Lyubov

Men, work on your style! (clothing)

19 posts in this topic

fashion = designer trends and big brands trying to sell something new each season

style = your own personal tastes for clothes and what you make of it.

I've noticed so many men dress either acceptably or poorly. Let's set aside economic barriers for now in this thread. If you are struggling financially there are probably other things to focus on first before this.

I've noticed that good style really makes a difference in how receptive women are towards me. Not just a nice shirt and pants that fit well and some shoes but really making sure everything I'm wearing looks good and I stand out in the crowd. This includes accessories, jewelry, a watch, nice hat, a wallet chain, etc. Also, COLOR! Having a mix of colors and patterns that look nice. Not just muted colors like sweatpants grey. A guy with average to mediocre looks but who is wearing an awesome button up, cool jeans, shoes that stand out, a cool hat and a few rings, necklace, etc and some sun shades really stands out and looks good. Throw in a few well done tattoos as well if that's your thing.

I'm walking around and see so many guys just doing the bare minimum with their style. Maybe you finally got some clothes that fit but your style is still sorta bland... WORK ON IT! Improving your style is fun too. Don't be cheap either. If you are shopping mall brands you are going to be wearing something that 90% other guys are. Research brands and find unique stuff that stands out to you. Women really do notice when a guy puts effort into his outfit and they appreciate this quite a bit. 

Edited by Lyubov

But L̶e̶o̶ Lyubov, what if my style + bliss is found in not worrying about appearence??

It's Love.

@Lyubov Well said. By the way, weren't you the one that told me to dress like that guy in the size XXXL jeans on a related post? xD

For me this is one of those areas where you have to experiment a bit to find your style. It's basically trial/error.

Another trick is to make a distinction between "practical clothes" and "casual-but-stylish clothes". For example, I'm an avid hiker and outdoorsy guy, so I have some fleeces and hiking pants, which is good for those activities. But those clothes are not so good for a day out in the town (or anytime you want to be seen). It pays you back well to have both kinds of clothes and use them depending on the context!

1 hour ago, RendHeaven said:

But L̶e̶o̶ Lyubov, what if my style + bliss is found in not worrying about appearence??

Nothing wrong with that. do as you wish. don't expect your bliss to open every door though so this advice is for guys who are wanting to improve with women.  

57 minutes ago, WonderSeeker said:

@Lyubov Well said. By the way, weren't you the one that told me to dress like that guy in the size XXXL jeans on a related post? xD

For me this is one of those areas where you have to experiment a bit to find your style. It's basically trial/error.

Another trick is to make a distinction between "practical clothes" and "casual-but-stylish clothes". For example, I'm an avid hiker and outdoorsy guy, so I have some fleeces and hiking pants, which is good for those activities. But those clothes are not so good for a day out in the town (or anytime you want to be seen). It pays you back well to have both kinds of clothes and use them depending on the context!

jncobus.png

jinco jeans = pussy magnet xD

3 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

In the grand scheme of things it may be irrelevant but we still live in a physical world... Don't we? 

Appearance does matter, but also don't become neurotic about it.

Going to extremes is what fucks with us. I remember almost a year ago I became so "spiritual" that appearance and style to me me was laughable and I started to look down at people who worried about these things.

But if you want to function in this world as a social being your physical appearance matters. (Not as much as your communication skills but it does help)

2 hours ago, Lyubov said:

Nothing wrong with that. do as you wish. don't expect your bliss to open every door though so this advice is for guys who are wanting to improve with women.  

jncobus.png

jinco jeans = pussy magnet xD

There's actually nothing wrong with what he wore as long as he could attract more eyes and did what he intended.

Edited by hyruga

3096B964-D698-48A8-B598-42FF84B730C5.jpeg

If you want timeless tips this is a good book.  The late Glenn O’Brien was the ‘style guy’ at GQ for years.

Sometimes taking clothes off is better. Just saying. :P

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Sometimes taking clothes off is better. Just saying. :P

What looks more appealing to tear off? 

a gift wrapped in a brown paper bag

Or a gift wrapped in a beautifully printed pattern 

:D

37 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Interesting. I'd rather focus on the gift though. Wrappers are going to be thrown into the bin anyway. 

Just imagine you got a brick as a Christmas present wrapped in beautiful sparkly wrapping paper. Now that would be too bad. In that case, I would rather keep the sparkly paper :D

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

Wrapping paper is often misleading...

6 hours ago, Peter Miklis said:

Never gave an F about style

Yet you pick certain clothes over others, so notice how you actually do care about style. Just on a minimal scale. ;) 

@Lyubov why not snap a few selfies. Give us, trashy dressers, few ideas ^_^

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

13 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

@Lyubov why not snap a few selfies. Give us, trashy dressers, few ideas ^_^

I'll share with you the brands I like here to give you an idea of my style. I personally like "Americana", work ware, and vintage stuff that feels a bit western and motorcycle rider but not frumpy like some old biker or redneck lol. Stuff that looks kinda rugged but has an elegance and artistic touch. To me personally it feels very masculine and I really like that feeling :) Think Levis classic style with a modern and artistic twist.

I plan to buy this shirt: https://www.ralphlauren.com/brands-double-rl-men-shop-all-cg/indigo-jacquard-workshirt/577422.html?dwvar577422_colorname=Brown Multi&cgid=brands-double-rl-men-shop-all-cg&webcat=search#ns=shopall&start=1&cgid=brands-double-rl-men-shop-all-cg

Yes, it is expensive but don't let budget be a barrier. You can shop for cool stuff way less at vintage stores and online if you look around and get an idea of what you like.

https://www.ironheart.co.uk/ I like this brand for jeans 

https://www.selfedge.com/

https://standardandstrange.com/

These two shops carry tons of cool brands 

https://freenotecloth.com/

https://www.taylorstitch.com/

https://www.kapital.jp/

more brands

https://www.instagram.com/brianthebootmaker/

boots

https://www.sunsurf.jp/

some awesome shirts for the summer. love shirts with colorful patterns like this. I feel like a beautiful peacock :D 

again, these clothes are more on the expensive side but don't let budget hinder you. there are brands like Levis that put out some wonderful stuff that aren't too pricey. your style may be totally different too so just keep an eye out for clothes that you thinks look cool, could be in youtube videos, movies, tv, when you go out, etc. Make a mental note of it and do some research on styles that feel nice and beautiful to you!

Edited by Lyubov

40 minutes ago, At awe said:

Wrapping paper is often misleading...

I guess it's up to you to do the inner work along side it to prove them wrong ;)

2 hours ago, Lyubov said:

I guess it's up to you to do the inner work along side it to prove them wrong ;)

I began with the inner work...now I can wear sweatpants and mismatched socks and still get the woman I’m interested in pretty much every time. Then again I’m sapiosexual witch solves usually the gift wrap issue?

I would totally suck at pick up. 

1 hour ago, At awe said:

I began with the inner work...now I can wear sweatpants and mismatched socks and still get the woman I’m interested in pretty much every time. Then again I’m sapiosexual witch solves usually the gift wrap issue?

I would totally suck at pick up. 

In this case this advice is not for you. glad you found what works for you :) 

I also don't consider this advice "pick up." I loathe that word lol. it's just general advice for men who want to make themselves more attractive. Men for ages have been dressing themselves up in silly stuff to look appealing, from powdered wigs to bear skin.

Edited by Lyubov

This is useful even for men who dont want to do pickup. Halo effect is a hell of a thing.

Edited by Espaim