Anton Rogachevski

What are your thoughts on this? (PC culture)

62 posts in this topic

I can't figure out if they're making fun of social justice warriors and calling them problematic? If so I think this is misinformed. People get into this way of thinking about the world because they have experienced pain around their identity and not being able to fit in. We actually need to embrace social justice warriors and listen to them. Does it sometimes get "out of hand" as is portrayed in this video? Sure, but that should be less of a concern because behind the seemingly unreasonable requests for equality are people in pain crying out for help. 

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry

Yes, of course it's exaggerated, to try and show a dystopic scenario of how things might get if we keep going the same way.

I think they are trying to show that PC culture has infected our culture and it's dictating how things are done. If someone dares to say a different opinion than the mainstream consensus he's ridiculed and being silenced. 

It's not that it's propaganda it's that it's bad propaganda. 

If I had no soul and some billionaire offered me money to make shit like this I could make it 100 times better. 

Yes, wokescolds may be annoying

Yes, social justice is still good

problem is that the video doesn’t really make the distinction.

LMFAO! This made my day! There are absolutely quite some people like that.

Although, I think it has more to do with neurosis than with political correctness at the most fundamental level. So they'll always be a minority.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

@Flowerfaeiry

Yes, of course it's exaggerated, to try and show a dystopic scenario of how things might get if we keep going the same way.

I think they are trying to show that PC culture has infected our culture and it's dictating how things are done. If someone dares to say a different opinion than the mainstream consensus he's ridiculed and being silenced. 

I watched another one of his videos and I can't agree with his approach. People who are overly PC in this way need to be cared for, not ridiculed 

"You Create Magic" 

3 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Is PC culture getting out of hand?

Abso-fucking-lutely

3 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

There are absolutely quite some people like that.

Show me. 

3 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

@Opo

Propagating what exactly? 

Reactionary politics. 

1 hour ago, Opo said:

Show me. 

I don't follow politics or even regularly watch the news. I see people like that on my Facebook, and here on the forum. But I don't want to tag them here cuz they'll be offended lol. Usually, they're extreme leftists, so it may be possible to find people like that within politicians from that affiliation. Or maybe people are like that only on the internet but not in real life. Idk. All I know is that this phenomenon exists.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

stop with the clickbait titles and this video is trash tbh

@Gesundheit

16 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

I don't follow politics or even regularly watch the news. I see people like that on my Facebook, and here on the forum. But I don't want to tag them here cuz they'll be offended lol. Usually, they're extreme leftists, so it may be possible to find people like that within politicians from that affiliation. Or maybe people are like that only on the internet but not in real life. Idk. All I know is that this phenomenon exists.

I've seen these types of people on news, some on social media sites I venture, and some in person, so it's not limited to it being in the internet. There are also some here that exhibit similar patterns like that.

However, even though these types do sometimes take cancel culture into more negative tones than necessary, it's also important to try to understand where their coming from, as a lot of them genuinely are alienated for whatever reason, so it's much better to find ways to understand them more and demonize them less. The polarizing and demonizing is usually what creates more extreme social justice warriors.

Okay watched more of the video and these people don't exist. 

This was made by someone who doesn't understand green. 

5 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

If someone dares to say a different opinion than the mainstream consensus he's ridiculed and being silenced. 

This is not endemic to so-called PC culture. Take a look at history.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Seems like some of our Green/Pluralist friends are triggered lol.

@Danioover9000 I don't do politics or engage in political debates, so I don't know. But I see the validity in what you said and I also see some validity in the video. It's just never going to be easy to get 7 billion people to agree.

@Anton Rogachevski

The problem with shitting on PC culture or SJWs is that most people have never bothered to integrate their POV.

Like sure, we can talk about where SJWs have got it wrong and unhealthy manifestations of Green consciousness. But have you actually read someone like Angela Davis? Or studied the history of colonization? Or seriously listened to BIPOC and LGBTQ people about their struggles?

It's very rare.

In other words, many people criticizing SJWs have no idea what social justice is all about and why it exists in the first place. It's stage Orange failing to understand Green and then laughing at it.

This is a BS attempt at mocking SJWs.....quite literally what it is. I understand that some aspects of PC culture can feel a bit annoying for some of our egos (the OCCASIONAL criticism of men staring/picking up woman), but most of those things in the video are exaggeration. If I was not an informed person, watching this video would lead me to believe that PC culture will somehow lead to a dystopic, Marxist future. At best, this video does a HORRIBLE impression of some people in spiral dynamics stage green

I would really be hesitant to call this stage green. I personally know people who I believe are stage green, they are sweethearts, just being in their presence is giving you spiritual energy. Political Left is the opposite of that.

Taking Post-modernistic beliefs to extreme and being dogmatic about them sounds more like blue, yet a modern version of it. Blue Reborn, with a Green cloak. 

@aurum

I myself have an understanding and empathy for those causes, being a minority and an immigrant, but I don't push it into peoples faces.

@Flowerfaeiry

Being patient with abuse is not the way to cure the abuser. There's a sickness called codependency which is busy doing exactly that.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski