Mu_

Death and Self Understanding...video

6 posts in this topic

This may be advanced stuff, so tread lightly, its not a easy matter so be prepared to feel uncomfortable.

I'll probably make more video's around this subject, particular if people have interest.  I've found looking into death and dying as one of the most profound ways of letting go of fear and attachment.  Feel free to leave any questions or insights.

Thanks, interesting approach to talking about death. It's like youve been reading my mind ?

I've been thinking of doing a guided visualization that would help to face the fear of death, but still considering the right way to go about it. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Thanks, interesting approach to talking about death. It's like youve been reading my mind ?

I've been thinking of doing a guided visualization that would help to face the fear of death, but still considering the right way to go about it. 

Your welcome, ya death is a topic that isn't as straight forward as it seems in terms of approaching it.    Theres fear of death broadly, and then the particulars and these are numerous.  So perhaps if you do a guided visualization, to do so in a way that helps the person narrow down into what it means for themselves as opposed to a assumption of death on your part.  Examples of death notions people have are, being judged by a god that judges, being in some sort of limbo with no body just floating and the fear that may bring being stuck in such,  some fear that it will be painful, or fear that it will leave others in pain, fears that you didn't do enough or make something of yourself, and so on and so on....

@Mu_ ???? splendid.  You have me so much fuel for thought. 

Since my guided visualizations are guided journeys, I was thinking of doing it in a haunted house episode. ?? I think I would address the fear of growing old in same thing. Very connected and huge topic amongst my friends(well when I say huge, they just complain about it but don't want to talk about it.) 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

3 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Can a caterpillar visualize what it is to be a butterfly?

What if it could remember being a moth? 

Lol jk. No I wouldn't want to try and explain death, merely have a guided look to facing it. Like, just stop running and look at it. That sort of thing.