twoosees

Dealing with Criticism of Actualized

40 posts in this topic

@Thought Art I appreciate the advice on authority. I introspected and saw that I actually might be manipulative for trying to insist he give the channel a try, perpetuating cult-like tendencies within me.

On 3/2/2021 at 5:12 PM, RendHeaven said:

Dangelo is a kid lol, I think he's my age (21 or close to it).

When he criticizes Leo, it's like a little puppy barking at a grizzly bear.

You and I observing this, why should we get upset?

Let's laugh at the humor of the moment. Perhaps even pity the puppy for its ignorance, but out of genuine care for the puppy (not self defense).

Lol currently informing myself on the Cult psychology series, and I have realized my own deceptions. I should laugh lmao your description though @RendHeaven

@twoosees I've done the same. It's normal to want to share what you enjoy..

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Loving Radiance Man timing is everything. It is no obligation to spread it. I must first and foremost do the work before i can just want to share the messages like a Jehovah's Witness.. 

On 3/2/2021 at 5:42 PM, Carl-Richard said:

That is how drama youtubers survive. They're not incentivized to properly investigate what they're covering, because the majority of their audience is completely ignorant, and any person who tries to call them out gets drowned in the noise. Survival and ignorance is two sides of the same coin.

Great Point! It's baffling to see, but humbling to know you can grow from that if you really want to.

On 3/3/2021 at 2:34 AM, Roy said:

I have a simple thought experiment for everyone here, if you never watched any Actualized.Org videos or their content before and randomly came across D'Angelo Wallace's video - What would you think of it? You'd probably laugh and go along with the criticisms of everyone else if you're honest.

The key point to appreciate is not everyone is going to get the context of what is being said, they will just judge it on face value. Nor will they probably even take the time to learn the context, what would you do if someone asked you to watch 10-100 videos prior to something else so they could "understand" it. You'd say "fuck you that's a waste of my time".

Not everyone is on the same journey @twoosees. Don't distract yourself from the nature of the work by trying to convert people or bring them on the same path. Everyone is exactly where they need to be.

Noted Roy. Thanks I'm learning that slowly

@soos_mite_ah Noted man, especially with the last few sentences.

@Leo Gura the dynamics of that reality is a tough pill to swallow. I must not complain though. Slowly recognizing the impact of the dynamic and its consequences and potential is motivation enough. 

@Nahm change my attention hey. The more I tried the more it angered me at the time

@SuicidalBug Loving the hippie vibes you're sending out

@ZenSwift Man I will look into the lesser Jihad, thanks for the encouragement and insight.

@John Paul Interesting way to go about it. Thanks for the advice

@twoosees

Anger is a gift”

- Zack de la Rocha

Our-deepest-fear-2.jpg

Anger is getting started, knocking the dust off a creator. Shaking you up, waking you up. 

Keep going.

When all the causes of triggers are exhausted, when all emotions are explored, when there are no excuses left, you rise to your place, you find out what you’re made of. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It's really weird how people have reacted when i introduced them to leos content. A person said he seems too negative. Another guy just does not have the mental capacity to understand it so he says he is not giving me proof for anything. 

@Tech36363 I am watching the Cult Psychology series and in that way, the proof we're looking for is to cement our own understanding and grew it in what Leo says he in the videos. It is a self-deception to not admit our cult like tendancies

On 5.3.2021 at 9:47 PM, twoosees said:

@Tech36363 I am watching the Cult Psychology series and in that way, the proof we're looking for is to cement our own understanding and grew it in what Leo says he in the videos. It is a self-deception to not admit our cult like tendancies

You have to be careful to distinguish general group dynamics from cult dynamics. There is some overlap and potential conflations. I have personal experience with cults and this is not it.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 02/03/2021 at 3:53 AM, twoosees said:

also not being able to be open-minded about the nature of psychedelics.

Don't forget to also be open-minded. 

During a period in my life, I was adamant in my belief that psychedelics were the key to unleashing infinite freedom ("enlightenment"). 

Whoever criticized what I was doing (that is, tripping every weekend), I would immediately get defensive and I would block what the other person was saying. 

That also happened with meditation. I used to meditate 4 hours a day. And I couldn't see how that was actually hurting me. 

one day this will all be memories

@kag101 Thank you for the advice. I have the same history with recreational drugs such as weed. It has been half a year or since I last was into it. It might not be classified as a psychedelic, I can resonate with being to excessive about enlightenment, recreation and so forth.

@twoosees i think that cannabis these days could be classified as a psychedelic, because they can be very potent.

why did you stop? do you plan to use those types of substances in the future?

29 minutes ago, kag101 said:

@twoosees i think that cannabis these days could be classified as a psychedelic, because they can be very potent.

why did you stop? do you plan to use those types of substances in the future?

What is your definition of a psychedelic?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Why must you deal with it? Maybe you identified yourself too much with Leo and his content. Maybe you think unconsciously that you know him well. You like his stuff, but more than that, you have identified with it. Just like how a Christian identifies with the bible or being a Christian. If the stuff works for you, that should be enough, why must any criticism of the stuff you love feel like an attack? If the criticism makes sense, you correct your ways, if it doesn't, you don't take the criticism seriously. This is similar to Sadhguru's following getting defensive af when he is criticized, even though Sadhguru says his advice is to be taken only if it is proven to one, else keep open to it. It's because they identified Sadhguru as some symbol himself and a emotion of hurt just pops up on it's own when that identification is criticized. I know because I have been there and it is very common to identify with your Gurus. I was so attached with Leo that it took courage to just click on the video of his criticism or the rational wiki on him. I didn't want to click not because I didn't wanna waste my time, but rather I was scared to have my 'home' or belief system of 'him knowing it all' attacked and lied to myself as 'I don't want to waste my time watching it.'. Furthermore, I told people about him not for their benefit and growth, but rather to validate my belief of him 'knowing it all'. This was all a sneaky mechanism I didn't notice until I realized it. This could be the case with you too. Nowadays, no feeling of hurt or defensiveness arises in my chest when I see Leo criticized, infact I am curious if I might get to know some truth or if it's another set of self-biases. Afterall, I wanna know the truth, not stay with Leo. 

On 3/2/2021 at 5:30 PM, Megan Alecia said:

no sir, experience and critical thinking do in fact go hand in hand. just look at 60 million adults who cast their votes to your former president. 

LOL.  Politics is about rewarding the members of your coalition, and screwing those that aren't.  As we just saw with the stimulus bill.

No matter how smart you are at 17, you're still naive.  The tens of millions who voted for him understood their self-interest better than you understand their self-interest, I can assure you.

@Haumea2018  yeah because it was in the interest of millions of working class people to vote for trump because his policies will help them and their quality of life instead of funneling more wealth to the top ¬¬

Some people dont vote for their interests. They vote for the candidate that will make life a living hell for the demographics they hate because their priorities are messed up.

Age doesnt determine wisdom but it can point to experience which can be linked to wisdom. But then again, there are experienced fools who simply dont learn. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

On 09/03/2021 at 10:36 PM, Carl-Richard said:

What is your definition of a psychedelic?

a substance that can make you trip

1 hour ago, kag101 said:

a substance that can make you trip

This a good example of the distinction between a description and an explanation. How would you explain what a trip is?

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 2021-03-09 at 8:08 PM, kag101 said:

Only because of an innapropriate consumption method which is equivalent to "binge" style with alcohol, although i absolutely hate the juxtaposition.  Yet the fact is that those who remain in control don't drink directly from a 40 bottle...

On 11.3.2021 at 4:58 AM, soos_mite_ah said:

Age doesnt determine wisdom but it can point to experience which can be linked to wisdom. But then again, there are experienced fools who simply dont learn. 

Age is incredibly valuable. Imagine having had twice the amount of experiences as you have now; twice as many mistakes to learn from, twice as many perspectives that you've encountered, twice as long of a time to sit and reflect on all of it. It's impossible to estimate the impact of such a thing from one's current perspective, just as it's impossible to predict the outcome of one's life. This only becomes more and more clear as you age.

Edited by Carl-Richard