Hardkill

No one wants to hire me!

18 posts in this topic

Over the past year, I've been failing non-stop with finding and keeping ANY kind of job that exists in this world. I've with researched countless jobs throughout the entire web online, I've asked countless people I know and people I don't know for any available jobs, my parents even tried everything they could to help me find any kind of job that will pay me any amount, I applied to hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of jobs, etc., etc. Yet, I got turned down by all of jobs I applied for, and not one person has been able to offer me a job of any kind at all. The only exception was just one minimum wage job that I lucked up at Macy's. Unfortunately, I lost that job after working there for only 3 weeks, because of the coronavirus pandemic. Talk about horrible luck. I've tried revising my resumes over and over and over again and actually got a lot of help from numerous people on how improve it for various kinds of jobs, but none ended up helping me land any job. I've even tried going to a Toastmasters club that's near where I live in order to improve my overall charisma and speaking skills, and I've been consistently going to that club now for almost a full year. I thought that this would help me perform better with job interviews and have been making significant progress over the past several months in my overall communication skills, confidence, charm, spontaneity, persuasiveness, etc. Yet, my major long-term improvement in those skills still have not helped me improve my chances with succeeding in persuading anyone that I would be a good fit for any of the jobs I've applied to. Hell, I even tried consistently applying for months in earnest many of the tips and pieces of advice I got from a group of qualified panelists at a virtual seminar I watched and listened to months ago on how to improve Networking skills, Boosting Your Confidence, making a good or great lasting impression at any job interview. Sadly, none of it worked to improve my chances with getting any kind of job at all. 

I know. Some of you here may be thinking that I must be trolling because how ridiculous all of this is sounding considering everything that I've tried. I can't even get a job as a basic grocery bagger or food delivery man. I know the job economy has still not been good, but I honestly have never felt this hopeless about getting ANY kind of job let alone keeping one. Quite frankly, I am getting really scared that I may not be able to literally survive for long in the future. 

The economy should soon improve. This is an exceptional period. So don't give up. As vaccines roll out, employers will do much more hiring. So be optimistic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Over the past year, I've been failing non-stop with finding and keeping ANY kind of job that exists in this world. I've with researched countless jobs throughout the entire web online, I've asked countless people I know and people I don't know for any available jobs, my parents even tried everything they could to help me find any kind of job that will pay me any amount, I applied to hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of jobs, etc., etc. Yet, I got turned down by all of jobs I applied for, and not one person has been able to offer me a job of any kind at all. The only exception was just one minimum wage job that I lucked up at Macy's. Unfortunately, I lost that job after working there for only 3 weeks, because of the coronavirus pandemic. Talk about horrible luck. I've tried revising my resumes over and over and over again and actually got a lot of help from numerous people on how improve it for various kinds of jobs, but none ended up helping me land any job. I've even tried going to a Toastmasters club that's near where I live in order to improve my overall charisma and speaking skills, and I've been consistently going to that club now for almost a full year. I thought that this would help me perform better with job interviews and have been making significant progress over the past several months in my overall communication skills, confidence, charm, spontaneity, persuasiveness, etc. Yet, my major long-term improvement in those skills still have not helped me improve my chances with succeeding in persuading anyone that I would be a good fit for any of the jobs I've applied to. Hell, I even tried consistently applying for months in earnest many of the tips and pieces of advice I got from a group of qualified panelists at a virtual seminar I watched and listened to months ago on how to improve Networking skills, Boosting Your Confidence, making a good or great lasting impression at any job interview. Sadly, none of it worked to improve my chances with getting any kind of job at all. 

I know. Some of you here may be thinking that I must be trolling because how ridiculous all of this is sounding considering everything that I've tried. I can't even get a job as a basic grocery bagger or food delivery man. I know the job economy has still not been good, but I honestly have never felt this hopeless about getting ANY kind of job let alone keeping one. Quite frankly, I am getting really scared that I may not be able to literally survive for long in the future. 

Was in the same boat over here in UK. Applied to hundreds of positions only to have none even reply to say I was refused, or not given the position. Just shooting off CVs and resumes into the void. The only thing that turned my situation around was a government funded scheme paying businesses to create a role for individuals out of work due to the pandemic. 

Youre not the only one, things will look up soon. Rough times. 

I call BS to some extent. I just looked on Indeed.com for my city and there were 2,857 jobs. Many of them low level stuff like fast food restaurants, laundry washing, etc.

If you apply for hundreds of jobs and you get no response, don't bang your head against the wall and send out 100 more. You're clearly doing something wrong. Time to re-group and figure out what that is.

Maybe there are a couple typos in your resume you didn't see, maybe something isn't worded optimally. Maybe you're sending out generic applications instead of tailoring them to the keywords in job postings that employers are looking for. Find a group on Reddit or something that critiques resumes and get them to tell you where to improve. Even pay some resume expert like $100 to look at your resume and re-do it.

I'm happy to give your resume a look-over if you want to remove all of the personally identifiable information and then post an image here or private message me. Maybe I'm just incredibly lucky, and I definitely wasn't applying during a pandemic, but over the course of my lifetime I feel like I at least got an interview for 1 in 4 jobs that I've applied for. And if I make it to the interview stage I'm like 50/50 if I get it.

Edited by Yarco

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The economy should soon improve. This is an exceptional period. So don't give up. As vaccines roll out, employers will do much more hiring. So be optimistic.

I thank you for your kind and uplifting words. However, it's not just the lack of jobs available that's been the issue for me. It's also that other candidates that apply for the same exact positions that I applied for always beat me. So, even if employers will hire a lot more people for more jobs, I don't think that I will ever be able to compete well enough for any of them. It's like no employer really cares about me and all of them probably must think that I am a worthless loser. That's also why I feel like my self-esteem and confidence as a worker has become almost non existent. :(

5 hours ago, Yarco said:

I call BS to some extent. I just looked on Indeed.com for my city and there were 2,857 jobs. Many of them low level stuff like fast food restaurants, laundry washing, etc.

If you apply for hundreds of jobs and you get no response, don't bang your head against the wall and send out 100 more. You're clearly doing something wrong. Time to re-group and figure out what that is.

Maybe there are a couple typos in your resume you didn't see, maybe something isn't worded optimally. Maybe you're sending out generic applications instead of tailoring them to the keywords in job postings that employers are looking for. Find a group on Reddit or something that critiques resumes and get them to tell you where to improve. Even pay some resume expert like $100 to look at your resume and re-do it.

I'm happy to give your resume a look-over if you want to remove all of the personally identifiable information and then post an image here or private message me. Maybe I'm just incredibly lucky, and I definitely wasn't applying during a pandemic, but over the course of my lifetime I feel like I at least got an interview for 1 in 4 jobs that I've applied for. And if I make it to the interview stage I'm like 50/50 if I get it.

I understand your suspicions. However, I am telling you that I am being as honest as I can about everything that I am saying. If you had paid attention to what I said in my very first on this thread, I already heavily implied that I did as much re-grouping and figuring out on what it is that I've been doing wrong as much as humanely possible. I've even mentioned before that I gotten so much help on revising my resume from numerous people. My resume is certainly not the best in the world, but it certainly has become very immaculate, 100% professional, and typo-free. I got help from my parents, friends, my sister, brother-in-law, people on this forum, career experts/coaches from webinars and Youtube vids, etc., etc. I even already paid a pro resume expert well over $100 to look at my resume and took that person's advice to the letter to tailor them to the keywords in job postings that employers are looking for and in a way that's totally authentic and unique to me.

Btw, I am a good looking and fit guy with an athletic build that's pretty close to looking like that of a fitness model. Plus, I've always been told that I have excellent fashion sense and a lot of people have told me that I have a relatively deep masculine voice. I don't get why looks, fashion style, and voice have not been helping me out at all. 

Yeah, you must've gotten totally lucky, man. I would do anything to get an interview for 1 in 4 jobs that I applied for and get pass half of the interviews I get. 

Edited by Hardkill

8 hours ago, Brenzo2 said:

Was in the same boat over here in UK. Applied to hundreds of positions only to have none even reply to say I was refused, or not given the position. Just shooting off CVs and resumes into the void. The only thing that turned my situation around was a government funded scheme paying businesses to create a role for individuals out of work due to the pandemic. 

Youre not the only one, things will look up soon. Rough times. 

I wish I could believe that things will be looking up soon. I don't know how you are able to keep hope alive in yourself. Aren't you also worried about being homeless yourself?

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I thank you for your kind and uplifting words. However, it's not just the lack of jobs available that's been the issue for me. It's also that other candidates that apply for the same exact positions that I applied for always beat me. So, even if employers will hire a lot more people for more jobs, I don't think that I will ever be able to compete well enough for any of them.

Dude, you are applying for largely unskilled labor. You don't need to compete hard to get those jobs. Nothing is preventing you from landing such a job. This isn't rocket science.

Besides, you already landed one such job recently. You only lost it due to Covid. You are not thinking straight because you are in fear. You need to adopt a more positive and empowering mindset.

It's like no employer really cares about me

Well, that's true of most employers. But then again, it is no one's job to care about you but you.

and all of them probably must think that I am a worthless loser.

YOU think that!

They are just doing business and looking for competent workers.

That's also why I feel like my self-esteem and confidence as a worker has become almost non existent. :(

That is a problem of your own making and you need to work on that every day with positive visualization exercises. Envision yourself being successful despite your doubts and fears.

Most of the people with narratives like yours I find usually send way too few job applications and then they wonder why they get so few responses. How many applications you're sending? You should be sending at least 100 each week (The more - the better) and then adjusting your resume based on the feedback and responses that you see.

Also, as a resume tip - see what these guys look for in their job descriptions and see common patterns. Then just mirror their job descriptions - obtain skills and requirements that you commonly see or at least start doing that and change your resume letter in reflection of that

Edited by Hello from Russia

On 2. 3. 2021 at 3:56 AM, Hardkill said:

Maybe you have been just extremly unlucky and you need to keep trying. Or maybe you push too hard and that makes you look desperate and you need to relax for while and try again later with a clear mind. Or maybe you overlook something and you need to look at it from a different perspective. I dont know man, just try something you havent try yet ,i wish you luck.

@Leo Gura Leo, after all you've outgrown, do you still think visualization is a powerful tool for achieving goals? Or did you find better techniques?

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

2 hours ago, Superfluo said:

do you still think visualization is a powerful tool for achieving goals?

Absolutely. Visualization is crucial. It is the most powerful tool for achieving anything.

Thank you so much, I needed to know that.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Absolutely. Visualization is crucial. It is the most powerful tool for achieving anything.

Okay, I’ll try doing the positive visualization exercises everyday from now on. Though how do I do without always living in a fantasy world or constantly having pipe dreams?

Edited by Hardkill

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

Though how do I do without always living in a fantasy world or constantly having pipe dreams?

You are already living in a toxic, negative, victim fantasy every day.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are already living in a toxic, negative, victim fantasy every day.

But I mean how do I get out this toxic, negative, victim mindset I am in without being over-optimistic?

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill Somehow I don't think being over-optimistic is something you need to worry about.

Notice that you are even negative on optimism ;)

You should not be visualizing random positive luck, rather you should be visualizing improving those aspects of yourself that you have control over. Then your visualizations are not some pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking but serious intentions for self-actualization goals.

For example, you can visualize yourself being persistent with applying for jobs and ultimately landing a good job. There is nothing unrealistic about that.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hardkill Somehow I don't think being over-optimistic is something you need to worry about.

Notice that you are even negative on optimism ;)

You should not be visualizing random positive luck, rather you should be visualizing improving those aspects of yourself that you have control over. Then your visualizations are not some pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking but serious intentions for self-actualization goals.

For example, you can visualize yourself being persistent with applying for jobs and ultimately landing a good job. There is nothing unrealistic about that.

Ah I see. Okay, that makes sense and seems reasonable. 

Alright, I’ll definitely start giving this a try from now on and see how this goes.

Thank you?