Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Origins

March - 5 Album Month (demo) - Classical, Rap, Creative, Indie, Blues/piano

27 posts in this topic

I'll just be solely focusing on this journal for this month.

Template

1. First Album - Classical - Italian Arias - 6 self composed
- I don't speak Italian so that's going to be a tough one. Decided today. Here's a random improv just did for sneak preview at progress of voice (still got a lot of growth because I haven't been training for too long so just objectively speaking it'll be really interesting to see where things go there).

Wanted to share this just to force myself to make the commitment to the ball busting challenge of creating these Italian arias. I guess it brings a little anticipation as well haha.

2. Second Album - Rap / Hip Hop - 6 self composed (tackling Ableton properly for the first time so this will be interesting)

- My end goal is to find a smooth creative blend between the first two eventually.

3. Third Album  - Ableton Creative (so no idea where I'll take it) - 6 self composed

4. Fourth Album - Indie - Acoustic guitar  - 6 self composed 

5. Fifth Album -  Blues/related - Keyboard Piano (still working out creative angles there) - 6 self composed

Edited by Origins

Busted! 

You've a powerful baritone voice. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Haha. Baritone/Tenor or something, I can get way up there and way down there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note to self: For this months artwork as a part of the presentation of the songs I'm simply doing 5 pieces of photoshop artwork, 1 per album, that I slap on every song within the albums set to paint the theme / set the tone.

Otherwise skills I need to build overtime regarding presentation: Adobe Premiere + Photoshop (at least 10-15 min for each per day)

As my skills improve there the time it takes to create extra art as a part of the presentation of the music will take less and less time, for example if I were to create a music video for every song we're looking at an increase of at least 60 hours and for photoshop art I'm looking at an extra 30 hours at least. So naturally its a better idea to just devote the latter's 30 hours towards 5 good photoshop art pieces and use whatever leg room I have left there to polish the edges off on everything.

Edited by Origins

Okay that's that, knock down Mt. Everest and erect my statue for people to climb instead I'm done with this journal for at least a couple of days.

I'll come back then and rework the template so everything is organised better at the top of my crown here. Person claims they were the first person ever to climb my statue just as they would Mt. Everest, "No you weren't the first, my secret lover and I were fucking each other senseless at the top long before any other human even started to realise its existence let alone begin to track it to the crown". 

See title. As described may end up just perfecting one single song this month to work on my recording skills, experience and the editing that follows that. Makes sense to do it that way, after that's learned then I can begin to pile on the songs.

I've got no idea for example (need to research) how to get that "cinematic" like recording sound (outside of right recording room/related). The whole very obvious quality over quantity adage.

And I'm going with the X (imaginary intersectional point of integration for being = X, the conglomeration of the multiplicity of growth, stability and extension points across the psyche always pertinent to being a human (i.e. cognitive, emotional and more).

Edited by Origins

Use Headphones - Voice comparison with the above low register "Love", this shows my high register which I usually never sing in, I sound way too much like Freddie Mercury (totally unintentional) haha ----- quick improvisation: Burning On My Own:

Edited by Origins

So here's some experimentation, adding low and high register into a duet, very roughly done just to grab a perspective there.

DUET between two end registers (an improv)

The high register panned left in isolation can be found here:

And the right side at least in terms of low register can be found here:

Edited by Origins

1. So I've decided I'm only going to be really working with songs in my lower register until my higher register better connects with my lower register, I just don't want to sound like anybody else so I trust myself moving forward that I'm making the right decision here.

I'm self aware about my choices and now that I've decided I'll be able to really focus down on singing style within that range, I'm confident I'll be where I want to be by April 1st relative to my progression to date.

2. April 1st I'll have 1 completed song that I've edited to the best of my ability. This is because I want to build a solid foundation in recording and editing before moving forward with a lot of songs or just any songs. So for now I've discarded the idea of doing all these albums, at least until I've achieved that solid foundation.

3. By April first I'll also have 1 completed cover, and from here on out week to week I'll work jointly with 1 original song and 1 cover song back to back each week to build in some solid experience.

4. I want to change my perception in relation to how I construct albums. I want my albums to have some kind of purpose, as well as my week to week songs. I've grown out of this idea of "improvising a song" or creating a song because it's easy or fun to do, I want it to have significant existential value to me even if I'm wrong about my direction I want it to be an existential sign post. I'm also self aware about the influence that my music and lyrics can have on my audience, so I want to be more mindful there moving forward as well. 

5. I don't give a fuck about genres, cultures, or anything like this regarding music and I have no idea why artists give it so much weight, as if to be "acting within a style" (more profit?), I just want to create music that impacts me and if it impacts others in the process that's great too. 

Edited by Origins

6. I'm only going to create electronic music (inclusive of voice of course) from now on as well, or rather, with an electronic foundation and with an instrumental accompaniment for covers and play, etc outside of the electronic music so I've gotta spend much time than I do enhancing my skills there.

My goal is pretty simple: Create music that is as creative as possible for where I am in my progression until I create my own genre basically

I don't give a fuck what has come before me, my philosophy is to integrate, synthesise and think from the ground up, not to do what humanity has done before, to look in the same direction in the same way that other eyes have done in the past. To that I say fuck you.

My new creative decision making process (see image link) I just invented, trialing as a solution to solve the dissonance I experience when making various creative decisions. I realise I just have to "let what will be" in terms of what comes out of flow, while at the same time without too much description devoting myself solely to connecting fully from a pure heart space. Inspired by my own song as a reminder above, Awaken the True War, I sometimes forget the lessons it was meant to teach me through intuition "overload". I guess you could apply this process to how to navigate all of life. In my Transcendence work I've realised how many facets of myself I still need to create adequate and connective (meaning all models originate from and geometrically synchronise with one sole model) models from, this is a reflection of designing out my creative process for as much flow as possible avoiding needless decision making. 

I don't want to give a fuck about singing low/high anymore, I just want to sing from the most truthful place possible relative to where the music is and everything else from there is spontaneous and inspired creativity.

Here's the image link (moderators like to play games with my posting privileges = don't ask, and I'm not giving them any of my attention) - https://ibb.co/0jWLXmX

Edited by Origins

@Origins you shouldn't really care about singing high or low. Just sing from the bottom of your heart. 

Pro tip - don't care about how you sound because you  couldn't  sound better when your heart is in the song and the singing. 

Awaken the true heart. 

Edited by Preety_India

@Origins you have such a beautiful long range. Try adding more single words into lyrics.. Your voice goes well with single words stretched out long. 

I'm trying to improve my voice as well.