dflores321

Thank you Leo for the Easy healthy soup idea!

40 posts in this topic

How do I convince my parents to cook this soup in my house?

@Leo Gura Aside from obvious immunological manifestations, do you also experience digestive or other GI physical symptoms with SIBO? In other words can SIBO be a silent player wreaking havoc on your gut barrier while showing no other GI symptoms?

2 hours ago, mikelyons said:

@Leo Gura So are you on an all-meat diet or similar?

No, not all-meat, but I am forced to eat lots more of it than I would like for now.

15 minutes ago, Merkabah said:

@Leo Gura Aside from obvious immunological manifestations, do you also experience digestive or other GI physical symptoms with SIBO?

Yes

15 minutes ago, Merkabah said:

In other words can SIBO be a silent player wreaking havoc on your gut barrier while showing no other GI symptoms?

Not in my experience. It is as silent as a baby stung in the eye by a scorpion.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1 liter per day, or per week?

per day..split into 2-3 dosages but should not be taken for more than 7 days

@Leo GuraEDIT: not sure if this will sit right with the SIBO so start with 100ml and see how it feels 

MY WEBSITE  I help young ambitious men who struggle with chronic health problems to awaken their mind & body, to get well and to get aligned with their passion. DM me if you'd like to chat about how I can help you. 

MEN'S HEALTH GROUPCome join us to learn cool new things about health, nutrition and wellbeing.

@Leo Gura Hey Leo, my mom has been dealing with Sibo for a while as well. What’s your current diet and protocol? 

12 hours ago, freejoy said:

Plus Medformin, Niacin.

why would you take the antidiabetic pharmaceutical drug as a part of a healthy diet? I've seen people voluntarily taking Metforming, what the actual heck :D 

12 hours ago, freejoy said:

Maybe a fast to starve off all the bad bacteria first. Then feed the good bacteria some good prebiotics.

I'm not sure that's how it works. Dysbiosis takes years to fix, you can't starve just the bad ones, all of them will be dying out if you stop eating, depending on the colony density ofcourse. If you manage to eradicate entire colonies of good bacteria by starving yourself, you may never get them back. For 90% of your gut bacteria, we don't have probiotics yet. Some of them are there since the time you were born when they were passed onto you as you passed through birth canal. They are the ancestors of those first colonists. Kill them and you kill your mental health 

MY WEBSITE  I help young ambitious men who struggle with chronic health problems to awaken their mind & body, to get well and to get aligned with their passion. DM me if you'd like to chat about how I can help you. 

MEN'S HEALTH GROUPCome join us to learn cool new things about health, nutrition and wellbeing.

@integral Yeah

I wondered about that too. 

I seen a video where they asked him about that and he said baldness was genetic. 

I'm not saying he's got it perfect eather, but the science backs what he says about diet.

There are other things to consider too like karma, metaphysics, and placebo.

I just think he's the best we have currently.

You would think there is no way we could improve the toothbrush, but then someone always seems to come along and makes it better! : )

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

why would you take the antidiabetic pharmaceutical drug as a part of a healthy diet? I've seen people voluntarily taking Metforming, what the actual heck :D 

They noticed people taking Metformin lived longer, less heart disease, etc.  The only side effects is upset stomach for awhile in some people. It increases healthspan. Serious life extension scientist recommend taking it.  It's also listed as one of the safest drugs. Its been used for decades.    

I'm not a health expert.  Lookup "metformin life extension" you find some information.

I'm not sure that's how it works. Dysbiosis takes years to fix, you can't starve just the bad ones, all of them will be dying out if you stop eating, depending on the colony density ofcourse. If you manage to eradicate entire colonies of good bacteria by starving yourself, you may never get them back. For 90% of your gut bacteria, we don't have probiotics yet. Some of them are there since the time you were born when they were passed onto you as you passed through birth canal. They are the ancestors of those first colonists. Kill them and you kill your mental health

You are correct. The way I understand it, some of the good bacteria are going to take a hit also. But then with prebiotics one starts feeding the good bacteria and they crowd out the bad bacteria. Plus, I don't think you have fast, they'll crowd out anyway with time. Fasting might speed things up alot.

I'm not really into "just" natural stuff.  It's all basically all "natural" to me.

You know even the Bible says God gave us dominion over this world. I guess that includes even the atoms and DNA in the long run. : )

Edited by freejoy

5 minutes ago, freejoy said:

They noticed people taking Metformin lived longer, less heart disease, etc. 

Hmm I wonder if it is for people who are already prediabetic or have the pre-metabolic syndrome. I can't imagine it giving added values to an otherwise healthy lifestyle. We still don't understand 100% of its effects

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1 liter per day, or per week?

That's how physics works. Heavy shit sinks to the bottom.

Place a few BBs on top of a jar of sugar, shake the jar, and see where the BBs end up.

Definitely not. I have not eaten a fruit or vegetable in months.

The heavy metal ions are soluble in water, meaning they are all over the place in the water - not just in the bottom

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

“To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float." - Alan Watts

Posted (edited)

heavy metals in animals are usually in the form of a compound, organometallic, like methylmercury, which have a high affinity towards being solvated in fatty tissues. Heavy metals that are in a dispersed form like they are in ionic form or as organometallic compounds won't sink to the bottom. I guess neutral heavy metal nanoparticles can sink with no agitation of the solution (broth) but not likely as particle sizes are too small for it to have a practical difference.

Edited by Tarzan

Posted (edited)

On 3/2/2021 at 0:46 AM, Leo Gura said:

Not with SIBO. SIBO uses the fruits and veggies to multiply and release bad toxins in your body.

Being a vegetarian is all fun and games until you get SIBO, then you're fucked.

Few things from what I have gathered: 

1. I'm not sure if that's what you are eluding to, but a vegetarian diet alone doesn't cause SIBO- it can definitely exacerbate the issue since the bacteria feed off of the fiber. Causes include low stomach acid, stress and poor gut motility among others. 

2. SIBO can be eradicated, although the chance of relapse exists. Fixing the underlying root cause(s) and adopting the necessary lifestyle changes should keep reinfection at bay. 

3. @Leo Gura Not eating fruit or veg for months cannot be healthy in the short term or the long term. If I were you, I would prioritize this part of my life. Do you have any mental/ cognitive issue or are the symptoms mainly physical? 

To anyone reading this: I wouldn't take gut issues lightly. That shit needs to be taken seriously. 

Edited by IWJ

12 hours ago, Mannyb said:

@Leo Gura Hey Leo, my mom has been dealing with Sibo for a while as well. What’s your current diet and protocol? 

I am not getting into that here. It's complex stuff.

You can find books on Amazon.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I am not getting into that here. It's complex stuff.

You can find books on Amazon.

Cool thanks 🙏🏼 

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura Have you looked into the Carnivore diet? If you are then pls watch this video:

I know factory farming and GMOs are a big issue in the meat industry, so if you want to be 100% safe than I recommend you buy yourself a hunting rifle.

If you can’t hunt, try scouting for the most organic of meats, your local butcher, and organic store, I heard the ‘butcher box’ website has really organic grass fed meat. 

Pro tip: A lot of carnivores actually will consume small amounts of raw  liver (very small amounts, pieces half the size of my thumb) every day to act as a kind of multivitamin.

Another pro tip: You can consume dairy on the carnivore diet but it has to be raw unpasteurized.

The carnivore diet has been known to fix gut issues such as IBS, SIBO, etc... But in the short term first month you will experience discomfort and maybe even diarrhea as your body is getting used to so much fat and meat, you may have to temporarily lower the amounts of fat you consume.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

''To be happy we must not be too concerned with others''.

Albert Camus