LisaH

Archetypes

17 posts in this topic

I stumbled upon Leo as I was doing some research on YouTube, and I think he is going to be an extraordinary resource in my growth journey. Right now, I’m studying different topics, but one that I find exciting and interesting in archetypes. I’m reading Archetypes: A beginners guide to your inner-net by Caroline Myss. I am curious if anyone here has researched this concept and how much it has affected there understanding of the workings of people within the maze. Is this a worthy topic to spend some time researching? 

image.jpg

Edited by LisaH
Adding photo

I've had an interest in them, sort of like a magical-primordial like sense of fascination with them... the word "mytho-poetic" comes to mind.  Jordan Hall describes using myths as a way to orient oneself as to what the correct course of action is.  He describes reading myths like the Arthurian legends and then literally feeling in your body where it lands and how it feels when you read it, and then inquiry into that feeling as a sort of compass.  Something about seeing myths as psychologically encoded lessons and patterns humanity has learned over the eons, and perhaps even "lessons" learned prior to homo sapiens, like, back into the animal kingdom and before.

I think Leo's opinion on archetypes and Jung is that they aren't particularly useful. I think I saw him describe it along the lines of "The universe is itself infinitely imaginative, so the archetypes are just like miniscule blotches within that."  Something like that.  I might be butchering it.

In terms of personal growth, I think I've found working with subpersonalities much more fruitful in terms of actually resolving emotional and life issues.  I dunno how useful, or how actually one would go about, using archetypes for personal growth.  Any ideas?  I guess to me the biggest use I see in them is as guideposts to see where you are on your personal-development journey and where you might need to go, etc.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

46 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

I've had an interest in them, sort of like a magical-primordial like sense of fascination with them... the word "mytho-poetic" comes to mind.  Jordan Hall describes using myths as a way to orient oneself as to what the correct course of action is.  He describes reading myths like the Arthurian legends and then literally feeling in your body where it lands and how it feels when you read it, and then inquiry into that feeling as a sort of compass.  Something about seeing myths as psychologically encoded lessons and patterns humanity has learned over the eons, and perhaps even "lessons" learned prior to homo sapiens, like, back into the animal kingdom and before.

I think Leo's opinion on archetypes and Jung is that they aren't particularly useful. I think I saw him describe it along the lines of "The universe is itself infinitely imaginative, so the archetypes are just like miniscule blotches within that."  Something like that.  I might be butchering it.

In terms of personal growth, I think I've found working with subpersonalities much more fruitful in terms of actually resolving emotional and life issues.  I dunno how useful, or how actually one would go about, using archetypes for personal growth.  Any ideas?  I guess to me the biggest use I see in them is as guideposts to see where you are on your personal-development journey and where you might need to go, etc.

Good comment.

Here's the thing Jordan Hall was talking about.  This is also my attempt at memetic, ideological, proliferation :) ... cuz I like and believe in Jordan quite a bit probably.

... It's almost like I'm a little "Jordan Hall" (or Leo, or Daniel Schmachentberger, or other people I idolize) soldier, trying to "spread the gospel" and infect others with their stuff so they become "one of the tribe" and believe in them too... ha... oi yoi yoi.

But it's good shit too 

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I think it can be somewhat useful for people who are lost in life. Like a way for people to get something to hold onto. Like a religion can. But ultimately it has to be let go if the person wants to fully manifest his ultimate expression in the world. As every individual is a unique expression of infinite love. Trying to confine that expression within certain borders only stiffles that expression, assuming that person actually puts faith in archetypes to be real.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I meant that consciousness is in no way limited to what archetypes humans invent. This was an existential point that does not necessarily mean archetypes are not useful. I think they can be useful for newbies to get their bearings.

For example, you could say that I fit a philosopher archetype. And that is would have been helpful for me to know 10-20 years ago.

But nothing beats the God archetype once you discover it ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But nothing beats the God archetype once you discover it ;)

Whatever floats your boat, I'm kinda bored with some angry bearded dude in the sky. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw Look in the mirror. He is you.

@Leo Gura Oh shit. Time to buy some Nair I guess. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw You can buy one of those fake comedy store glasses-nose-mustache gags and wear it for a day. It will help the awakening process ;)

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@mandyjw You can buy one of those fake comedy store glasses-nose-mustache gags and wear it for a day. It will help the awakening process ;)

Oh! A disguise! I thought you said "diss guys". Clear now, thanks. 

@LisaH I discovered archetypes in a big way when I started taking acid late last year. Not encouraging you to start tripping so you could take inspiration from this lady below who clearly has an unparalleled understanding without the help of psychedelics. Enjoy!

On 2/26/2021 at 7:54 PM, Matt23 said:

Here's the thing Jordan Hall was talking about.  This is also my attempt at memetic, ideological, proliferation :) ... cuz I like and believe in Jordan quite a bit probably.

... It's almost like I'm a little "Jordan Hall" (or Leo, or Daniel Schmachentberger, or other people I idolize) soldier, trying to "spread the gospel" and infect others with their stuff so they become "one of the tribe" and believe in them too... ha... oi yoi yoi.

But it's good shit too 

He recommends Arthurian Legends, here's a really useful list for finding these:

https://mythbank.com/list-of-arthurian-texts-ancient-and-modern/

I'm reading maps of reading and the author touches upon this subject. You might like it.

In Tate we trust

5 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Can't wait for Leo to cover shadow work, and the archetypes.

It's not something to glean from a video.  You need to read Jung.