Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TRUTHWITHCAPITALT

My Super Easy steps to meditate like a Mount Hiei Monk

1 post in this topic

Meditation is hard for newbies however way you slice it. I remember when I started meditating almost two years ago. Every minute of it was torture but not anymore. Once I watched all of Leo's mediation videos and experimenting with different ways, I found something that worked for me for a while. Now I meditate for an hour on a daily basis with ease and joy. Here are my steps:

1. Lay down in symmetry as if you are on your death bed
I know people object to this because it may seem contrary to conventional methods but the fact is you are more relaxed when you lay down. Keep in mind that there is enormous work behind the scene to keep you straight. Why bother when you can stop that work by laying down. Don't forget every experience is a meditative experience.
2. Use Mouth tape
If you don't know by now the fact is you are supposed to breathe through your nose. (For more information please read the book Oxygen Advantage by Patrick G McKeown). Simply using mouth tape will silence the monkey mind significantly and you won't be confusing the mind to breathe through mouth or nose. One less neuroticism!
3. Use Face Mask
One of the most important skills to improve your meditation is to watch out for your neuroticism and you have lots of them. Keeping the eyes closed is one work on its own. Why bother to keep your eyes closed when you can put on a face mask. That also reduces a significant portion of monkey mind thoughts.
4. Use Leo's guided meditation
I have used many guided meditations but nothing comes close to Leo's guided mediation. No classical, No cute metaphors or ego comforting statements just pure non-duality wisdom. The moment he says "enjoy your silence" by the end I am in a nondual state.
5. Stay static(The no manipulation technique) whatever happens
I can not stress this enough. Stay in the position you started meditating whatever happens. It itches, don't move. You want to correct your posture don't move. you want to move your head, don't move. When you think about Mount Hiei monks meditating for days in a static position, you have no excuse not to be static for 20minutes or an hour. That is the gateway to a meditative nondual state.

This is how I meditate and I love it and have improved my happiness and clarity enormously. For sure there are other techniques but newies could probably benefit from this.

Much Love to all!