bastih

Is telling someone about your affirmation practice counterproductive?

7 posts in this topic

hi, I feel like every time I tell someone about the things that I want to achieve I never really achieve them. I've noticed that a long time ago and I really believed it. I've started doing affirmations a month ago and my girlfriend asked me what I was doing. I've realised that I don't wanna tell her about it because I'm scared just because I tell somebody about it, it will not come true. But at the same time I feel like it's so irrational to think that just telling her about my affirmations would make the worthless. But on the other hand if its something programmed in my brain subconsciously it might be harmful since my beliefs create reality. What should I do? 

Yes it's irrational. I too, since a child, noticed that when I thought something particular was going to happen, it never did. And I formed a belief around that. Now it seems to be the opposite ?. So in other words, don't worry so much about it and just do your affirmations. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Yes it's irrational. I too, since a child, noticed that when I thought something particular was going to happen, it never did. And I formed a belief around that. Now it seems to be the opposite ?. So in other words, don't worry so much about it and just do your affirmations. 

May I ask you how did you form a belief?

Sure, but when you figure out how beliefs are formed, you may have to fill me in.  

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Hi, I’m pretty new to affirmations, may I ask for some advice on how to start? Thank you

I would start by watching those 2 videos. I do affirmations for 5 minutes and then I follow with 5 mins ofVisualization. But you need to find your best way that suits you the best imo.