Arian

Do you talk and argue with people in your mind ?

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys dose anyone have the habit of constantly talking and arguing with people in your mind ? Is this part of the ego mind ? What is the reason and cause of it ?

@blackchair hmm if you mean that's duality yeah right lol so I'm guessing it comes from the ego ?

All ego minds do this to a certain degree.

Just like how we create an image of ourselves in our mind, we also create an image of others in our mind. And we edit the images, add to the images, and rearrange the images constantly.

It's essentially an ego image of the external world.

Just like how we have a mental ego image of ourselves. We also have mental ego images of other people.

This is where a lot of Law of Attraction and trippy Parallel Universe stuff comes in. Where if you can change the ego images that you create of people, then their behavior towards you will often change. Because ultimately, there is no separation. It's quite eery and creepy when you see how it works. haha 

Some people dont have a inner monologue. 

They dont think with language, or in the sense of talking to themselves. They dont read or write with any voice in there head. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

No. I don't argue with people 99% of the time in my mind. 

I also hardly argue with myself.

16 hours ago, Arian said:

What is the reason and cause of it ?

The only place where you can talk other people is in your mind. That's the cause.

Now the reason: you are talking to other people because you're trying to understand them, and your interactions with them.

@integral interesting, thanks i was wondering about the connection of language to thoughts too.

Oh, definitely, almost all the time! It’s hard to stop myself. A lot of times I feel like I need to prove myself to these “people” in my mind. It’s pretty funny when I think about it from a distance, haha

@SuicidalBug exactly it's the same for me but why the mind needs to prove itself so much ? Is it one of egos defence mechanism ?

No need to for pseudo-psychology, much less pseudo-spirituality. You are a social animal and one of your mind's basic jobs is to prove itself to other people!

Yeah... pretty synchronistic because it's been happening a lot lately at work. I think I'm helping myself say things to people in my head that I want to say but wouldn't actually say to like.. get it out of my system. Sometimes it's angry things or nice things that for some reason I feel like I wouldn't say. I'd call the whole thing daydreaming though is really what it is for me.

That's pretty interesting.  I have realised lately that I argue in my mind a LOT with other people about what they've done or should have done or shouldn't do. Often people that I care about or people that irritate me in some way.

What I've found more recently, is that if I take something that is annoying me enough to be arguing in my head about it, and I listen very carefully to what I'm saying and then start writing down what it is that I'm annoyed about (writing seems to be important for some reason) and then start writing down some ideas about WHY I'm annoyed about that; I find that there is a lot of really useful information there.  Invariably I find that it's some part of my mind trying to communicate something important to the conscious part of me. (i.e. I am actually talking to myself) Basically that whatever is irritating me is a match for some trauma in my past.  This has been a really valuable way of digging up my hidden beliefs about the world and a really valuable way of clearing trauma.  This is the path that led me to find hidden trauma and getting mdma therapy to begin processing that.  I think that the fear from trauma prevented me from actually interacting with people, leaving me to have these imaginary conversations that never processed the energy because they weren't real conversations.  The real conversations were hard for me especially at the beginning but the arguing imaginary battles in my mind has reduced.  I'm guessing the energy behind them has been getting dissipated in some way.

On 27.2.2021 at 11:40 AM, Arian said:

Hey guys dose anyone have the habit of constantly talking and arguing with people in your mind ? Is this part of the ego mind ? What is the reason and cause of it ?

Yeah, I used to do this more often. I have this one friend who is very rational/materialistic and a bit conservative so he kind of became this caricature of those beliefs in my mind.

The reason might be that we are insecure about our own beliefs and views so we create an internal fight, projecting the rivaling beliefs into another person.

This can also be helpful, by having a positive conversation, not debating. I often have talks with Leo or Nahm, and even God in my head, tapping into their energy and it is not at all unusual to have great insights. One of those insight is that these people are me, of course, so I'm really just channeling my own wisdom. :D

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"