Someone here

How to reduce anxiety?

47 posts in this topic

What tips and medications help with easing panic attacks (mild) and stress?? 

Still experiencing worry.. Anxiety.. Stress. Sometimes i find my heart beating fast and a little shake in my fingers.. Not for any special reason.. But sometimes I find my mind wondering into scenarios like "what if something bad happened to me".. "what happenes when I die".. Etc and stuff from this ilk.  

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Sounds like you’re being more sensitive to the ‘off ness’ of how those thoughts feel. That’s ideal. Inspecting why the thoughts feel off is the way imo.  I’d look at how you create panic attacks, rather than continue to, and then medicate or ease them. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Sounds like you’re being more sensitive to the ‘off ness’ of how those thoughts feel. That’s ideal. Inspecting why the thoughts feel off is the way imo.  I’d look at how you create panic attacks, rather than continue to, and then medicate or ease them. 

Well I don't observe myself 'creating' them. As in I don't consciously create those negative thoughts and followed by body sensations (body shaking).  It kinda occurs uncontrollably. I find feeling terrible that's right. Which is why if it was under my control to erase them.. I would have done so.  I took SSRI last year and it worked somewhat but I stopped after few months because It causes terrible side effects. And now these worry issues kinda pop up again. 

-Osho

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well I don't observe myself 'creating' them...

..."what if something bad happened to me".. "what happenes when I die"

“Observe” in this case is feeling. You’re feeling those thoughts are off. Rather that inspecting why those thoughts don’t resonate, you’re looking to suppress with tips and medication. Suppressing emotion is like packing water back into a hose. The hose has a source and that water will continue to arise from the hose. When what was packed down into the hose inevitably comes back up, you’re calling that experience panic attacks. 

With respect btw, this is a pretty tender place of a ‘turn around’ so to speak. When you decide to stop caring about being right, or knowing anything...or how you’re thought of or seen...and decide to start caring about how you feel. 

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

You’re feeling those thoughts are off. Rather that inspecting why those thoughts don’t resonate, you’re looking to suppress with tips and medication. 

Why those feelings don't resonate? Because they make me feel anxious and sick. They don't feel good. 

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

With respect btw, this is a pretty tender place of a ‘turn around’ so to speak. When you decide to stop caring about being right, or knowing anything...or how you’re thought of or seen...and decide to start caring about how you feel. 

No worries.:) I agree . If you felt me argumentative you can ignore me. But I'm just trying to be clear and honest. 

For example.. I just woke up this morning and feeling worried and stressed for no apparent reason at all. I guess that's what I mean by I'm not consciously creating those feelings. If that makes sense. 

What's the difference between what you call suppressing as opposed to expression (I guess)?  Can you give me a plan it list of tips (practical) as to how to deal with this? 

BTW meditation used to make me calm. But I don't find enough motivation to meditate recently due to the same issues. 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

BTW meditation used to make me calm. But I don't find enough motivation to meditate recently due to the same issues. 

Meditation is the opposite of motivation in a way. Seeking motivation to meditate is like eating to be hungry. It’s like picking something up (to feel better), while feeling better equals letting that something go (the thoughts which don’t feel good). Motivation is the very thought activity. Inspiration is the very feeling. 

Motivation is thought activity oriented toward doing...to avoid a potential future situation. To avoid feeling a certain way in the future. 

This ‘not good feeling’ is not however, in a future. That way of thinking is creating the undesirable feeling, now. 

What’s being missed...is that focusing on these thoughts now...or ‘in the now’, ‘in the present’...does not feel good. Every cell in your body is responding to those thoughts... ..."what if something bad happened to me".. "what happenes when I die".

The assumption is “these thoughts are right though.” “I’m right”. “What I’m thinking is just true”. 

Feeling is ‘saying’...”no... this is not the case. These thoughts are not true, and as truth, feeling can not join you in these thoughts”. 

“Clear & honest” = I feel this way because of what I’m thinking. Not because of anyone, or anything, else. 

@Nahm very helpful. Thank you .

Although I'm not sure if by 'not true' just means the content of the thoughts is not true just in the now.. Such that 'there is no such thing as death in the actuality of the present moment'.. Because obviously the anxious thoughts doesn't say 'death is now "or' you going to die now '. It's always referring to the inevitability of death in the' future '.so I guess I need to work on forgetting about the future and create a better connection with the present? 

-Osho

@Someone here ?

Yes. A thousand times, yes. 

Death = love = what feeling literally is. 

Thought: “I’ll ‘die’ in the future”.

Feeling Guidance: “Huh? The fuck you talkin bout be me like that for?”. “There’s no future...you’re not separate & ‘in time’”, “This is experience, right here, right now, pure magic, this now is the whole point! Have fun no matter what, let those thoughts go, and we’re One! Total awesomeness!” 

Thought: “You’re anxiety!”, “You’re guilt!”, “You make me panic”, “You be quite and get back in your hole!”. 

Thought: “Ok, sorry, where was I again? Oh yea, so I have anxiety and.....”

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Feeling Guidance: “Huh? The fuck you talkin bout be me like that for?”. “There’s no future...you’re not separate & ‘in time’”, “This is experience, right here, right now, pure magic, this now is the whole point! Have fun no matter what, let those thoughts go, and we’re One! Total awesomeness!” 

?Good for you 

Thought shall never let you buy into that fully tho lol jk 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

What tips and medications help with easing panic attacks (mild) and stress?? 

Still experiencing worry.. Anxiety.. Stress. Sometimes i find my heart beating fast and a little shake in my fingers.. Not for any special reason.. But sometimes I find my mind wondering into scenarios like "what if something bad happened to me".. "what happenes when I die".. Etc and stuff from this ilk.  

Something that helped me at one point was to try and accept the thoughts and feelings fully, as opposed to try and tell yourself they aren't true, won't happen as the thoughts feel or say so, or push or shift away from them.

For example really let in "what if something bad happened to me", ya, it may happen, and if it does, so what, maybe you die, maybe you feel pain, but this is normal and natural in the possibility of all things.  Just look around, its not like it wouldn't be the first time, something painful happens in the world.  Then maybe you'lll feel like, I don't want this to happen, I don't like this.  Sure, accept this.  maybe your mad about it.  Ok, sure, accept this.  But eventually you may see that, its okay to feel this way, but you won't want to remain this way.  Perhaps you'll just relax with the possibilty of the worst, and the possibility of the best unimaginable as well.  because the next moment past reading this, it could all end, it could feel amazing forever, or anything......No need to linger on this, just accept all possibility openly and carry on.

@seeking_brilliance thanks. Will look it up. ?

4 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Something that helped me at one point was to try and accept the thoughts and feelings fully, as opposed to try and tell yourself they aren't true, won't happen as the thoughts feel or say so, or push or shift away from them.

For example really let in "what if something bad happened to me", ya, it may happen, and if it does, so what, maybe you die, maybe you feel pain, but this is normal and natural in the possibility of all things.  Just look around, its not like it wouldn't be the first time, something painful happens in the world.  Then maybe you'lll feel like, I don't want this to happen, I don't like this.  Sure, accept this.  maybe your mad about it.  Ok, sure, accept this.  But eventually you may see that, its okay to feel this way, but you won't want to remain this way.  Perhaps you'll just relax with the possibilty of the worst, and the possibility of the best unimaginable as well.  because the next moment past reading this, it could all end, it could feel amazing forever, or anything......No need to linger on this, just accept all possibility openly and carry on.

I find this approach brings more anxiety lol. 

How do you use this uncertainty to relax your anxiety.. When anxiety stems from uncertainty? 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

@Someone here No your making the uncertain, certain in this case.  you want to face your what if, uncertain possibility, with yes this is certain so let me face and deal with as such.  To come to accept and be unafraid possibly by the you may die or may feel pain in future moments.  Sure maybe it is to much and intense to do this method, and its not a easy one, may take time.  But sometimes solutions dont happen at once.

12 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

@Someone here No your making the uncertain, certain in this case.  you want to face your what if, uncertain possibility, with yes this is certain so let me face and deal with as such.  To come to accept and be unafraid possibly by the you may die or may feel pain in future moments.  Sure maybe it is to much and intense to do this method, and its not a easy one, may take time.  But sometimes solutions dont happen at once.

Yeah I understand where you are coming from now. 

Let's say I'm anxious that I might get cancer in the future (I'm a heavy smoker btw)... So basically what I should do is trying to reach a state of "so what? Fuck it! I'm not the only one who gets cancer etc".. Such that I view it more objectively? ....... But the ego doesn't care about what's objective I guess .. I only care about what's helpful for me. Not sure if trying to put it in a 'cosmic' perspective will help.. Cuz the ego only cares about its own narrow perspective and little life. Some stuff are just near impossible for you to accept.. Death and fatal diseases are examples. But I guess I should accept the non-acceptance? Lol 

-Osho

50 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yeah I understand where you are coming from now. 

Let's say I'm anxious that I might get cancer in the future (I'm a heavy smoker btw)... So basically what I should do is trying to reach a state of "so what? Fuck it! I'm not the only one who gets cancer etc".. Such that I view it more objectively? ....... But the ego doesn't care about what's objective I guess .. I only care about what's helpful for me. Not sure if trying to put it in a 'cosmic' perspective will help.. Cuz the ego only cares about its own narrow perspective and little life. Some stuff are just near impossible for you to accept.. Death and fatal diseases are examples. But I guess I should accept the non-acceptance? Lol 

when I dealt with this it kinda happened like a epiphany/internal roll play.  It dawned on me that some people do in fact accept their life choices, consequences included and they are at peace with it.  Yes people with fatal diseases, at war, one second away from dying, people who just don't care anymore in kinda a healthy way and if they live they live, if not they dont, I'm gonna surf this 100 foot wave, climb without ropes, go into this cage and fight kinda thing.  

Seeing this opened up new possibility within my human dynamic to allow for another possibility.  My mind like yours was convinced that there was just certain things that were gonna be the way they are going to be, like fear of death and pain, and this is just a belief that can change.

On top of this I was heavily contemplating the worth of life in general, the point of life, if god cares about one life over another, and so with this I think it all added to this shift of not being convinced of my certainties and fears around death and pain.

Also another video that really influenced my views that goes into this approach from this angle and greatly elaborates is a video from Bentinho Massaro.  His earlier videos in my opinion are more humble, open and more appealing then his middle years (I like some of his new stuff to).  But this video helped to just accept something without fighting.

Watch this as though it were your ticket out of hell....

@Mu_ thanks. That was helpful. I guess I understand what you're saying but it's one thing to apply it in life. And to kinda grasp it intellectually. 

Maybe.. The problem is that I'm trying to escape myself. 

If there is an end to suffering it would require that I totally accept myself however I am. 

The paradox of suffering is that the only way to escape it is to surrender to it. Avoidance won't work. But surrender seems like the unthinkable. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Mu_ thanks. That was helpful. I guess I understand what you're saying but it's one thing to apply it in life. And to kinda grasp it intellectually. 

Maybe.. The problem is that I'm trying to escape myself. 

If there is an end to suffering it would require that I totally accept myself however I am. 

The paradox of suffering is that the only way to escape it is to surrender to it. Avoidance won't work. But surrender seems like the unthinkable. 

Ya, accepting oneself/condition/circumstances/environment/interactions is not a easy en devour, but it does seem to get easy once you get the hang of it so to say.  Accept what you can and accept what you can't accept, and even accept that you can't accept that sometimes.  It doesn't make sense to the mind sometimes, but it somehow stops the divide and in fighting.  I remember one day, I just said to myself in the biggest way possible, how about I just stop fighting in my head, in the world, in everything, I imagined a little pow wow with all of the parts of myself that just dont get a long and could never get a long, and said, work it out some how, find a way to at least respect all sides and judgements, the ones that are like you should be like this because its survival optimal, or I want to do this because I like it even if it means its not, the child that wants to just have fun and the adult that wants to make sure things are done in a way that is optimal, considerate, ideal, finding some way that they could all understand eachother from their own desires and perspectives, acknowledging and not judging, allow each to feel as they do.  Some how things settled down some from this.

@Someone here on the top of what guys many times wiser than me already advised, I would be curious what is the current state of your health:

* what's your diet like? 
* sleep? 
* exercise routine? 
* any addictions? 
* stressors in life? 
* digestive problems? 
* any mold, toxins in house? 
* any medication?
* any ongoing health condition?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Someone here  smoke some good indica (plat kush, og afghan are some of my favorites), this helps me a lot :)