GreenWoods

How to make Shamanic Breathing more enjoyable?

12 posts in this topic

For many people shamanic breathing is strenuous and requires much effort and will power. This might even be the number one reason why hardly anyone is doing it regularly .

To solve that, we can make it more enjoyable or find ways that make the effects appear earlier, so less time spent breathing is required. 

So far I've come up with these ideas:

• more potent breathing technique
  • running for 2-10 minutes just before starting. (Running has a similiar effect as the first few minutes of shamanic breathing, thus you reduce total breathing time). And, the exhaustion can melt resistance. You could additionally take a quick shower after running. Maybe 30 seconds cold (to pump up motivation and discipline) and then warm/hot so you are not cold for your breathing session.
  • Alternatively or additionally you could masturbate just before shamanic breathing. ( Just edging, ejaculation likely decreases your willpower for shamanic breathing.) And try to spread the sexual energy to your upper body at the same time. That might make the breathing later on more pleasurable (if not all sexual energy dissolves). You could maybe also try to keep masturbating while shamanic breathing. 
  • Listening to drumming music or music you like
  • And you could do anything that makes you motivated before starting or do things that reduce resistance, like self love or meditation to reduce ego.

Have you come up with tricks?

Or any spontaneous ideas?

A cold shower before helped me immensely, I felt more connected with my body,  breathing is still tough but you actually have the energetic fortitude to keep up the breaths.

12 hours ago, Laila said:

A cold shower before helped me immensely, I felt more connected with my body,  breathing is still tough but you actually have the energetic fortitude to keep up the breaths.

@Laila Nice! I haven't tried it yet. Good to know it works.

It's never been an enjoyable practice to me, and I don't think it will ever be. The joy usually comes right afterwards when I relax and surrender.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

13 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

You could maybe also try to keep masturbating while shamanic breathing.

Lmao could work but don't get walked in on. May be difficult to explain with the drumming and panting. 

Or just go up into the tall mountans to practice your hyperventilating with the added pressure and temperature difference.

Just bring a mosquito net if you don't wanna choke the moment you inhale. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

I join a weekly guided breathing session. The person who guides you is really reasurring and the music is really nice. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I heard that it takes some people 10-15 session to kind of get into it.

On 27/2/2021 at 0:23 PM, Gesundheit said:

It's never been an enjoyable practice to me, and I don't think it will ever be. The joy usually comes right afterwards when I relax and surrender.

+1

I procrastinate a lot about this technique even when it is the most powerful tool -apart from pschycodelics- I know. 

On 2/27/2021 at 0:23 PM, Gesundheit said:

@Gesundheit Same. And once I'm done breathing it gets blissful.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:19 PM, mmKay said:

Lmao could work but don't get walked in on. May be difficult to explain with the drumming and panting. 

@mmKay Yeah, watch out lol.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:19 PM, mmKay said:

Or just go up into the tall mountans to practice your hyperventilating with the added pressure and temperature difference. 

I guess that could work. I don't have a tall mountain nearby though :ph34r:

On 2/27/2021 at 3:21 PM, Thought Art said:

I join a weekly guided breathing session. The person who guides you is really reasurring and the music is really nice. 

@Thought Art I'm sure that can make it easier. And such circumstances also immediately increase commitment.

19 hours ago, vladorion said:

I heard that it takes some people 10-15 session to kind of get into it.

@vladorion It's also said that the hand cramps get less over time.

What I've noticed is, the first few times I did shamanic breathing, I always (or almost always) got a bit ill in the following days. But after around the 5th session, I haven't gotten ill a single time after shamanic breathing. So I guess my body was detoxing during the first few times. 

2 hours ago, RedLine said:

I procrastinate a lot about this technique

@RedLine me too....

That video can really help you to maintain the breathing rhythm:

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

On 27/02/2021 at 9:21 AM, Thought Art said:

Is this on youtube? 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

On 2021-02-26 at 5:14 PM, GreenWoods said:

Listening to drumming music or music you like

Check out East Forest!

He makes soothing/meditative music for psychedelic journeys but I think it would be great for this technique also.

Sailing on the ceiling