Tim R

Leo's speech rate

25 posts in this topic

Ok this might be kinda random but I thought it was funny so.. I noticed how in his earlier videos, Leo used to talk faster than he does nowadays. 

So what I did was I calculated the words per minute rate from his older and newer videos and lo and behold, Leo used to speak at a rate of around 202 words per minute, whereas today it's only around 132 words per minute. Over the years his speech rate gradually slowed down (about 35% slower), which is actually a lot.

I wonder why that is. Is it because his mind has become more calm or because of something else? 

Why do wise people speak so slowly? I think of J. Krishnamurti or Alan Watts, maybe one day Leo will be talking like them?

7 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Ok this might be kinda random but I thought it was funny so.. I noticed how in his earlier videos, Leo used to talk faster than he does nowadays. 

So what I did was I calculated the words per minute rate from his older and newer videos and lo and behold, Leo used to speak at a rate of around 202 words per minute, whereas today it's only around 132 words per minute. Over the years his speech rate gradually slowed down (about 35% slower), which is actually a lot.

I wonder why that is. Is it because his mind has become more calm or because of something else? 

Why do wise people speak so slowly? I think of J. Krishnamurti or Alan Watts, maybe one day Leo will be talking like them?

Do Garyvee next:P

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Thank God. 

I want a slow Leo, much more calm. 

The faster Leo was like fast food, not goooooood at all. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Maybe there's a negative correlation with loquacity and wisdom ;) Ramana Maharshi:

Ramana Maharshi's main means of instruction to his devotees in order to remove ignorance and abide in Self-awareness was through silently sitting together with his visitors, using words only sparingly. His method of instruction has been compared to Dakshinamurti – Shiva in the ascetic appearance of the Guru, who teaches through silence:

One evening, devotees asked Sri Ramana Maharshi to explain the meaning of Shankara's hymn in praise of Dakshinamurti. They waited for his answer, but in vain. The Maharishi sat motionless on his seat, in total silence.

Commenting upon this silence Ramana Maharshi said:

Silence is the true upadesa. It is the perfect upadesa. It is suited only for the most advanced seeker. The others are unable to draw full inspiration from it. Therefore, they require words to explain the truth. But truth is beyond words; it does not warrant explanation. All that is possible is to indicate It. How is that to be done?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

He has also changed hes systems and structures in hes episodes. He became more fluid. Relexed. Not so perfectionistic. 

Although I think hes older episodes are a work of Art! I plan to share how I think he writes and creates them...  becouse I started to develop this within myself. 

I was just thinking how great he is! When you are Enlightened you don't want to be in your head that much  (and he must, just for you,  you ungrateful ego ;) hehehe You will understand one day, or will you? Snowflake 

Just now, EddieEddie1995 said:

Silence is the true upadesa. It is the perfect upadesa. It is suited only for the most advanced seeker. The others are unable to draw full inspiration from it. Therefore, they require words to explain the truth. But truth is beyond words; it does not warrant explanation. All that is possible is to indicate It. How is that to be done?

Advanced seekers knows that the answers they are seeking can be found in silence, but most people here don't. ?

I would love to go and sit in silence with Enlightened masters. It ison my bucked list! 

@Leo Gura When can we expect to meet you in person Leo?  ☺

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

I wonder why that is.

Because it makes for better presentation style. To speak with more authority speak slower and lower. Also, if you're speaking off the cuff it gives you more time to think. I'm guessing Leo follows an outline for the video but he's not reading a teleprompter, he's winging it.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

Just now, LastThursday said:

Because it makes for better presentation style. To speak with more authority speak slower and lower. Also, if you're speaking off the cuff then it gives you more time to think. I'm guessing Leo follows an outline for the video but he's not reading a teleprompter, he's winging it.

I think itnis not authority, it is more relaxation and ease. 

He is winging it. When you know something you don't have to read about it. He uses structures in a spontaneous way. 

He has already developed systems, he just changes the context. It is easy for him ? The path of mastery! 

Just now, EddieEddie1995 said:

He uses structures in a spontaneous way. 

This is how we introverted intuitives need to live our life. Discipline and structure gives us freedom to be spontaneous ❤

@EddieEddie1995 agreed. Leo's definitely mastered the art form of his videos. I mean the guy talks for 2.5 hours straight and doesn't stumble, other than occasionally groping for a word or losing his thread, which he then picks back up very quickly. I wasn't implying that he's trying to project authority (although he is to an extent), but that sounding authoratitive makes you sound more interesting, relaxed and fluid.

All stories and explanations are false.

Just now, LastThursday said:

wasn't implying that he's trying to project authority (although he is to an extent), but that sounding authoratitive makes you sound more interesting, relaxed and fluid.

@LastThursday Agree! I mean.. he must play a character that is interesting. I love it!

When I observe my videos I can see how Im using  the same facial expressions and way of communication hahaha It is funny hehehe  

@Tim R I'm a bit impatient and adhd brained. On some videos I might speed up the video for a short while when Leo is explaining and repeating something in an accessible way to all normies listening, and then later on I slow it down when I want to reflect as I'm listening.

The benefit of not speeding up the video though is that you get to reflect and make actual connections in your mind in real time as the video is playing. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

2 hours ago, Tim R said:

I'd say that's it.

It's a good lesson for everyone here. Most of us are probably moving way too fast. When the mind slows down and a person adopts a healthier lifestyle, they slow down in general. Less anxiety and need to speed things up or fidget. Grounded.

Lol his speech rate is 1.5x faster for me thanks to YouTube settings

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

4 minutes ago, aurum said:

Might just be from learning that slowing down one's speech is better for teaching and for people to ingest the info.  Could also about being more comfortable doing what he's doing, and not feeling like he's gotta "show-off" all the info or something.  Like, maybe slow talkers are simply more comfortable in themselves.  Maybe, another thing to throw in the bag, it could be that he's the stuff he's doing now is more authentic and just "off-the-cuff", so that we're actually seeing him think things through live a bit more, compared to having all these pieces of info to talk about that have been pre-established.  I dunno. Some ideas.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

There are many leos,

Out doors leo, squirting leo, black shirt leo, white shit leo. 

Leovolution 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

And now, the new and improved ("improved" = to be determined) Red Shirt Leo.  = check out blog

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

11 hours ago, Tim R said:

His latest videos have disproportionately more TA-DA "moments". :D 

I am waiting for a video where he just repeatedly says "TA-DA" the whole video but it is not happening just yet.