic individual), since it has 1 thiol group, but it won't help you excrete them.

Any evidence for that? I have never heard of that in all the time I have been researching nutrition. I am highly skeptical of that claim especially because there is so much research into sulforaphane and its having a negative impact on heavy metals was not found, in fact, it seems the opposite is the truth from Jed Fahey who is a phytochemist and an expert in sulforaphane and health.

I am highly skeptical of people who use certain facts of biochemistry to extrapolate that to form an opinion on a complex system, like detoxification.

For example (as a thought experiment), it could be that people who have very high levels of mercury will not benefit from sulforaphane, but people who have low to medium levels of mercury do. Or maybe they benefit before exposure but not during, or after one month of exposure but not one day. In reality, this is how nutrition actually works. Saying a compound harms you in X condition because it contains an X structure is very limited and unholisitic. Especially knowing that NRF2 influences every system in your body.

@Twega It's not exactly chem 101. The more holistic the foundation, the harder it is to explain things in full, but suffice to say, if it was found to have no negative impact on heavy metals, it isn't a chelator. Proper chelators, like ALA, when used incorrectly, will cause brain damage. If sulforaphane didn't cause at least some bodily stress due to redistribution, then it certainly isn't going to cause increased excretion of heavy metals / chelation -- though it really is useless to even refer to some compound's affect on "heavy metals" rather than the specific ones it actually affects. ALA chelates Hg, As, Fe(III), and Se, the first 2 of which are "heavy metals" -- notice lead is absent. For lead you need DMSA and/or DMPS, but they don't chelate intracellularly. There's much more to it as well but I can't remember every bit of it atm. Every chelator and proposed chelator has a long rap sheet; it's not exactly a mystery anymore what these compounds do.

And the thiol double hook issue is entry level understanding before touching the idea of chelation with a 30 foot pole. It's pretty easy to piece together; just takes a while, to actually see how this ends up affecting people in the real world. Any effective single thiol group compound vastly increases the likelihood of a mercury toxic individual being rendered bedridden.

4 hours ago, Twega said:

Studying Sulforaphane as an isolated molecule will lead to believe that. But what is remarkable about sulforaphane is the potent induction of NRF2 and the catalyzation and conjugation of glutathione

Even mentioning glutathione in the context of chelation is bound to make oneself slightly more likely a candidate for brain damage.

Edited by The0Self