dflores321

Thank you Leo for the Easy healthy soup idea!

40 posts in this topic

Just appreciating Leo's contribution in nutrition with one of his older videos. 

The idea of making a huge healthy soup once a week and having some everyday is awesome, and resonates with me for one of my biggest values: Simplicity. 

Things are a lot easier and less stressful when we keep our diets simple and healthy, fuck it, I'll eat the same thing everyday if it increases clarity and energy. 

For anyone who wants to start with this soup I'll share the stuff I made my soup with, no measurements included, I trust you to come up with your own portions! 

-Bok Choy 

-Celery

-Cherry Tomatos

-Mushrooms

-Green Onions

-Chicken Broth (Many benefits from the collagen :) , important!)

-Broccoli 

-Bell Peppers 

-Pink salt and Black Pepper

This is it! Enjoy :) .

Edited by dflores321

" ..." 

-The Buddha

10 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

"How to Shop for Healthy Foods" is still one of his most relevant videos

@RendHeaven For sure, that one really drilled the importance of nutrition in my head. 

" ..." 

-The Buddha

Watch out with broth, it can contain lots of heavy metals.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

I don't know. Must do research on each brand.

16 hours ago, dflores321 said:

Chicken Broth (Many benefits from the collagen :) , important!)

if you want a clean brain free from heavy metals, stay away from this stuff.  It is physiologically not possible just move collagen from a chicken to your own collagen-rich tissue, It is a huge molecule and has to be broken down into individual amino acids that may as well end up making new red blood cells or becoming the new layer of your stomach once the top layer sheds of.  Also consider that bone tissue is the slowest turnover tissue in the body so the stuff locked in there will stay there for good and it is molecules like lead, cadmium and mercury that have the highest affinity for this sort of tissue. Chicken broth may as well be called heavy metal soup. Not even organic is safe. 

Collagen supplements are the same, mostly just overpriced amino acids shamelessly advertised by shady marketers

Veggie broths are safe and possibly as effective. You don't need to consume animal tissue to produce new collagen, in fact it is better if you don't. Glycine and proline (main collagen components) are super easily extracted from things like beans or oats. 

MY WEBSITE  I help young ambitious men who struggle with chronic health problems to awaken their mind & body, to get well and to get aligned with their passion. DM me if you'd like to chat about how I can help you. 

MEN'S HEALTH GROUPCome join us to learn cool new things about health, nutrition and wellbeing.

@Michael569 I wonder what happens if you buy bone broth, let it stand still, and suck it up from the top through a straw or turkey baster, leaving the heavy metals at the very bottom. It should work in theory since the heavy metals should sink to the very bottom of the container as long as you don't shake or stir it.

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I wonder what happens if you buy bone broth, let it stand still, and suck it up from the top through a straw or turkey baster, leaving the heavy metals at the very bottom.

Technically yah...maybe but I wouldn't risk it. Collagen gets replaced all the time and made out of 3 amino acids + a lot of vitamin C and energy, all easily get from plants. For example, adding 1/2 a head of cabbage provides so much glycine that it should cover all your needs for couple of days and since glycine is super easy to transaminate the body can just put it wherever it needs to go. This is also why cabbage juice is so incredible for healing leaky gut, Joe Pizzorno says in his detox book that 1 week of juicing 1 litre of cabbage juice may heal the gut completely but he recommends no more because it is a goitrogen in such huge amounts and blocks iodine in thyroid. Most people drink bone broth because they believe in some sort of miraculous joint healing properties but there isn't really any persuasive evidence for that (doesn't mean there is none). I'd still stick to organic veggie bone broth with some extra tofu for more diversity of amino acids. 

MY WEBSITE  I help young ambitious men who struggle with chronic health problems to awaken their mind & body, to get well and to get aligned with their passion. DM me if you'd like to chat about how I can help you. 

MEN'S HEALTH GROUPCome join us to learn cool new things about health, nutrition and wellbeing.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Michael569 I wonder what happens if you buy bone broth, let it stand still, and suck it up from the top through a straw or turkey baster, leaving the heavy metals at the very bottom. It should work in theory since the heavy metals should sink to the very bottom of the container as long as you don't shake or stir it.

I don't think that's how the chemistry works

“To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float." - Alan Watts

Posted (edited)

You guys made me paranoid about heavy metals. Can't even enjoy my sushi. ¬¬

Edited by StarStruck

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura That video was made a while ago, are you still able to digest that soup? Considering the gut issues. 

Glutamate and excitotoxins are another major issue with bone broth.  

Edited by integral

9 hours ago, Michael569 said:

This is also why cabbage juice is so incredible for healing leaky gut, Joe Pizzorno says in his detox book that 1 week of juicing 1 litre of cabbage juice may heal the gut completely

1 liter per day, or per week?

9 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

I don't think that's how the chemistry works

That's how physics works. Heavy shit sinks to the bottom.

Place a few BBs on top of a jar of sugar, shake the jar, and see where the BBs end up.

5 hours ago, integral said:

@Leo Gura are you still able to digest that soup? Considering the gut issues.

Definitely not. I have not eaten a fruit or vegetable in months.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have not eaten a fruit or vegetable in months.

That’s definitely not healthy. Can’t you just force yourself to eat it?

"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Can’t you just force yourself to eat it?

For an explosive diarrhea and pain? I have had similar gut issues, it's no fun.

Edited by Girzo

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

That’s definitely not healthy. Can’t you just force yourself to eat it?

Not with SIBO. SIBO uses the fruits and veggies to multiply and release bad toxins in your body.

Being a vegetarian is all fun and games until you get SIBO, then you're fucked.

@Leo Gura So are you on an all-meat diet or similar?

I wanted to be vegetarian but I found that I would have health problems every time I tried, and haven't tried an all-meat diet yet, but so many successful seeming people like Lex Fridman eat only meat.

I can't believe Leo eats meat!

: )

I go to Enlightenment experts for Enlightenment, food experts for diet stuff.

Beans, greens, fruits, nuts, grains, berries.

Plus Medformin, Niacin.

Just goes to show there's just to many books to read.

Maybe a fast to starve off all the bad bacteria first. Then feed the good bacteria some good prebiotics.