Tim R

Leo's speech rate

25 posts in this topic

@Tim R I think the slower you talk the more often you create a gap of silence in other's people mind those moment of silence and gap makes it helpful for people to notice their true self more easily.

You guys really worship Leo on here. He's a great teacher, but getting to the point of analysing his speech rate can be described as obsession. Im sure Leo himself would agree lol

Nah it's just a useful thing to notice if you're doing your own presentations. And Leo is GOD so there's that.

All stories and explanations are false.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:19 PM, Cykaaaa said:

Thanks to his slow talking, I can understand everything he's saying perfectly even when speed up 2x. And in fact, for months now I've been listening to all of Leo's videos at this speed. 

A while ago, out of curiosity, I turned the playback speed back to normal. Holy shit! That IS slow, truly, haha.

It's not like I'm in a rush. But at the same time, I seriously can find no downsides to faster listening. I comprehend everything easily. If anything, I rewind a bit. No worries. 

I literally know of no other channel than I can listen to at such a high speed. Not even in my native language :D

I highly recommend it

Hahaha, agreed.  I personally like 1.5x for a balance of comprehension and speed.  But yeah at 1x I almost can't stand it :)  It's probably great for those who don't speak English natively though--I always suspected he spoke slowly and clearly for partially that reason.