The Buddha

Why Leo has no grace?

119 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Not that I disagree with what you said, but that's kinda missing the point.

The point is that famous people are worshipped & idolized, and they have extremely polished image, that gets even more polished by the second, when in fact they're just ordinary people, like the rest of us. All the heroic stories are nothing but an exaggeration, but a lot of people naively believe and buy into them to fill in certain psychological needs, I would say mostly of insecurity.

Stories of human perfection are for children, and perhaps for recreation. They simply don't match reality.

So you think that grace is just a function of image? Why then does an picture of Papaji show me a kind of shine, his way of sitting, his smile — they just speak. While even the best PR shots of Tom Cruise show that he is just an actor. I don’t think the world is as simple as it all being just good PR, there is a genuine quality in these things. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

1 minute ago, Bodhitree said:

So you think that grace is just a function of image? Why then does an picture of Papaji show me a kind of shine, his way of sitting, his smile — they just speak. While even the best PR shots of Tom Cruise show that he is just an actor. I don’t think the world is as simple as it all being just good PR, there is a genuine quality in these things. 

I would have said that that's only your perception, and that not all people share it, but that's probably obvious to you. So I will say something different: Wait until Tom Cruise dies, and see how the next generations will perceive him differently. It will only take a few generations before people start confusing the act for reality (and many people already do).

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@The Buddha I think this is an easy one: What you call grace is the emanation of that deep sense of stillness and freedom that is oozing out of someone who has truly stopped seeking (because they realized that they had never lost anything in the first place).

Now ask yourself: Does Leo come across to you as a person who has stopped seeking?

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

Leo doesn't struck me as a guy that gives hugs to his friends.

lol

People have personality and style man. Not every guru or teacher has to wear silk clothing, forget to shave, and always look blissed out.

Leo has even said himself he is an intellectual type that's busy thinking up new ideas and insights, which is itself usually messy and doesn't lend itself to grace that well.

hrhrhtewgfegege

He is still working on embodiment. Teachers have varying degrees of embodiment and different types of energy.

Jan Esmann is known to have an especially strong shakti that is very contagious:

Though you also want to be aware of various self-bias mechanisms and the power of suggestion and expectation.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

All the heroic stories are nothing but an exaggeration,

The-burning-monk-1963-small.jpg

I think some people are either not sensitive enough to feel a big difference between Papaji and Tom Cruise or just in denial.

Saying it's just a matter of perception is again a fallacy of bringing an idea from one level of consciousness into another one. It doesn't work like that.

On the mundane level, it's not all just a matter of perspective. 

19 hours ago, The Buddha said:

I disagree, it is quite an universal fact. If not how it is explained things like: all types of animals following Ramana Maharshi, being in joy and peace by his mere presence. They were fucking ecstatic, their faces said it everything, it may be an assumption also but it is quite obvious that his grace was beyond humans, animals and plants and that everyone could feel it.

This is what I am pointing to. You are creating a relative construct and trying to stabilize it as being a "universal fact". This is the creation of an external, objective, normalized reality. It is the same dynamic as what religious fundamentalists and scientists do. 

To me, you are romanticizing relative feelings of joy and peace. Saying 100% of people were 100% joyful / peaceful 100% of the time around Maharshi is nonsensical and absurd. How are you even defining what "joy" and "peace" is? 

What if someone around Maharshi had hemorrhoids and experienced a painful flare up in their rectum? Are you saying that is "joy" and "peace"? 

This is the dilemma of objective absolutism. It is similar to someone saying 100% of the bible is literally true. One has to twist themselves into a bizarre pretzel to maintain the narrative. 

19 hours ago, The Buddha said:

Totally agree, but we are also describing a phenomena that usually happens when very advanced spiritual beings have reached a certain state.

Sure, we can create a construct of "levels" in which "advanced" spiritual beings reach "deeper" states. I see value in these types of relative constructs, yet they are still relative creations. To create a thing called "advanced", we need to relate it to a thing that is "not advanced". 

5 hours ago, Bodhitree said:

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” 
― Terence McKenna

Bro I love that :D

16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Bro I love that :D

16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” 
― Terence McKenna

It's written in the Law of One by Ra that it is our divine right to understand reality that this is what the creator wanted for us.

Understanding reality is a divine birthright for everyone.  We were created for this very purpose.  If you dig deep enough, all of creation will sing to you its praises for having done so.

It is only other apes who think that some apes should not understand reality imo.

Edited by Keyhole

Don't invest in the virtual.
Focus on yourself.

?

1 minute ago, Keyhole said:

It's written in the Law of One by Ra that it is our divine right to understand reality that this is what the creator wanted for us.

Understanding reality is a divine birthright for everyone.  We were created for this very purpose.  If you dig deep enough, all of creation will sing to you its praises for having done so.

He who does not acknowledge his blindspots is doomed to eternal darkness (could be a quote).

Leo has grace. Only a different kind than is typical.  His charisma is off the scale.  

???????

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

He who does not acknowledge his blindspots is doomed to eternal darkness (could be a quote).

That isn't true, it will unravel before your death.  You're nothing more than a robot, a series of programmed actions that will come undone in the face of not having a future.
We already know everything, it is simply the avoidance of death that keeps us in the dark, and society who feels the need to keep others in check.

He who predetermines for another what those blindspots are, generally is more blind, and is no longer focused on reality, but the controlling of another's reality.

We all know what we need to do individually for ourselves.

One could simply direct themselves to love=unity-inner peace, and let the programming take care of itself.  I don't believe that mankind really wants others to do this - because with it comes genuine power.  It is much easier to confuse the individual and make them think they are not moving in the right direction.

Edited by Keyhole

Focus on yourself.

?

5 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

We already know everything, it is simply the avoidance of death that keeps us in the dark

We already know everything but somehow we don't -_-

@Carl-Richard It's true, it just keeps going...  I'm learning this, it is like the concept of abraxas - all the greatest good and horrible evils, and you look at it and it just looks like a quicksilver synapse, and within that, there is all of us, our cities, our towns, nature, how we act, lies, truth, love, murder.

But it is in our systems and near the end, it all comes back, there is something within nature that is hardwired in us for it to come up.
It is balancing greatest good and evil, I like to use this as the analogy for it:

Timestamped near the end.

17054da928ab0654288cb6e9dfb7138a.jpg

No one would be in the dark forever, that isn't ideal, and God is all about the ideal.

Edited by Keyhole

Focus on yourself.

?

@Fran11 The "arab spring" revolution in Algeria started with a burning man too. Only he did not have grace. He seemed to have had been burning in hell.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

2 hours ago, Fran11 said:

The-burning-monk-1963-small.jpg

That's the will of a enlightened soul, absolutely unbreakable.  If there were ever a photo that encapsulates spirituality taken to it's finality this is it.  

Leo ideally should improve his sense of atmosphere and style to be more melodic and emotive. Duh. And this would not counteract his intellecutalizing.