Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Origins

March - 5 Album Month (demo) - Classical, Rap, Creative, Indie, Blues/piano

27 posts in this topic

On 24/03/2021 at 0:28 PM, Preety_India said:

I'm trying to improve my voice as well. 

As a tip Preety, make sure you do your exercises with a metronome that is moderately but not too difficult for you to follow, not worrying about whether your singing timing matches but that you can at the very least say tap your foot to synchronise with the metronome. 

No singing teacher would tell you to do this, and if did I'd love to meet them because they'd sound like the kind of human not just teacher I'd like to learn other things from.

Update to post: Examples of different sounding metronomes which I use for when I'm keeping time against multiple beats per minute (BPM).

1. 60 BPM - Metronome (version 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymJIXzvDvj4

2. Metronome 10 bpm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcDWPkfjnj4&t=59s

3. 60 BPM Metronome (version 2 - different sound to version 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsJEMH_emBM

Music is simply creativity with sound expressed within time. Timing is thus the primary cognition of music.

===========================================================================================================

Journal to self: first song is going to come in progressions based on other developments that coincide; Ableton, formal music composition. There will be at least 2 iterations, likely three. From thereon out in general just do one unless its important to do otherwise.

Rough schedule: First version April 1st. Second version April 7th. Third version April 14th. 

The first version will likely be basic instrumental (no electric yet), simply because there's a time factor with all the other things I mentioned above I'm learning ---- we're talking hours and hours every day.

I know I need to start building momentum again post my shoulder injury so I'll keep to at least a weekly upload. I think a good strategy now would be to start generating some consistency as soon as I can.

April 1st is fitting, I've gotta keep up my physio, a bother with everything else I have to do but you know, that's life heh.

No rush anymore as I know how all of these elements (i.e. rebuilding voice, ableton, music theory, etc) are going to coincide whereas before I was still working it all out throwing stuff against the wall to see how it landed.

This will be my last entry for this journal until the first upload.

Taking a break from this site until then.

Edited by Origins

@Origins what's a metronome? 

Will miss you.. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India And you too. 

This situation has really made me think about who's really there for me in my life. Who's genuine. Who's true. And who's just a fuck wit that when the chips fall where are they? They need me right now. I have to be there fully. 

That's what we all have to do.

Be there fully for the people that are true. 

@Origins oh I am sorry to hear about that. 

I will stick up for you 

Take care 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India thanks Preety appreciated.

I mean we've barely spoken, but I've now learned that sometimes the people you speak to the most treat you the worst for no reason whatsoever. 

I mean, wow. Like these last two days couldn't be anymore difficult than they already are, another person who I thought really cared about me just doesn't give a fuck, they told me to completely give up on them so I guess I will. That's projection on my part I guess. Just totally and completely out of the blue. Just like that. BAM. Gone.

I'll learn to analyse people much better before I develop attachments to them. I think in a way that's what the universe is trying to teach me.

I'll learn that lesson completely and fully this time. 

There's that. Or they're pushing you away because they feel scared being close underneath. I don't know which one to believe, because if I believe the second option how far do you go with that before you're really just making the pain worst for yourself.

I just can't put up with it anymore though unless I get a good, honest and sincere explanation, regardless as to their difficulties. There's only so much you can let your attachment get the better of you. They've got so much fear underneath them, I wish I could wash that fear away, my fear is that they're just toying with my feelings but I really think there's depth there that isn't doing that, maybe I'm wrong though.

This is all a subject on emotional mastery, on closeness and the difficulties of attachment to emotionally processing the poor judgement others have towards you.

The person close to me I've been helping is a childhood friend (not the person who played emotional russian roulette with me and just shot us to pieces).

So needless to say... 

Edited by Origins