jerrypua

Finally!! I Found My Life Purpose... But, Resistance Is Killing Me

16 posts in this topic

First of all I want to thank Leo because the Life Purpose Course changed my life in an unthinkable way, and I actually believe that I wouldn't have been able to discover my life purpose without the program. I literally almost emptied a large notebook of 100 pages. Thanks Leo, you opened my eyes, you gave me an opportunity to see beyond my tunnel vision.

What caught me by surprise though is that I didn't expect to feel so much resistance. I thought once I discover my LP everything was going to be roses, no resistance, no self-doubt, no distractions, and here I am, talking about it.

These last few weeks resistance has been fucking me in the ass, violating me with all its power, and cumming in my face... I've been its little bitch and it's time to turn that around, it's time to take resistance by the neck, put it on all fours, slay that bitch and destroy its anus.

Leo actually explained that we will feel that way but I didn't believe him, my self-deception was that everything, since the discovery of my LP, was going to be easy and effortless and what I found is that it takes twice (or even thrice) as the effort as you may think it would take you.

The forms that resistance takes in my life is:

- Perfectionism - I'm a massive perfectionist and while some people think that's good, it's the total opposite, it paralyzes me completely so I take little or no action.

- Over-planning.

- Facebook/Instagram scrolling.

- Google Browsing.

- Watching Youtube videos - This one is very tricky, it's clear that watching stupid prank or funny videos is just a waste of time and a distraction, but sometimes when we actually watch self-help, self-improvement, business, marketing, etc., videos is just a way of resistance and a way of not doing your work. I took a look at this shit in my life and what I did is I deleted Youtube from my phone and I'm only allowed to use YT on my laptop. I installed an app that hides suggested videos and comments so when I get into Youtube I have no way of distracting myself there, I only watch what I'm looking for. (The app is called "Unhook - Remove Youtube Recommended Videos." It's a Google Chrome Extension btw.)

- Cryptocurrency

- And a handful of many other things.

The point I want to make is many times resistance will be obvious, but also, many times resistance will be very subtle. You may tell yourself "Oh by doing this, by watching this video, by reading this book, by browsing this thing on Google, by creating a perfect plan, by taking a walk in the park and clearing my mind I'm being productive," let me tell you, no you're not, you're just avoiding doing your work.

Also Don't get me wrong, there might be occasions where you actually need to read that book, watch that video, take that walk and clear your mind, but make sure you're not self-deceiving telling yourself you're being productive when you're actually just avoiding doing what you need to be doing.

I just want to say, I'm still dealing with resistance and trying to overcome it. If any of you guys want to share an insight, advice, or experience with resistance, please leave us a comment. I would love to hear from you, and I'm sure a few other people would too.

Edited by jerrypua
Misspelled

Excellent

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, John Lula said:

@jerrypua Good for you! May I ask what you figured out?

One of the things I realized is that no amount of money could make me happy. I've been imagining myself being a billionaire but not doing what I love... and finally understood that it wouldn't make me even 1% happier.

I'd be still the same person, with the same fears, beliefs, and biases. Nothing would change in me.

What makes me happy and fulfilled is doing my work, sharing my gifts with the world, and following my bliss.

I wouldn't trade this for all the money in the world...

I'm going to fucking die, some day, maybe tomorrow, who knows, life's unpredictable...

I don't want to die with tons of regrets in my life... He'll no!

And I'm not saying money is bad or is evil, in fact... I love money and one of my goals is to become a multi-millionaire, but...

The key is to connect your life purpose, your life calling to your business so you can make money doing what you love.

Your life might be different though, maybe you'll need to build a business that you don't enjoy doing it and make a couple bucks so you can have free time and money to invest into what you like doing, but...

I decided not to go through that route... I enjoy doing what I'm doing and I'm learning so much about myself that I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Plus, my life calling makes people's lives better, so...

If by doing what I love, I can make money, I can grow as a person, and other people's lives can improve too... What else can I ask for?

Like I said before, I still feel resistance like crazy, sometimes I don't feel like doing my work and cravings arise, but I'll keep pushing no matter what. Even if I don't achieve anything in my life I will die trying it.

Don't sell yourself short! Don't let greed steal your happiness.

"You have the right to work, but for the work's sake only. You have no right to the fruits of work. Desire for the fruits of work must never be your motive in working." - Bhagavad Gita 

I love the personal mantra of " Resistance must be fought anew every day " . Very true. Although you can certainly make the whole process easier by putting willpower effort and planning into a structure that makes your grind more efortless and automatic

If your goal is to pump out videos in front of the camera, invest in a small home studio, have all the camaras lighting batteries tripods  backrgound  notes editing program clean desk on point, for example.

Figure out the details of your structure. Y

ou could read the Path of Leat resistance. It has some really good insights on that point. Just by the name you can get some good insights.

But most importantly, just do. More and more and more .

Thanks for the old  Tyler stuff folder btw

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Nice i havent found it its been 5 years ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@mmKay Thanks... I have that book, I'll read it for sure... just ended up reading The War of Art and it perfectly describes what's happening to me.. I thought I was the only one lol

@Abdelghafar Yw man

This is excellent. Very insightful and nicely written.

Also, the metaphors turned me on a little.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Huh, that's really interesting as I've never heard of resistance, but like you feel it every second of the day. But this is where stage blue is so critical in the hard work and not giving up. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

I, too, fucked some resistance in the ass yesterday (and made a first video )

It was hot:$

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

When I take a cold shower, which I never want to do, I tell myself "just this one time, and tomorrow I can take a hot, steamy shower." I end up taking a cold shower every day :)

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

The obstacle is the way. The obstacle is resistance. Let go of resistance.

In Tate we trust