BlackPhil

Why doesnt Leo go on Lex Fridman?

23 posts in this topic

You should! Would be a good way to spread your ideas and your channel and would also be interesting to see your discussion with a science-minded person like him (with a science-based audience who need their minds opened more to this). Would be a better/more interesting interview for this topic than lets say Joe Rogan.

There have been some guests there who touch on the subject but they either get it abit wrong or dont go deep enough.

Edited by BlackPhil

You can't sell this shit. It must be discovered.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@BlackPhil You assume such people would have enough wisdom to speak to me. That's a huge assumption.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura If I'm going to be honest, isn't that assumption from you a bit condescending? What if he does? I mean he is an AI researcher from MIT....so maybe he does have the cognitive capability to at least FATHOM what you have to say. I'm not saying you should go on his podcast (you probably don't care for that publicity anyways), it's just that assumption in itself is very condescending.

P.S. I still find your content EXTREMEMELY eye opening and has been helpful in my own life, but I also believe in the power of constructive criticism :)  

1 hour ago, kray said:

@Leo Gura If I'm going to be honest, isn't that assumption from you a bit condescending? What if he does?

But what if he doesn't? ;)

See, then it isn't condescending, it is merely accurate.

I mean he is an AI researcher from MIT....so maybe he does have the cognitive capability to at least FATHOM what you have to say.

Oh, he can certainly fathom it, but is he wise enough to actually know he needs to speak with me?

You see the difference?

it's just that assumption in itself is very condescending.

No, it's simply the case.

You should not expect any podcaster or interviewer to value or appreciate what I teach. They are blissfully ignorant of what they are ignorant off. This is not a judgment or a personal attack on them, it's just the natural condition of non-God-realized people.

You are assuming it is I who don't want to go, when it is they who do not want me.

It is like you are perplexed at why vampires don't invite the sun to their dinner party ;)

@Leo Gura How about batgap? Surely they should be inviting you, since you have a million subscribers, rather than all the nobodies that are interviewed every week.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura How about batgap? Surely they should be inviting you, since you have a million subscribers, rather than all the nobodies that are interviewed every week.

That’s a good one! Although it’s hard to yet imagine Leo on another podcast, it’d be awesome.

@BlackPhil I agree with Leo, it would be like a 17th century puritanical family of settlers inviting black phillip to their homestead. They are just not yet aware of wanting to live deliciously ? ?

At the end of the day it will happen when a podcaster decides to invite Leo and he decides to accept going in, until then let’s enjoy whatever happens.

Edited by Mannyb

He should go on the Joe Rogan show. Together with Elon Musk and Joey Diaz. It would surely cause some kind of black hole in the matrix

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

55 minutes ago, vizual said:

He should go on the Joe Rogan show. Together with Elon Musk and Joey Diaz. It would surely cause some kind of black hole in the matrix

OmgxD

On 2021-02-27 at 4:28 AM, Leo Gura said:

@BlackPhil You assume such people would have enough wisdom to speak to me. That's a huge assumption.

Well, I havent watched that much from him but from what Ive seen he takes in all kinds of people, from comedians to philosophers to psychedelic scientists etc. And Ive also noticed they bring up consciousness alot and he seems very interested in what it is (probably because hes into AI and has the delusion consciousness is something we can create with science/nanotech). 

There have been a few people mentioning non-duality and spirituality aswell. But they dont go deep like I said.

Maybe he just doesnt know much about what youre teaching in your videos and therefore dont have the "wisdom" to ask you to come.

If people put some pressure perhaps he would do the interview.

And yes I know much of his audience probably isnt very open-minded to this kind of stuff, but thats the exact reason it needs to reach them more than any. The way you explain this stuff is more scientific and rational than most other gurus and spiritual teachers and has a bigger chance of opening the minds of stage orange people etc.

These teachings need to reach a broader audience, not only the people who already know about it and practice spirutuality themselves.

Edited by BlackPhil

On 2021-02-27 at 1:29 PM, Mannyb said:

That’s a good one! Although it’s hard to yet imagine Leo on another podcast, it’d be awesome.

@BlackPhil I agree with Leo, it would be like a 17th century puritanical family of settlers inviting black phillip to their homestead. They are just not yet aware of wanting to live deliciously ? ?

Thats often exactly what needs to happen to stir up some needed change.

Edited by BlackPhil

On 26/2/2021 at 9:28 PM, Leo Gura said:

Two positions about this in my head:

1: Why not take this opportunity to expand a fellow human's consciousness or use the medium to expand the viewers' consciousness?

2: I guess you're right in the sense that, like a scared and astray dog will take the intentions of a human that wants to to pet it, pick it up and nurture it to give it a better life as a as a threat, Lex can misinterpret yor material. 

I lean toward the first one. But then again, a wise one generally will wait until he gets called into the show instead of asking him to interview you.

Edited by Nanana

3 hours ago, Nanana said:

Why not take this opportunity to expand a fellow human's consciousness

I can only help expand the consciousness of one who wants it expanded.

10 hours ago, Nanana said:

1: Why not take this opportunity to expand a fellow human's consciousness or use the medium to expand the viewers' consciousness?

Why not try to teach a 3 year old algebra?

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Why not try to teach a 3 year old algebra?

Its true it will be pointless with many of the people. But definitly not everyone. There are many who just havent been exposed to this kind of information and  therefore are clueless because of that. I know of several people who used to be very stage orange-minded but got their minds changed and are now open to spirituality (myself included until I had some spontaneous astral projections and spiritual experiences as a teen) .

Just hearing these teachings will atleast put the possibility in the back of their minds even if they at first dont get it. Then maybe later in their lifes they try some psychedelics or something that expands their consciousness and with this background knowledge it could help them "make sense" of it and in time help them wake up.

Its painful to watch these supposed "brilliant" people like Eric Weinstein etc sit and endlessly discuss/debate things unsolvable from their materialistic/old paradigm perspective. The people of the world need exposure to these deeper thruths in order to faster expand our collective consciousness.

Stage orange-ish people wont ever even give a second to listen to gurus who talk in riddles (Sadguru as an example) but Leos way of explaining could reach a few of them Im sure.

Edited by BlackPhil

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I can only help expand the consciousness of one who wants it expanded.

Yes but many people dont even know of the possibility to do so. If they did they would want it.

This thread reminds me of something stupid/profound one of my old bosses used to say every time we had to unload a delivery truck and got to the last thing to be unloaded. -

"We should have started with this one, we'd be done already."

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

8 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

This thread reminds me of something stupid/profound one of my old bosses used to say every time we had to unload a delivery truck and got to the last thing to be unloaded. -

"We should have started with this one, we'd be done already."

Sometimes its necessary to state the obvious in order to get things going. I know this isnt some original idea Leo hasnt thought of, but still why not put it out there some more?

Edited by BlackPhil

@BlackPhil Sure.. no reason not to put it out there. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."