Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Key Elements

[book] Guide To Investing, Robert Kiyosaki (10/10)

1 post in this topic

This book changed me a lot. I read it twice - easy to read. It introduced me to networking, and it led me to find a job that matches my startup. Now I'm partly working online and have a business partner. All these things triggered for me due to this book. This is Kiyosaki's third book - the first one being Rich Dad Poor Dad.

bi_triangle.jpg

This diagram, which is in the book, is a great puzzle to help in discovering your life purpose + startup + passive income. It will have to be paired with the Spiral Dynamics diagram starting at stage orange and going all the way to turquoise. 

A story to help in understanding the triangle diagram (B-I triangle):

Bill and John (One of Kyosaki's story on networking):

There was once a village with a huge water problem. All they had was a huge bin in the middle of the village that supplied all the water. The villagers had to walk a mile away to the nearest river with buckets. After scooping the water in their buckets, they carried the heavy buckets home to dump it in the main, big bin. They used that common water for everything -- drinking, bathing, washing, etc.

Until one day, the leader of the village got tired of all this, and summoned Bill and John to solve this problem. They were known to be the best problem solvers. They immediately set off to work. John went to the general store and bought two huge buckets, and went back and forth from river to bin, working 14 hrs / day, almost non-stop. The villagers appreciated his efforts, and he got paid well for it.

Bill, on the other hand, disappeared. No one knew where he went. Everyone thought he had given up.

Did he? No way! He went networking and came back after 6 month, but he didn't come back with nothing. He came back with two investors, a lawyer's contract, and a water pipeline construction company. He built pipelines from bin to all the villagers' homes. Now, they had at least a bathtub and a sink. The pipeline cooled, warmed, and cleaned the water, so the villagers had no trouble using the water. Bill realized that nearby villages and small towns had this problem, so he built pipelines there too. He got paid only 1 cent / gallon, but that's ok. He got billions of orders.

So, what is this story about? Well, it follows this diagram:

From the book: Guide to Investing by Robert Kiyosaki 

Mission = To provide effective water supply

Leadership = Bill

Team = Bill and Bill's investors

Product = water 

Legal = lawyer's contract 

Systems = pipelines 

Communication = word of mouth

Cashflow = billions of dollars 

Now, actualized.org is Leo's life purpose. You can see that it follows a similar pattern. Except his life purpose is more meaningful than just making money because it incorporates non-duality in it. If you can solve the triangle puzzle and follow through with it (with Spiral Dynamics), you will have your life purpose. You got to couple the triangle diagram (B-I triangle) with the Spiral Dynamics diagram to make it a complete life purpose. Otherwise, it's only about entrepreneurship and the money. The meaning will not go beyond that. You also have to ask yourself, "What skills do I need to solve this puzzle?" And then, go and gain the skills. Here is my life purpose. You could refer to it and use it as an example if you wish. I have not walked my complete journey yet.

Wishing Everyone A Happy Journey! :)