Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levani

dangers of increasing consciousness

11 posts in this topic

what are the dangers associated with increasing consciousness, i want to make sure i'm ready to face the challenges of it, particularly kriya yoga

@levani Your (ego) survival will be threatened. Until you realize ego (false sense of self/perceived entity) is an illusion. 

@nistake for example ?

i think if i can't identify with myself, i'll "die" innit

Edited by levani

@levani Different sorts of traumas may surface, heavy egoic reactions, long term ego backlash, dark night of the soul. Just to name a few.

Anyway, if you have some sort of established spiritual practise and pace yourself, you're gonna be just fine. Don't worry about "dying" and stuff like that.

Feeling the need to prepare yourself for something scary that might occur in the future is only fear occurring right now. Increasing consciousness is a falling back into pure awareness right now, if you are aware of fear right now that is the only fear and the only "time" fear can be seen through. What is it? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

The dangers are psychological.  To expand on @Natasha's point I've found that after extensive work the ego can have backlash.  It is where the ego bucks and writhes with emotional pain.  You can experience some intense levels of fear and desire to do behaviors that perpetuate the ego's growth and existence.  You could have great urge to do toxic and addictive behaviors and in more extreme cases have suicidal thoughts.  It's important to keep in perspective that this spiritual sickness can be a natural part of the process of moving towards the goal and to respond in a healthy manner.  

The level that this issue arises is proportional with how much and how intensely you practice.  So if you are going at an easy pace you will likely only have very mild issues here and there.  

Increasing consciousness will probably change how you relate with other people, so one of the 'dangers' is how this affects your relationships with family and friends, who aren't on the same path. Especially if your practice needs much time devoting to it, and changes to belief systems, they may feel a bit neglected and not understanding what you're doing. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@levani

It's impossible to increase consciousness. You can just realize that you are consciousness.

Relax the attention to what is not changing in the direct experience as often as possible. ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x